• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen ????

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
Years
ok this is about red and blue version but its really important cuz proly noone goesa on thosse forums anymore but one of my friends says that if you go to viridian city after you beat the pokemon league and ride the boat it takes you to a place to catch mew is this true

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Wrong Forum and no. It has never been confirmed in the games.

Lumine

Basement Cat
Years
viridian city doesnt hav boat docks, which means ur mates a liar go and slap him

Lumine

Basement Cat
Years
do it urself i threw my red and blue version in a bonfire, and for arceus's sake no it does not work =\

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
Years
mine got lost but im sorry for geetting the place wrong it is the place where lt.surge is or whatevr the 3rd gym leader is and i wish i could find out if it works

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
there was some thing where you could surf off of the dock next to the ss anne in vermilion, but it never worked for me.

but seriously, this is the wrong forum for this, people do still look at the original gba forums

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
This is in the wrong forum, which you know, just because people don't go there as often as this one doesn't mean you can post it here.

Years
there was some thing where you could surf off of the dock next to the ss anne in vermilion, but it never worked for me.

but seriously, this is the wrong forum for this, people do still look at the original gba forums

Yeah, I've heard of that one... But I guess it don't work.

Years
Their is only one Mew glitch that is confirmed to work. Instructions can be found here. Be warned though, you may have to restart your game.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
Years
I once heard a rumor about their being a Mew hidden behind the SS Anne with no way to get to it, but I personally don't think it's true. I wouldn't know for sure though, because I usually don't cheat on games unless I've beaten it and have nothing better to do. (Ever since I migrated all my Ruby Pokemon to Diamond, I've been experimenting with how far I can get using Walk Through Walls without ever getting my first Pokemmon. I made it all the way to Mossdeep once!)

But I'm still using my Red Version, so I've never tried any Mew glitches yet, but when I'm done with it, I'll give it a shot. I doubt it will work, but hey? What've I got to lose? I've always wanted to try riding the boat after the Pokemon League, anyway.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2008
huhuh just to clear the air...... a mew glitch does work but there are requir mints like u didnt fight a kid with a slowpoke over by that place and didnt fight that gambler on roete ?? any way it worked for me i got red too so... oh!! and im at the elite four now so ill check k?

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
im not gonna try it. anyways im scared of using game sharks. but try googling it.or there might be a vid on how 2 do it on youtube

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
There is no mew, no boat, nothing. NOTHING! I thought that the stupid "a cousin of a friend of my brother said that if you do some stupid thing in your blue/red/yellow, you will get a mew" rumours era finished years ago.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2009
No, it isn't. The only way you can get Mew in the first gen. games, now would be to do the Mew Glitch. Incase you haven't heard of it, it's long to type out, but moderately easy to do. search it on google. I tried to type it out here, but it was too big.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2008
huhhuh your friend is a big PPPHHHAAAATTTT!!!!!! LIER!!:shocked:
im mean seroisly does he lie all the time? or is he cofused? answer to your Q.NO ;) teirs nothing like dat in red soo...u know what to tell your "friend":knockedou

Back