• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Stuck in a ROM hack? Get help here!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 8, 2017
Hello, i have a question, is there any posible way for a NPC to be scripted or be changed in a way that it can avoid obstacles?

for example:
if in s2 there is no obstacle then move north
if in s4 there is no obstacle then move east
if in s6 there is no obstacle then move south
if in s8 there is no obstacle then move west

just to make the NPC more intelligent

Attachments

• npc.png
    npc.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Hello, i have a question, is there any posible way for a NPC to be scripted or be changed in a way that it can avoid obstacles?

for example:
if in s2 there is no obstacle then move north
if in s4 there is no obstacle then move east
if in s6 there is no obstacle then move south
if in s8 there is no obstacle then move west

just to make the NPC more intelligent
I don't think this is the best place to ask. Maybe make a thread here instead.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Playing Pokemon Anniversary Red.
I've beaten the elite 4.
I've caught every pokemon in the pokedex barring mew.
I know there's a special map for Mew.
How do I get to it? It's the LAST thing I need to do before declaring the game beaten. Well that and getting the diploma

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 10, 2020
Hi, I had a problem when trying to add attacks.

so, I've added new moves (using PGE) into a Fire Red ROM.. Edited 2 of 20 moves added, everything is normal.. until you open YAPE, and ALL the names of ALL moves became blank! even those who I edited!
Is there a way to solve thatthing? Thanks in advance.

(Quick EDIT: In the ROM the names are just fine, so the problem comes from YAPE?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Hi, I had a problem when trying to add attacks.

so, I've added new moves (using PGE) into a Fire Red ROM.. Edited 2 of 20 moves added, everything is normal.. until you open YAPE, and ALL the names of ALL moves became blank! even those who I edited!
Is there a way to solve thatthing? Thanks in advance.

(Quick EDIT: In the ROM the names are just fine, so the problem comes from YAPE?)
This thread is mainly for people who are stuck while playing a ROM hack. You should make a thread on this sub-forum instead.

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Last edited:
Years
Hi guys!!! Need ur help im playing advance adventure and im in the part of pokemon hq.. apparently the guards wont allow me to enter and i vant talk to them as well what should i fo? Im using nds4ios emulator

Years
Hi guys i really badlg need ur help.. im playing advnace adventure and im in the pokemon hq apparently i cannot move forward as the guards wont let me in i tried talking to them as well but there not responsive.. what should i do??? ????????????

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Hi guys i really badlg need ur help.. im playing advnace adventure and im in the pokemon hq apparently i cannot move forward as the guards wont let me in i tried talking to them as well but there not responsive.. what should i do??? ????????????
"The most common bugs include, but are not limited to:
- Game getting stuck at the Salamence Scene
- Guards blocking the path to Pokemon HQ
- Professor Oak blocking your path in the post-game story-line

For anyone having problems with progress due to a possible bug, you can try applying the following fix.

In your pokemon boxes in the PC, there seem to be some "bad eggs" and even some "invisible pokemon". This has to due with some mis-assigned flags. Go through all of your boxes and release all of the bad eggs and invisible pokemon that you can find. This will hopefully fix any errors you are having. A shout-out to Rasengan0 for finding a fix! Good luck, have fun!"

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 28, 2017
Hi, i have posted in the Expert emerald thread but thought maybe this thread would be more appropriate.

i met some problems in Expert Emerald 1.5. It seems there is a glitch at fortree's gym and the game restarts on its own. i am unable to proceed with battling winona...

the glitch happens during the double battle with birdkeeper edwardo.

please help me >.<

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
In pokemon shiny gold sigma i have an item to see ghost pokemon, yet there are still "ghosts" when i fight them also i can't find Misty, even thought i looked the same location she's in pokemon G/S/C

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
I tried to convert a save from an old beta (not sure wich) to the new beta 7 using the dropbox sync. My gba4ios keeps syncing to my dropbox but it doesn't seem to include the new save for beta 7 (the one from the old beta renamed tot the beta 7 file) that I placed inside the beta 7 folder.

It's really stupid as I downloaded the game only a few days ago but stumbeled already on the end after the second gym in the Johto region :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hi. Does anybody knows in which narc its the field item data of Pokemon Black 2?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 5, 2018
Does anyone know how to return to Kanto from the Orange Islands in Ash Grey ? I don't have the boat pass, I came by flight.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Can anyone help me with the ice puzzle in the Team Aqua base in Emerald Kaizo? I'm really struggling with it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 1, 2020
hi im playing pkm shiny gold sigma v.1.3.4 and im stuck in violet city. The blonde guy on route 32 keep asking me to go to the gym although i won the badge already? can anyone help me pls

Attachments

• Pokemon-Shiny-Gold-Sigma1.3.4.png
    Pokemon-Shiny-Gold-Sigma1.3.4.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
hi im playing pkm shiny gold sigma v.1.3.4 and im stuck in violet city. The blonde guy on route 32 keep asking me to go to the gym although i won the badge already? can anyone help me pls

It will probably be easiest to just restart. And make sure not to lose any battles early on.

Back