• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I deathgrinded my mons in a diamond nuzlocke, my goal was 60, but I was told that I was pretty much OK since I had
Spiritomb and Bronzong. We decimated the E4, and Cam, my Porygon-Z was the only casualty.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I don't have the patience to grind levels that much. Hyper Potions=Stalling=Eventual E4 Victories. xP I'm probably one of the most impatient people anyone will ever know.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I remember one fateful day on Emerald, where I was attempting to complete the national Pokedex. I was running around somewhere (don't remember where it happens) and found Steven Stone. I thought, that's odd, what is Steven Stone doing in a place like this? I talked to him and he battled my level 20-25 team. Needless to say, I won, because I had adequate Revives in my inventory.

I know what you mean, Inferno.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, you can beat Cynthia in BW with a team of level 1 Pokemon, provided you have the right ones with the right moves of course. Aaaand Steven isn't so hard, with his special sweeping Aggron. lmao, Beating major characters with low level Pokemon should be a challenge in its own.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I once knew a guy called Steven Stone. :P
I should really get started on this Nuzlocke challenge, since my game got forcefully shut down last time. :(

Random question: has anyone ever dared to combine something with Nuzlocke, like Monotype Water Nuzlocke challenge?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't, but given the fact there are so many damn water types, I think it could be done. Maybe. I've never done a Nuzlocke though so idek.

Enigma

Years
Monotype Nuzlocke? Maybe something I'll try one day. I haven't tried a Nuzlocke either, but it's definitely up there on things that I want to try.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't even know why they introduce so many water types into the game. It's quite dabbling to be honest. I mean compare that to fire types introduced say in D/P/Pt and you get, the Chimchar family, and then Magmortar.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There are a good number of new fire types in generation V thankfully. And they cut back on Water significantly, especially when you compare gen V to past generations.

Enigma

Years
I guess that means that there is plenty of fish in the sea for water monotypes? *shot for bad pun*
Aren't we forgetting Heatran? ._. Even so, that's still 5...I guess it still seems kind of low, but I've never been concerned much with the amount of the Pokemon with a certain type.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey hey hey, give water types some love!

I mean, I guess you could do a Water Monotype, but I mean, it would just mean you could only catch the Starter and like maybe one other Pokemon if you're lucky before you get Surf/Rod.

It would probably be better to do something like a Monotype, but if a pokemon faints, you have to release him. So half a monotype.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
HEY ALL. :'D

Talking about grinding... I got back into my Favorite (yeah started in September dfghjkl) and grinding is a pain. How in the world can I be Lv. 27, with most of the trainers beaten until Pastoria (it's on Platinum, not on DP. Pt. > DP. BY 1,000,0000,0000,0000000 miles dgfhjlk) and now I'm grinding in the restaurant...

Expect a really smexy update with smexy pictures and smexy descriptions. :')
Aaand, is any of you guys getting A 3DS ? I'll get one for my 13th Birthday (fyeah 13 !) in... September. I buy handhelds for Pokemon. So what the point.

pretty insane right now. too much chewing gum and pepsi. /fail

And the CI&D is nearing 1,000 replies. OH YEAH. Now that's cool. (:

Years
Speaking of old unfinished challenges... I still haven't finished Sinnoh in my Dragon Ultimate Monotype Challenge I started ... almost a year ago? (does that mean I also have to do bw now?)
If I can find my last post in the old thread, maybe I'll end the hiatus the day it becomes exactly a year.
Then again that would mean playing Sinnoh, azteahldafeiafjacyetgse (I do believe this ... expression sums up my opinion of Sinnoh and its slowness quite well).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't attempted to touch my Favorite, Least favorite, or monotype challenge in forever. Have not had the mood to do so. Lazy challenge mod is lazy.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Oh, now I got up the sexy update. Mmmyeah...
So, I've been thinking of better nicknames, as current ones sound pretty suckish. So... who wants to be named after a Pokemon...? I suppose no one since those requests usually get ignored

Combusken (Blaziken) - 560cool (yeah I name Pokemon after myself shut up)
Swellow -
Dratini - Sorry, my Dratini was in HG. I can't change the suckish nickname (Blues).
Manectric -
Aerodactyl -
Exeggcute -

Just... pick a Pokemon. And I'll go change his nickname.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
So, I've been thinking of better nicknames, as current ones sound pretty suckish. So... who wants to be named after a Pokemon...? I suppose no one since those requests usually get ignored

Swellow -
Dratini - Sorry, my Dratini was in HG. I can't change the suckish nickname (Blues).
Manectric -
Aerodactyl -
Exeggcute - Teh Chaos! Keep the actually nickname "Chaos11011" though. Because I like my name with a Capital 'C'. I still don't know why my user name is like that though, must be my laziness to request / type it.

Comment is in bold^

I don't do the Favorite challenge anymore, it got deleted, along with my 31 IV Sp.Def Ivysaur :/

See, I was playing my Platinum while someone was knocking on my door, I was mid-saving to. So I left my DS there, thinking I would have a chance to save it later.

It was my friends wanting to play soccer with their new ball, I was exited and I ran along with them, forgeting to Close my DS/Turn Off/Save.

I came back, with my with file deleted because off the stupid "Please do not turn off while saving" thing. Since the battery died and turned it off.

Thank goodness though that it didn't corrupt the file.

Enigma

Years
Aaand, is any of you guys getting A 3DS ? I'll get one for my 13th Birthday (fyeah 13 !) in... September. I buy handhelds for Pokemon. So what the point.

Will get one if/when the 6th generation games come out for it. I also initially get the handhelds just for the new Pokemon games, but sometimes I'll get a different kind of game as well. I'll probably do so for the 3DS, since I heard something about Ocarina of Time being remade for it. That will be an instant buy. :P

I will be getting both Black and White for my 14th birthday. muahahaha one year older than you Either that, or I'll buy one game myself, then just ask for the other game, to keep it easy on the family. :P

Swellow -
Manectric -
Aerodactyl -
Exeggcute -

I call the Swellow. I almost picked the Manectric, though.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Does that mean I get to go with Manectric? That's fine with me. :D If I get to choose the nickname, go with either 'Alterna' for a kitchen girl and 'Alternoob' for a boy.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I quickly skimmed the list of exclusive Pokemon for each generation, and I don't see anything special as far as differences go. So, I think I might as well get both of them.

I'm 20 so muahahaha i'm like 6 years older than you two hi.

Also, I'd prefer if the Aerodactyl was just Myrrh instead of Myrrhman. Mainly because its not a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back