The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media Video Games
League of Legends

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old July 19th, 2016 (1:01 PM).

Nature: Lonely
    Hey, haven't posted here since forever.

I love the new Ryze. E a cannon minion, E it again, Q for the entire wave to be cleared. His damage is also insane since he can constantly throw out Qs and Es. He is actually really broken. The only downside is that the ultimate is kinda meh, because even though it's a huge teamfighting ultimate, Ryze sucks ass in teamfights now, he is better splitting or catching people out. His ultimate is also really hard to actually use properly, since most of the time the enemy team just prepares huge teamfight ultimates for when you teleport and you die.

Anyway, besides that. Currently attempting a mostly Yasuo only climb to Diamond 5 (currently in Plat 2 series to Plat 1). Been doing well so far, only prob is I don't really have a fallback in case Yasuo happens to be banned (and his banrate seems to be increasing), I can play Veigar but can't really carry with any other champion and Veigar isn't that great in "solo" queue.
    Old July 25th, 2016 (11:11 AM).
    D-I-N-O-S-A

Nature: Quirky
    So Kled is out... we definitely needed another map mobility ult in the game after the last 50 champions had them? .-.
    Old July 25th, 2016 (9:15 PM).

Nature: Quiet
    And another x-hit passive ability. Don't teams at Riot have anything more creative than "hit x times to deal max HP% damage / gain movement speed / gain 250% attack speed"? And Kled's goddamn passive... Nothing wrong with creating unique champions that challenge players, but sometimes I wish Riot could go back to creating simple champions just for the next release or two. The new champions kits feel so overloaded these days. Kled is going to be able to tank, deal sustained damage, deal burst damage with abilities, provide CC, make a gank, escape a gank, etc. etc.

FC: 5327 - 1652 - 0643

Old July 26th, 2016 (1:11 AM).
    The Phenomenal Darling

Nature: Naughty
      Do i find it funny that many of the more recent champs and reworked versions of champs have very notable passives that somehow centralizes their gameplay? Just take a good look at the likes of Graves, Malzahar, Cass, and the like. Check their passives.
      Old July 26th, 2016 (2:08 PM).

I really hate how Riot just forces champion into certain roles by giving them dumb gimmicky passives that restrict how they play lately. For example the new champion Kled cannot gain any health from runes, masteries or items. So basically if you want to build any non damage item you will be essentially wasting a ton of gold for literally no reason since most of them give health, his passive doesn't build against jungle monsters so he is being completely forced into top lane too. Btw love how they couldn't come up with a good passive for Cassiopeia so they just decided "Hey memes and jokes, lel!".

Honestly Kled's kit feels unoriginal. It's pretty much just abilities of other pre existing champions but better. Q while mounted gives him a better LB tether that actually does something, Q while unmounted gives him Graves's old Q that also knocks him back, W is a generic every X AA % max health damage every champion apparently has now, with the extra kick of getting huge AS while doing it because it wasn't obnoxious enough, E is a Renekton E that will auto aim the second time cause who cares about skill.

And then there is his ult. Literally Sion ult + Sivir ult combined. And considering the only reason to pick Sion right now is his ult engage which even then is really hard to land, I'm guessing Kled will just push Sion completely out of viability. Good job Riot.
        Old July 28th, 2016 (2:49 AM).

Don't forget to wait 3 patches before Riot actually nerfs the hell out of balances him. Bright side, maybe he'll finally kill the tank meta so we can start seeing other types of champions top lane.

Old July 28th, 2016 (3:15 AM).
        The Phenomenal Darling

Wait, so is the past nerfs to the cancer tanks in Ekko, Poppy, and Maokai, then nerfs to Grasp, then Trinity Force change and the prevalence of Irelia and Jax not enough for top lane? Fiora's coming back nicely, then Olaf is coming around as well as the "Fiora counter", Trinity top laners being a problem? There's Shen who can completely crap the poopers of Irelia and Jax in the laning phases. Ranged Supports are more picked than Tank melee supports, and tanks are once again back in the jungle.

I dunno what's with some of you people but oh well.

and yeah, restricting a champion to only work on what Riot has designed is kinda dumb. I wanted to have Jungle Fiora during the Fiora rework because Old Fiora could totally jungle and still scale nicely. RIP. oh wait..

Oh and I'm totally paid by Riot to not talk sh*t about them lately because i want some of that Riot moneyzzz so yeah you can all talk trash to Riot and League all ya want but as much as I want to.. I can't now because I'm being payed by Riot to promote league even though I should be promoting Quake Champions instead (because that's the game I'll be playing the f**k out of when it's done)..

oh wait, totally not true story. I ain't no Tmartn. I wish i was still paid 20k USD Skirllaz a month by Riot though, that would be fine and dandy.
          Old July 28th, 2016 (4:02 AM).

Irelia, Jax, Fiora, Olaf, etc. all build 2 items and then go straight tank. Shen, Malphite, Maokai go straight tank. Etc. Currently Hecarim has 80% pick/ban rate with 55% winrate in Plat+ elo, he builds 1 damage item into straight tank and can still burst a carry harder than an assassin.

Seriously tanks aren't fun to play against. You shouldn't be able to be outdamaged by somebody building straight tank even when you spend 3+ of your item slots dedicated to countering tanks. 50% bonus armor pen and LW on Yasuo? Nope tanks can still outdamage you even though they built straight health and resistances and 0 damage. It's retarded. Don't even get me started on how an ADC, a role that should counter tanks thanks to their huge sustained damage, gets destroyed by tanks right now.

The fact that most tank items are a 1k+ gold cheaper than damage items doesn't help at all.

You know what the best Yasuo build is at the moment? It's literally building straight tank. Even a Challenger Yasuo one trick does it.
            Old July 28th, 2016 (4:31 AM).

I'm still seeing Darius and Garen in the top lane half the time. The other quarter of the time is someone stupid going Yasuo/Vayne (they lose every single time), and the rest might be a Fiora or Ekko. LoL is in this weird state at the moment where everything you are supposed to build is outshined by weird items that you would never think work best for your champion (e.g. flat pen on ADCs who should be building %pen for late game, squishy assassins/mages going full tank and still wrecking stuff because of their high bases, etc.). The only roles that this doesn't seem to apply to are traditional AP/AD mids and supports.

Old July 28th, 2016 (6:05 AM).
            The Phenomenal Darling

and I still remember how Tank Akali worked out nicely if you actually had the laning phase. And i find it funny that Full AD Jarvans have become somewhat mainstream because APEX Ray played it on the LCS and won or hard carried games with him. Eat your heart out Zed.

Tyler1 (yes) and many others were right about one thing. They nerf swifties but buff the likes of Ninja Tabi into ridiculous levels, making tanks deal more damage than anything while investing in primary stats that enable them to do their jobs. They ban Tyler1 for being what he is but make tanks so busted for everyone else that isn't in the LCS.

Jesus. Somehow I'm wishing that they buff Armor Pen reds from how it was originally back in the good ole days when Armor Pen reds had 1.33 APEN per piece (which was more compared to its current state of 1.28 per piece) and APEN quints gave 3.33 APEN per piece (which was more compared to its current 2.56) or actually buff the Pen values in the current ferocity tree because 7% Total armor pen for how deep that is in the three is nothing compared to how it was back in Season 3, where you could have +10% Armor pen by investing 9 points in the offensive tree.

On the other hand, it seems that some players have found a place for GP.. Yeah trinity force may sound like a suckish item on GP right now but its still a huge power spike item. Non-critplanks are the GP builds that people are running, using Trinity with its huge stats and Yoummus for the damage, then building Steraks for that Health+Damage and the necessary resists. Tankyplank.

Remember kiddies. We can all thank those lovely keystone masteries for helping every character deal more damage.
              Old August 8th, 2016 (11:16 PM).

I feel a bit bad for Tyler1 honestly. From what I've heard about him, he was really toxic but before he was banned he was apparently genuinely trying to play the game properly, but his fame had surpassed him and his teammates trolled him just because he was "the Tyler1". And yeah, tanky damage dealers are the worst kind of enemies to deal with.

I think matchmaking has become a little buggy lately. I'm in bronze elo (I don't play Ranked, but if I did, I wouldn't say I'm much better than low silver), but I keep getting random matches with gold players, all the way from low to high gold. It's frustrating because the games become really one sided (I was in a team with a bronze 4 Fizz against a gold 2 Zed; guess who won? [sarcasm]).

Old August 12th, 2016 (5:56 PM).
              Banned

Nature: Bashful
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Firebolt123 View Post
                I feel a bit bad for Tyler1 honestly. From what I've heard about him, he was really toxic but before he was banned he was apparently genuinely trying to play the game properly, but his fame had surpassed him and his teammates trolled him just because he was "the Tyler1". ).
                They can ban Tyler1 because his fame and infamy has become something of an infamous legend in the league community, and his influence is genuine, but they Graves can't have his cigar on his splashart.

God damnit Riot. They try too hard too keep this game PG.

On other news, latest patch is a small patch because many of the big changes coming soon are reserved for a bigger patch soon, and boy oh boy the League sub reddits are all salty as feck.
                Old August 13th, 2016 (5:42 PM).

They try too hard to balance the game too. They either miss the mark or make champions reach the brink of unviable.

Goddammit another Ahri skin is going to be released soon. The changing colour scheme of her tails is a pretty sweet feature though.

Old August 14th, 2016 (3:20 AM).
                likes nissans

Nature: Relaxed
                Quote:
                They try too hard to balance the game too. They either miss the mark or make champions reach the brink of unviable.

Goddammit another Ahri skin is going to be released soon. The changing colour scheme of her tails is a pretty sweet feature though.
                All the really crappy balancing I've seen so far has been around the overloaded, high skillcap champions (cough kalista azir cough). Sadly, to me they have so much in their kits that there's a hard time finding what exactly the problem is, so they end up killing them off thinking they'd be in line or something. Wondering what they'll do to Yasuo, since they're thinking of targeting his tanky build.

As for the new skins...as an Ezreal main, I really want Arcade Ezreal. Like right now. Gonna search for my wallet, brb.
                Old August 14th, 2016 (4:43 PM).

Honestly I have just stopped playing Yasuo. Damage build, bruiser build, full tank build. No matter what I just don't feel like I have an impact on the game, compared to just picking Veigar or Annie and having way more impact for way less effort.

Idk why Yasuo is even getting nerfed. Can't Riot just see that TF is busted right now? Hecarim, Irelia, Yasuo, Fizz, Ekko. All of them build Triforce into tank and are the strongest champions in the game right now (or at least supposedly, tank Yas and Fizz are seriously overrated). There is also GP but at least he gets damage items after TF so you can punish him somewhat.
                  Old August 14th, 2016 (7:10 PM).
                  Banned

WHy Yasuo is getting nrefed for the nth time? because Riot themselves are a bunch of punk ass scrubs who are bad at their own game but can't get flamed because obviously they are Rioters. I just had a friend in NA who got qued with a Rioter in-game and while they could have won, their Rioter was caught out of position (Top lane cass don't ask) in a very crucial teamfight and basically lost straight up.

GJ Riot. Way to go. That's one way of fcukin encouraging more people to switch to Dotes because at least Icefrog isn't some SJW Piece of dunkey d**k.
                    Old August 14th, 2016 (10:55 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Imperishable View Post
                    All the really crappy balancing I've seen so far has been around the overloaded, high skillcap champions (cough kalista azir cough). Sadly, to me they have so much in their kits that there's a hard time finding what exactly the problem is, so they end up killing them off thinking they'd be in line or something. Wondering what they'll do to Yasuo, since they're thinking of targeting his tanky build.

As for the new skins...as an Ezreal main, I really want Arcade Ezreal. Like right now. Gonna search for my wallet, brb.
                    Funnily enough, I think they should actually disable tank items for assassins. Imagine if champions who aren't supposed to build certain items can't build them. It'd certainly make balancing, both champions and items, a lot easier.

Old August 15th, 2016 (3:33 AM).

Quote:
                      Funnily enough, I think they should actually disable tank items for assassins. Imagine if champions who aren't supposed to build certain items can't build them. It'd certainly make balancing, both champions and items, a lot easier.
                      The reasons assassins build tanky in the first place is because there is no reason to build raw damage items and be squishy when you could just buy tank items that give you damage. Iceborn, Sunfire, Sterak, Deadmans, Titanic, Frozen Maltte, etc. Tank items are both an entire 1k gold cheaper than damage items, and also more gold efficient most of the time.

Fizz and Ekko just abuse this to the max with % health damage, and Ekko with his ultimate too. And even tanks who have % damage are obnoxious AF. And it's not even a assassin only issue. Even if you prevented assassins from building tank, you will still have stuff like Irelia, Hecarim, Illaoi, etc.

I don't really understand what the point of making so many "Juggernaut" items were. Did Riot really not think letting people have damage despite being really tanky was a bad idea?
                      Old August 15th, 2016 (4:44 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Quilva View Post
                      The reasons assassins build tanky in the first place is because there is no reason to build raw damage items and be squishy when you could just buy tank items that give you damage. Iceborn, Sunfire, Sterak, Deadmans, Titanic, Frozen Maltte, etc. Tank items are both an entire 1k gold cheaper than damage items, and also more gold efficient most of the time.

Fizz and Ekko just abuse this to the max with % health damage, and Ekko with his ultimate too. And even tanks who have % damage are obnoxious AF. And it's not even a assassin only issue. Even if you prevented assassins from building tank, you will still have stuff like Irelia, Hecarim, Illaoi, etc.

I don't really understand what the point of making so many "Juggernaut" items were. Did Riot really not think letting people have damage despite being really tanky was a bad idea?
                      Unfortunately, you make a completely valid point. At least a traditional assassin or mage can be focused even when ahead, but how in the seven worlds are you going to stop a Darius who can tear through every AND become extremely tanky (before you even consider his heal).

I can't wait until the Assassin and Diver updates roll out. I'm hoping that changes to these champions, as well as their respective items, will balance things out a bit more and hopefully mean that every role is able to do ONLY what their role requires of them.

Old August 15th, 2016 (5:14 AM).
                      アンタークチサイ

Nature: Calm
                      I'm just contented right now that my friends can no longer poke fun at me for having a Level 5 mastery on Sona. ;3
                      Old August 15th, 2016 (5:55 AM).
                      Banned

Limiting item choices because of castyped roles (like disabing tank items on assassins) is a little too silly for me. Its one of the reasons why i left Smite when i realized that you can't build AD items on Fraya when they did something like that in order to prevent troll item building.

That's too much to ask for.
                        Old August 17th, 2016 (1:14 PM).

Meh I'm pretty much done with League. Games nowdays feel like they are decided by who has that 1 ******* idiot on your team that feds, refuses to group and constantly fights 1v5, and not by which team genuinely plays better. Then there is tank itemization, RNG dragons, constantly being matched against 3+ premades as a solo, etc, that pretty much completely pisses me off.

Time to find a new game to play for me.
                          Old August 18th, 2016 (9:42 PM).
                          The Phenomenal Darling

Triggered.

I love how League pretty much just brings negativity in any hub like your typical day on the /r league of legends subreddit.

Then i got probably the best thing i could ask for and just dickslapped several kids and scrubs in every game i got on, especially with some of that good ole' Mordekaiser action.

Ask PPC (Peepi Coming S.) about it. He was on the receiving end of a little Mordekaiser top action and was totally pissed throughout the game because of it. >: D
                            Old August 18th, 2016 (9:45 PM).
                            Banned

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Xin View Post
                              Triggered. .

Ask PPC (Peepi Coming S.) about it. He was on the receiving end of a little Mordekaiser top action and was totally pissed throughout the game because of it. >: D
                              They should make a rule that you can't directly address other members in a way that you do that fella. Come on.. I didn't think Mordekaiser was that strong till I realized you fckin Maxed W first.

Then again, reading on PBE notes and developer comments is making me nauseous that i would rather listen to Xin flaming me for the next 20 hours than read through all the BS crap that Riot says whenever they make changes and reworks.

NO FUN ALLOWED!
                              Old August 18th, 2016 (10:11 PM).
                              The Phenomenal Darling

@PPC

Try out the Morde top for once in your short lifespan and you'll probably feel more achieved than what you do with your usual Mallet-PD Yasuo top games. Oh and please blame your jungler A LOT LESS too. You'll get more LP doing that.

Quick Reply