• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
I'm trying to import tiles from RBY into Fire Red and A-Map. When I manage to get them in, they look like they're made of two colours instead of four. I tried to change the palette in Palette Editor and it didn't work. Then when I go onto the main map and look at the tiles, random tiles are in random colours instead of all of them being the correct colour.

2dl1afm.png

dn0njm.png

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'm trying to import tiles from RBY into Fire Red and A-Map. When I manage to get them in, they look like they're made of two colours instead of four.
I'm not certain but they're likely of two colours.
2nd gen games use the GBC palette system (four colours), Game Boy Color support doesn't exist for 1st gen games.

If you've played them "with colours", that's because they've SGB support which makes them look like they would have colours but they don't.

kringlur

Years
I'm not certain but they're likely of two colours.
2nd gen games use the GBC palette system (four colours), Game Boy Color support doesn't exist for 1st gen games.

If you've played them "with colours", that's because they've SGB support which makes them look like they would have colours but they don't.

I don't mean that they should be red, yellow, etc. I mean the amount of colours in the non-coloured tiles don't match. Here's what the ripped tiles look like originally, as you can see there should be more shades of grey than there are in A-map. There should be four colours (generation two games have more than four colours, you remembered it backwards):

29gg6mb.png

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I don't mean that they should be red, yellow, etc. I mean the amount of colours in the non-coloured tiles don't match. Here's what the ripped tiles look like originally, as you can see there should be more shades of grey than there are in A-map:

29gg6mb.png

Find the RGB numbers of the colours that are in the tiles you want to insert because you then need to change the pallet in A-Map to reflect those colours. Try inserting the tiles again with those colours and they should come out perfectly.

kringlur

Years
Find the RGB numbers of the colours that are in the tiles you want to insert because you then need to change the pallet in A-Map to reflect those colours. Try inserting the tiles again with those colours and they should come out perfectly.

I messed up somewhere, because now it looks like this:

2e6bitg.png

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I messed up somewhere, because now it looks like this:

2e6bitg.png

When tiles have the last colour in the palette (that green) as oppossed to another colour in the palette, it indicates that the tiles you are trying to insert have colours that are not in that palette. Have you written the palette changes to the ROM, saved the tileset again and then attempted to put the tiles in?

Just in case: Basic tile inserting tutorial.

kringlur

Years
When tiles have the last colour in the palette (that green) as oppossed to another colour in the palette, it indicates that the tiles you are trying to insert have colours that are not in that palette. Have you written the palette changes to the ROM, saved the tileset again and then attempted to put the tiles in?

Just in case: Basic tile inserting tutorial.
I've tried four tutorials now and apparently I'm retarded, because I still can't figure it out. How do I properly replace the colours in a palette, instead of changing the colours in my new tiles to the existing palette colours? Earlier I replaced random colours with the colours I needed it to have, and that resulted in the green image above. Replacing in Paint some of the remaining colours that I didn't need from the old tiles (like blue) to a colour in my new tiles didn't seem to work either. I tried using A-Palette to create a new palette and that made everything look worse than any of my other attempts.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I assume so, I don't know the name of it, I just know that I want these tiles to be coloured properly. Also nice avatar.

Well, colour the tiles to fit the original pallette, then just redo the pallette to that the tiles look best in. It's not really "advanced" tile inserting, as in theory, inserting one tile successfully can lead to inserting them all successfully. Thats often the most reliable way.

Basically, recolour your tiles to fit into the pallette the tileset is in, then remake the pallette of the tiles afterwards to make them look good with Advance Maps Pallette Editor.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
oh and if you redoing tileset ones tiles make sure they are in pallete 0-6 or they glitch up lol

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
oh and if you redoing tileset ones tiles make sure they are in pallete 0-6 or they glitch up lol

Correction, they don't "glitch up", they change due to pallettes 7-12 being part of the ever changing Secondary Tileset. Great if you are making Gyms appear different in other areas if the pallette only has one colour change, though, in theory (like in HG/SS)

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
how do i edit the moves/attack's description?

also anyone knowledgeable in asm could tell me what's wrong with this thing i wrote
Code:
.text
.align 2
.thumb
.thumb_func
.global DetectDead

main:
	push {r0-r2, lr}
	ldr r1, .PKMN_HP
	cmp r1, #0x0
	beq death
	add r2, #0x7

death:
	add r2, #0x1
	ldr r0, .VAR
	str r2, [r0]
	pop {r0-r2, pc}

.align 2
.PKMN_HP:
	.word 0x02024284 + 0x56
.VAR:
	.word 0x020370D0

im trying to compare the current hp of the 1st pokemon in the party to 0
and should return 1 if it is 0 and a non 1 number if not but it doesn't seem to work. i've also used the offset+1 on the script that calls it

kringlur

Years
Thanks for last time, I managed to write a tutorial.

Anyway, I don't know if I should post here or in the Script Help thread, or what. If I get booted out of here then I'll post there.

I wanted to write a program for pokemon yellow. Here's a thread that explains how to change it so that you can get another pokemon than Pikachu, but Pikachu's sprite still follows you and has its emotions if your starter pokemon is in your party (this is what I want the program to do).

When I looked at the thread for making a program in Visual Basic six, it made sense except for that I don't know how to tell it the offset that it needs to start at for picking through the Pokemon list, and how to tell it exactly where to change the bytes (because it needs to change them in a few places).

Also, in Yellow version the Pokemon aren't listed in the same order as in the newer games, so should I just make sure the names in the list correspond to how it goes in the yellow rom?

ex. spot zero in yellow is Missingno, so:
00 Missingno
01 Rydon
02 Kangaskahn
03 Nidoran M

Or do I have to assign them something to make sure it does it correctly? Can I make an alphabetical list but still make sure it changes them correctly if they're out-of-order like this in the rom?

kringlur

Years
Spoiler:

Why did the doors turn into waves? Why are there random waves in the middle of town, and how come I'm not visible when I walk over them (because all the waves should be set so that happens)? The warps and event scripts still work just fine. Also why does my movement positions thing always seem upside-down?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Spoiler:

Why did the doors turn into waves? Why are there random waves in the middle of town, and how come I'm not visible when I walk over them (because all the waves should be set so that happens)? The warps and event scripts still work just fine. Also why does my movement positions thing always seem upside-down?

Did you replace the wave tiles in Block Editor with new tiles? If so, explains why the animation stayed on those certain tiles.

kringlur

Years
Did you replace the wave tiles in Block Editor with new tiles? If so, explains why the animation stayed on those certain tiles.

I replace them, yeah, but I made sure it didn't have anything in the behaviour bytes and stuff, unless I've been putting the wrong ones.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Nevermind, problem fixed! It turns out background byte 00 20 isn't "block is covered by hero", it's "show this other block on top of hero instead". I changed it to 00 00 and everything works fine now. Same with 00 22 "Wild Pokemon (Water)", and with the grass tiles i just had something that wasn't blank on the "top" section of the tile.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I was wondering if anyone knows how to properly play a ROM hack using the NO$GBA emulator. I ask this because NO$GBA allows me to play Pokemon Fire Red at the same speed I get from Pokemon Ruby using any other emulator. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back