• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet "slang"

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What is internet slang you use? What is internet slang you hate?

I, for one, HATE "MOOD, BIG MOOD, GIANT MOOD" it pisses me off, but I use lol, lmfao, omg and all that stuff, too. Sometimes, I also use ripperoni.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
lol I've never seen that mood thing before, but I sparingly use twitch stuff (pog, monkas), if that even counts as slang.

I can't stand oof.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I use LOL, OMG and stuff, of course. IKR is one I'm particularly fond of. I use "I can't even" (is that internet slang, or just millennial slang?). I like "yeet", but I don't get to use it very much. How often do you really have the opportunity to yeet things in your daily life?

I really hate the term "cringey" and variations, because it just seems to mainly be used as a way to shame people for saying/doing something you don't like without giving any objective criticism. (If I use it, it's to describe myself and/or other people who "reclaim" the term for themselves, with the tone of "I don't care if I'm 'cringey'".)

Also,
Nobody:
Me:
The "nobody:" meme is a double negative, it should be "everybody:" instead, because if it's "nobody: *silence*" then that would mean nobody was being quiet

Last edited:

Bay

Years
I tend to use lol and omg the most, oof on occasion. I tend to use "mood" and "big mood" often too.

As for internet slang I hate, "canceled." I understand people not wanting to be associated with someone that did something wrong, but often I see it used towards someone that didn't really do anything wrong.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Besides the classic abbreviations like LOL, LMFAO, PICNIC and the like, I tend to use things like bork, grok, sudo verb this, leet, noob, vidya and the like. Also, baby-speak endearing terms like snek, smol etc. And "foo energy".

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Almost none, but I say oof sometimes in real life. Usually when I don't have a real response.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I forgot to mention it, but I actually love...I don't know the name for this way of speaking, but doggo, bork, "you did me a (noun)", snek, etc. Particularly "snek" - my mom and I pretty much say it at least once every time we talk about snakes. :,D

Oh! Also "boop". I didn't know this word until a while ago, and I was pleased to find out that I'm not the only one who gets the urge to do that to cute animals.
🙂👈

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Doggo has become so commonplace in my family, that my mum and I called a dog on the train a "cute doggo" out loud. Other than that, a lot of twitch slang, "yikes" "yeet" "oof" "esketit" and the like are quite common for me to come out with. Pewdiepie recently made me start calling things "dummy dums" when they don't go the way I want them to. And as far as my cat is concerned, his name may as well be every known expletive under the sun because I rarely call him by his actual name.

Back