• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I only mentioned it... There is no tournament (yet). You still have several months to get D/P :P
So no, there's no planned release date. However, the first version should be available either near the end of this year, or in the first quarter of next year, depending on how much work I get done on it next week. I will announce an exact date once I go into beta testing.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
Years
I wouldn't mind helping :D I could think up a few ideas, like moves, items, pokemon and things like that. From what I've seen it's coming along really nicely, well done!

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
I only mentioned it... There is no tournament (yet). You still have several months to get D/P :P
So no, there's no planned release date. However, the first version should be available either near the end of this year, or in the first quarter of next year, depending on how much work I get done on it next week. I will announce an exact date once I go into beta testing.

Take as much time as you need. We all want this game to be perfect.

Poké!

And as the world ends...
Years
This is my personal favorite in ALL the games in the games showcase, I hope it comes out soon and is the best it can be when it does. well oh well its worth the wait and what a great Idea Wichu! :p

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
Years
WOW

I usually don't like games with Fake Pokemon but the Fake Pokemon on this look really good, as if they were real Pokemon. (That's probably why I don't really like Fake Pokemon, because they don't look like they could be real.) Will you be able to revisit Jhoto and/or Kanto since this game starts at route 47?

Looks like it will be a really good game, hope it gets finished.

I have a MIDI music sequence I made if you are still looking for some music.

What kind of Tournament will it be? Will you be able to use any Pokemon or Normal Real Life Tournament rules (no ubers).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I wouldn't mind helping :D I could think up a few ideas, like moves, items, pokemon and things like that. From what I've seen it's coming along really nicely, well done!
If you want to help, feel free to PM me examples of your work (in the case of Pokémon). Otherwise, just post in the thread (or PM me anyway)!

Well if you're still open to ideas on Ignicub's name how about Barbucub (I usely pronounce it Barb-You-Cub.
I've basically decided on Ignicub as the final name.

The game might be done this year? I can't wait!
It probably won't actually, since I still have quite a lot of work left to do. However, I will try and get out a demo early next year.

Will you be able to revisit Jhoto and/or Kanto since this game starts at route 47?
Originally, I had planned to include all the regions. Don't hate me for this, but I'm not going to anymore. Why? There are already several games with all regions (Infinite Rainbow, HoF etc). Also, it would take me forever to map and event each region. I haven't changed the route names yet; however, if people don't like the current method, I'll change it.

I have a MIDI music sequence I made if you are still looking for some music.
Could you PM it to me? And is this an offer to be a musician? :O

What kind of Tournament will it be? Will you be able to use any Pokemon or Normal Real Life Tournament rules (no ubers).
I never said it will be a tournament... I just said you need D/P/Pt and a Wi-fi connection. I haven't decided on the rules yet.

Anyway, about the next update. I have two things I could update on; which would you like to see? The choices are: the new OWs I've been working on, or a new interface for the battle system. Which should it be?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Well it depends D: I want more than one screenshot! lol. If I had to choose, I'd probably say battle interface, though I am curious about what you have done with Over Worlds...

Anyway, hurry up and update :D Can't wait to see it ^^;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'll hold the competition (not necessarily a tournament) over Christmas, then once I finish the demo, the winners will get it early.

And I still need to do a bit more work on the battle interface, if that's what you want to see. I've nearly finished it, though, so I'll show it soon.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I'll hold the competition (not necessarily a tournament) over Christmas, then once I finish the demo, the winners will get it early.

And I still need to do a bit more work on the battle interface, if that's what you want to see. I've nearly finished it, though, so I'll show it soon.

<< Competition being a Diamond and Pearl Competition over Wi-Fi? @o@ Sorry if I was totally wrong, I just skimmed over it and saw something about a D/P Competition or something x D

Can't wait for the update :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yes, it will involve D/P and Wi-fi. How it's organised will depend on how many people are interested.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Awesome! I'm definitely interested. My friend has Wi-Fi and I've got Pokemon Diamond, so I guess that'll work out well lol.

I'm sure my friend, Saiyu, would participate as well, so there's 2 people who are interested. In any case, I'll stop dragging on this post = =

Oh, by the way, do you plan on implementing Contests in Amethyst? :o

Years
the game sounds really cool
i wish i could help but i dont know how to do any of this type of stuff
(maybe evenully i'll learn how)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
I'd like to see the new over worlds myself...

I"m also interested in the Wi-Fi competetion.

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
Years
Hi Wichu
I'm new to Pokecommunity. In fact, I only registered to post this. You may or may not know me as Legacy Raider from Smogon, but anyway.

I would love to help you render some of the DP sprites in the Advance style. If there are any ones that you want to be done particularly then just let me know, otherwise once you've replied to this post I'll get started on my favourites and update you here.

Thanks, LR.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Oh, by the way, do you plan on implementing Contests in Amethyst? :o
Yes, there will be contests. Probably in R/S/E style, because I think the D/P ones dragged on a bit. I may include the appearance and dancing rounds, but the performance round will be in R/S/E style.
I can help with spriting and new pokemon, if you want.
You could PM me some examples of your work, so I can decide whether to accept you...
I'd like to see the new over worlds myself...
I"m also interested in the Wi-Fi competetion.
Well, at the moment, two people want the battle interface, while just one (you) wants overworlds, so I'm probably going to show the battle system first...
Hi Wichu
I'm new to Pokecommunity. In fact, I only registered to post this. You may or may not know me as Legacy Raider from Smogon, but anyway.
I would love to help you render some of the DP sprites in the Advance style. If there are any ones that you want to be done particularly then just let me know, otherwise once you've replied to this post I'll get started on my favourites and update you here.
Thanks, LR.
I can't seem to find any examples of your work, so would you mind PMing me some?
Also, I should make a list of finished ones. Off the top of my head (or the ones I've done myself and a few others):
Shinx, Luxio, Ambipom, Chatot, Snover, Abomasnow, Garchomp

Anyway, as for the update, here we go!

I've finished the battle interface; it's done in a pseudo-D/P/Pt style. Since I only have one screen to work with, the buttons fade when not selected. There's probably a few things I still need to tweak; for example, I'll probably lower the opacity of the Poké Ball icons.
It uses similar controls to D/P/Pt, obviously minus touch screen functions. I slightly changed it to be a bit easier to use; while Fight is selected, to go to Item or Pokémon, you can just press left or right instead of having to press down first.
Screenshots:
Screenshot166.png
Screenshot167.png

The command menu, with Fight and Item selected. I've already KOed one of the opponent's Pokémon.
Screenshot168.png
Screenshot169.png

The Fight menu. The moves rearrange themselves as you learn more; a single move will be in the middle, while all 4 will look more like D/P/Pt.
Also, I've changed the box at the bottom to show information on the move. Power and Acc. are self-explanatory; I need to fix the bug where Charge has 0 in both, when it should have ---. The line above is the description of the move you can see in the summary. It scrolls along while the move is selected so you can read all of it. When you switch moves, it resets back to the start of the description.

So, what do you think? Anything I could improve on that I haven't covered already?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back