• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Chaos Mind

Should I use HGSS or FRLG Graphics?

• HGSS

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • FRLG

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
pokemonchaosmindbanner.png

Intro
Pokémon Chaos Mind started 4 months ago. It has been developing more rapidly then usally these days. The plot of this game will be different and unique, just how I like it. This is using Essentials 10. The graphics will be FRLG because most graphics on Essentials are FRLG. I am very proud to present this to PC, as it is the first RMXP pokemon project that I successfully made without errors.

Objective:
Spoiler:

Main Plot: Main Plot: You are 13 years old. As the son\daughter of the champion, you were really lucky. You embark on a quest to find out the mystery of team Chaos Mind, what they desire to do, and why.

Team Chaos Mind is a evil organization with a unknown purpose. They lurk every where causing chaos, saying its for the good of our kind. They say to have only one weakness, the Chaos Necklace. They desire the necklaces because they are their life-force. They currently wield the Chaos Necklace, but they struggle to keep hold of it because of the life force of the Pokemon dragging it away.

Your dad explains to you about the how the world started and how Pokémon saved all mankind from Team Chaos Mind long ago. Your dad tells you to find out more about team Chaos Mind, and he sends you to his PKMN Champion Study Lab to get a Pokémon, although your mother Minerva highly disagrees. She thinks its best that you stay home and learn life skills. You go anyway, determined to get your starter Pokémon and begin your journey.

Along the journey, you discover many Gym Leaders and many many secrets. There are many challenges ahead of you, and many accomplishments to beat. You are a proud trainer, and seek good out of the evil. You see the Chaos Mind as a destructive obstacle to your destiny, and you do what you can to stop it from ruining your fate.TO be continued.

Story of long ago:
Spoiler:

Experience:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Features
All new region
All new plot
New organization\team
new unexpected rival
BW Load Screen
Some events from amima

Progress
Spoiler:

Media

Final New Screens
Spoiler:

New Screens
Spoiler:

Old Screens
Spoiler:

Release
Download Alpha 0.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?hamn1mo94s560ar

Credits
Spoiler:

Thank ya all

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Congrats on starting another game dude! But there are a few things you could fix IF YOU WANT:
-Add a better stroryline : The one you have currently is not really attractive(without any offence). Spice things up and add more plot to the storyline. Show that Team Chaos have a VERY evil plan and that the hero must jump in to stop it and not because his dad ordered him to.
-On the last screenshots : I think you should use thinner ledges.
-Upgrade your graphics : Just like Rayquaza once told me, people like more up-to-date graphics like HGSS-DPPt-BW-B2W2. (This is just an opinion, it looks good with FR/LG graphics too).
After that the game looks good, if you ever need a storyliner i'm available to help you whenever you want!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Congrats on starting another game dude! But there are a few things you could fix IF YOU WANT:
-Add a better stroryline : The one you have currently is not really attractive(without any offence). Spice things up and add more plot to the storyline. Show that Team Chaos have a VERY evil plan and that the hero must jump in to stop it and not because his dad ordered him to.
-On the last screenshots : I think you should use thinner ledges.
-Upgrade your graphics : Just like Rayquaza once told me, people like more up-to-date graphics like HGSS-DPPt-BW-B2W2. (This is just an opinion, it looks good with FR/LG graphics too).
After that the game looks good, if you ever need a storyliner i'm available to help you whenever you want!
Ill add storyline as I progress. Thanx! Ill also update the tiles by using crazy ninja guys HGSS ones. I might need a storyliner.

Good luck on your game, it could really be something good if you work hard on it
Thanx!

Update: I am looking mappers to update my maps into HGSS.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
You don't need mappers to update maps into HG/SS. You can do that yourself.
Yes, but I've mapped all the way up to Route 3 using FRLG, and I want a break. It also doesn't hurt to have a mapper.

Then don't hesitate to ask my help! That's why we're a community, to help each other.
I'll surely ask for help when I need it! :D

i love the idea of having mom as your rival
That might change... Thanks though!

Update: I now have HGSS chars/overworlds. Remapping is now started in HGSS style by Nintendork.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yes, but I've mapped all the way up to Route 3 using FRLG, and I want a break. It also doesn't hurt to have a mapper.

I'll surely ask for help when I need it! :D

That might change... Thanks though!

Update: I now have HGSS chars/overworlds. Remapping is now started in HGSS style by Nintendodork.

What did I say about the name? -w-

Also, I'm mapping a few of your maps, I said, I am busy with my own game.
Plus, seeing how they're done can give you idea on how to do it better.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay, thanks, I put you as part time mapper.
Update: I will probably not upgrade to HGSS style..... Due to no mappers. If you want to be a FULL time mapper, contact me..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I have some new screenies. Theres a new revealed character, Gary Oak.. This game follows some anima events to make it familiar.. This is when the player finds gary oak trying to catch a Kanghastan.... Eoic failure for him... Gary playes a important role in the game, when you get stronger, he battles you a couple times, and helps you out sometimes..

thisisitu.png

Credits to CrazyNinjaGuy for the char of Kanghastan in his kit..
Another funny screen
nouderstands.png

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Looks fine to me, but try to stay clear of using internet lingo within the game. Things such as "omg", "lol", "idk", etc. should really not be used, unless you're going for some type of comedic approach or that's just generally how you prefer it.

I just find that spelling it out fully looks more professional and polished.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay, I might get rid of OMG in the future... But I'm still using the expressions like :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I guess.. I'm now asking for
spriter
experienced mapper
and scripter.
I'll be putting a request on the recruitment threads.

Hello guys! I just made a wiki, and you access it through my signature. Please comment on it and tell me how I can improve.
Or here...http://pkmn-chaos-mind.wikia.com/wiki

Heres New Pyron City, please give me advice on what to fix.
newpyron.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Urge, no ones posting...

New story of long ago
Spoiler:

Heres a screen of HGSS styled deck city, forgive me for double posting.
thisisthelife.png

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I guess.. I'm now asking for
Heres New Pyron City, please give me advice on what to fix.
it's really empty and too square. It looks boring, if I were to visit it it would seem kind of uninteresting.
you need to make the borders less square like, and make it curve like, and flowing.

Urge, no ones posting...
there is no symmetry. while a town is different from a route, where one would be in the outdoors and wild, this one would have been planned out and made by real people; it seems like it was made randomly. You need to make it symmetrical and less cluttered and more interesting.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
it's really empty and too square. It looks boring, if I were to visit it it would seem kind of uninteresting.
you need to make the borders less square like, and make it curve like, and flowing.

there is no symmetry. while a town is different from a route, where one would be in the outdoors and wild, this one would have been planned out and made by real people; it seems like it was made randomly. You need to make it symmetrical and less cluttered and more interesting.

Hmmm, bout this?
thermake.png

New banner by Pikakitten. Put this in your sigs please!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hmmm, bout this?
thermake.png

New banner by Pikakitten. Put this in your sigs please!
I like what you've done; I would move the blue/white building back a few spaces to keep it away from the trees, and connect the bottom concrete path with the rest of it with the path in the middle and it should be fine, good job! 8/10

Back