• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Creator for Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
Hello,

I made a little program for my game and wanted to share it with you.

But first of all...

Merry Christmas!

--------------------

It is just an ealry alpha though :)

www11.pic-upload.de/24.12.14/3n5x6wploeho.png

Features:
-Faster Trainer Creation than the Essentials Editor
-Restricted Moves (You can only choose moves the pokemon can learn or its pre evolution)
-EV and IV distribution (You have to implement it into your project to make t work)
-Automaticly avoids duplicate trainer Ids. (Change it to the next avaible number on Saving)

Options:
In "\data\settings.txt" you can change several start-up options.
Spoiler:

Known Issues:
-Smeargle's moveset can not be chosen
(You can create the pokemon moves in the text file or in the editor. As long as you do not change
the moves in this program, the pokemon will keep its given moves.)

-Sometimes the trainer-list does not update properly. (display issue)
-Information for pokemon will not be cleared, if no pokemon is chosen.

How does the EV and IV distribution work?
At the end of each pokemon-string I have added information about the pokemons EV and IV.
The first six parameter are eKP,eAttack,eDefence,eInitiative,eSpecialAttack and eSpecialDefence.
The last six parameters are iKP,iAttack,iDefence,iInitiative,iSpecialAttack and iSpecialDefence.
If you use different IV-values, the main IV-parameter will be zero to indicate manual distribution.

Credits:
Program by Schnase
Textfiles by Pokémon Essentials v14 (Flameguru, Poccil (Peter O.), Maruno)

Additional information:
The tool is written in C#

If you try it out and have any suggestions, feel free to tell me.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Looking this over, this tool looks really useful for people who want to give a little more challenge to their trainers.
What I want to know is, where's the script changes so you can set IVs and EVs for the trainers Pokemon? On its own, the tool wont change much and those parameters won't do anything.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Does this work for Fakemon too? You should have a way to add a Pokemon .TXT file with all the pokemon in there. Then, this tool would be amazing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
For some reason it didn't seem to want to load my trainers list correctly. Some Trainers I had previously written in were completely ignored.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
If the author (or someone else) wants to upload this program again, they can let me know. In the meantime, we don't need any more complaints of the download file being broken, so I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back