• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haunted Forest deck build

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
So my deck revolves around stacking up damage counters then busting up the opposition with Aegislash and Chandelure,

Pokemon:

3 Aegislash
3 Doublade
3 Honedge
2 Chandelure
2 Lampent
2 Litwick
2 Pumpkaboo
2 Gourgeist
2 Sentret
2 Petilil
2 Lilligant
2 Heracross
2 Kricketot
2 Kricketune
2 Furfrou
2 Miltank
1 Meloetta EX

Energy:

8 Psychic energy
8 Grass Energy

Others:
1 Evo Soda
1 Pokeball
1 Prof. Sycamore
2 Pokemon center lady
2 Roller Skates
1 Ultra ball

Roles of the deck:

Most of the grass types are technical things while the ghosts and bugs are the big bruisers.

Last edited:
Years
So my deck revolves around stacking up damage counters then busting up the opposition with Aegislash and Chandelure,

Pokemon:

3 Aegislash
3 Doublade
3 Honedge
2 Chandelure
2 Lampent
2 Litwick
2 Pumpkaboo
2 Gourgeist
2 Sentret
2 Petilil
2 Lilligant
2 Heracross
2 Kricketot
2 Kricketune
2 Furfrou
2 Miltank
1 Meloetta EX

Energy:

8 Psychic energy
8 Grass Energy

Others:
1 Evo Soda
1 Pokeball
1 Prof. Sycamore
2 Pokemon center lady
2 Roller Skates
1 Ultra ball

Roles of the deck:

Most of the grass types are technical things while the ghosts and bugs are the big bruisers.

I've moved your deck to the appropriate subforum for this type of thing. I do apologize for not having the time this weekend to look at your other deck. I can tell you the other deck had too many energy. This one has a different problem, though: far too many Pokemon, making it arguably worse than the other deck. Over half the deck being Pokemon is just simply not going to work. You need more trainer cards. EvoSoda is a start.

Could you list the sets of each Pokemon you're using. I don't care about the sets for the Trainers and Energy as they're generally the same card no matter which set they're from.

With the Aegislash you mentioned you chose in another thread, the Noble Victories Chandelure is the better pair of the two you've mentioned. Chandelure EX may also pair well for its first attack. Also, use cards like Escape Rope and Switch and look for stuff that can cause free retreats to easily switch between the Noble Victories Chandelure, Chandelure EX, and Aegislash.

Also, while the thread is a bit old now, give this thread a look over, as a lot of the knowledge still can be applied today, which is part of why it is still a stickied thread in this section: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275378

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
I've moved your deck to the appropriate subforum for this type of thing. I do apologize for not having the time this weekend to look at your other deck. I can tell you the other deck had too many energy. This one has a different problem, though: far too many Pokemon, making it arguably worse than the other deck. Over half the deck being Pokemon is just simply not going to work. You need more trainer cards. EvoSoda is a start.

Could you list the sets of each Pokemon you're using. I don't care about the sets for the Trainers and Energy as they're generally the same card no matter which set they're from.

With the Aegislash you mentioned you chose in another thread, the Noble Victories Chandelure is the better pair of the two you've mentioned. Chandelure EX may also pair well for its first attack. Also, use cards like Escape Rope and Switch and look for stuff that can cause free retreats to easily switch between the Noble Victories Chandelure, Chandelure EX, and Aegislash.

Also, while the thread is a bit old now, give this thread a look over, as a lot of the knowledge still can be applied today, which is part of why it is still a stickied thread in this section: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275378

Gourgeist, Furfrou, and Litwick are from XY: Phantom forces

Chandelure and Lampent are from noble victories

Aegislash, Doublade, Honedge, Kricketot, Kricketune, and Lilligant are from XY Breakpoint

Pumpkaboo and Meloetta EX are from XY base set

Miltank, Sentret, and Furret are from XY flashfire

And Heracross is from diamond and pearl base set

Years
Lyseth said:
OKay so my brother looked over my deck and he said it's WAY too clustered with pokemon, so he suggested I bring it down a bit, here's the new deck list,

Pokémon:
3 Honedge (breakpoint XY)
3 doublade (breakpoint XY)
3 Aegislash (breakpoint XY)
2 Litwick (phatom forces XY)
2 Lampent (B/W noble victories)
2 Chandelure (B/W Noble victories)
2 Pumpkaboo (base set XY)
2 Gourgeist (phantom forces)
2 Meloetta EX (black/white 11)

supporters:
3 Pokémon center lady
3 Shauna
3 Cynthia's feelings
1 Professor Sycamore

items:
4 great ball
3 town map
2 acro bike
2 Evo soda

arena:
2 dimension valley

energy:
16 psychic energy

this deck list any better? (just look it over whenever you can.)

This decklist of yours is much improved simply by having fewer Pokemon. Are you looking to play Expanded or just casual play with no limits on the sets you use? Because I think you're Supporter/Stadium/Item count could be increased a tiny bit.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
This decklist of yours is much improved simply by having fewer Pokemon. Are you looking to play Expanded or just casual play with no limits on the sets you use? Because I think you're Supporter/Stadium/Item count could be increased a tiny bit.

Wouldn't I go over the limit then?

Also I changed out the 2 Meloetta with 2 Latias.

Back