• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Error with Trainer Battles

Years
Every time I try to battle my first trainer (first that I've made, so I'm not familiar with these errors) I get this error. As soon as the battle should start the error appears, no transition.

I can't find anything on it either

Spoiler:

Edit: This happens for all trainers (I made 2 more since I got this error to see if it was just the one battle, but it's multiple.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
That method exists in Essentials, you've somehow deleted it

I've tried downloading a blank copy of 17.1, and without changing the scripts at all I still get the same error. I copied everything else over there (The graphics, audio, the maps and the PBS files). So I don't know what the problem is.

I've not made many changes except a few maps. Should I just start from a blank slate with only the graphics and audio files?

Edit: I should say I don't know if this is a problem because I moved the files over incorrectly or something like that because I had no trainers in v16. I had them written out in the Trainers PBS file, but none set up as events yet. When I upgraded to v17.1 I started putting the trainers on the maps and that's when I got the error. But after I got this error I tried downloading another copy of v17.1 and changed my files over to that but I still got the error.

Last edited:
Years
So I finally got it to work, all I did was just get a clean copy of 17.1. Copied everything over 1 by 1 to figure out what was causing the problem.

I didn't figure out what exactly was causing the problem, but by not copying the files over (except the graphics, audio, and maps) and instead copying certain content within the PBS files I was able to get everything to work.

Back