• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Status Infliction

Favorite Status Infliction?

• Total voters

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like using (Toxic) poison to make opposing Pokemon suffer slow, painful "deaths." Paralysis comes in close to give my slow attackers a bit of an edge.

Years
It really depends on the situation.

If I'm battling a wild Pokemon or some in-game trainers, my choice would be sleep. Other than that, I would probably have to go with poisoning (still chose sleep in the poll, though).

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Attraction and Paralysis are my favorites. It's hilarious to get them paralyzed, then attracted, so two chances that they can't move. I love using that combination on both friends and in-game. I annoy many people with that because Attract is one of those moves that don't really get seen in competitive play.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, since paralysis is the one I hate getting nailed with the most, it's only natural that it would be my preferred ailment to use on others. The speed drop is actually the key, especially for some of my slower Pokemon. And unlike sleep, it doesn't wear off by itself in a few turns.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Poison and Paralysis are my favourites to use, as they're completely permanent (unless an antidode/Paralyz Heal are used, obviously). If I had to choose one, it'd be Poison. I use it less than Paralysis-inflicting moves, but it keeps sucking the life out of the opponent, which is very, very advantageous in the heat of battle! :D

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
Years
Paralysis combined with confusion is one of my favorite "troll" status infliction combos. So I voted for confusion.

rubin

czytała Krystyna Czubówna
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Paralysis is just so mean. Not to mention can be combo'ed with several other status aliments for extra annoyance (confusion, flinch, infatuation... the possibilities are endless)

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I'd use Burn because my starter is capable of it (It is a Typhlosion). Plus it takes damage and lowers Attack.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I enjoy Infatuating because I think the move Attract looks absolutely beautiful when used in battle x'3 Also it seems to work well for me, the opponent may not be able to move for quite a lengthy sum of time. Also in Mystery Dungeon attracting completely immobilizes the foe for a long time, so it's an absolute killer in that game.

Sirfetch’d

In generation1 freeze was really awesome except when it happened to you lol.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me it was a tie with Paralyz and Sleep.... I vote sleep, for me works a bit better - and the one I use the most, when it works the opponent might not move for 2-5 times, plenty of time for me to think of a winning strategy.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Poison, especially bad poison. It just works so well and puts you at an unbelievable advantage. Freeze was incredible in Generation I too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Burn. Same damage as normal poison with the addition of lowering attack, which I'd rather inflict by default than a gradually increasing drain which can be mitigated by switching, ie. bad poison. Other status effects are more chancey than the 75 accuracy of Will-O-Wisp.

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
Years
Paralysis was my favorite because it was easy to inflict and a turn skipped every so often was enough to last longer not just for a battle but enough to last throughout an entire part of a game. The sad part is that you couldn't use it in caves because rock pokemon are immune to it and caves are the maps that annoy me the most.

Back