• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
This looks very promising. Can't wait to have a crack at this. I was thinking that you could incorporate a partial nuzlocke to make things more challenging, whereby a pokemon on fainting cannot be immediately revived but needs to spend some time in "recuperation' before being used again.

Years
I can't stop looking at your screenshots. The maps are spot on. Love the kinda Nintendo style with your own things. Really, best looking hack out there. If only I could still hack..apart from mapping haha.
Amazing!
Thanks dude! I appreciate it!

God, that is so awesome! <3 How you keep with the original fr tiles and added some looks beautiful. I love the cave as well, I just can't wait for more screeny! ^^
Thanks!

This project looks very intriguing, interesting choice of starters too! Will definitely keep watching this one, good luck with this. :)
Thanks, the good luck is appreciated!

I have a question, did you pit gen 6 Pokémon in the game?
Technically, all 712 Pokémon are in the ROM, but only a handful from each generation will actually be obtainable. That does include some Generation 6 Pokémon, though, so don't worry.

all i can say that it's very cool!!
i'll wait for this to be released
Thanks! I'm working on it, hopefully a release will come soon (not that soon).

This looks very promising. Can't wait to have a crack at this. I was thinking that you could incorporate a partial nuzlocke to make things more challenging, whereby a pokemon on fainting cannot be immediately revived but needs to spend some time in "recuperation' before being used again.
Thank you! A nuzlocke mode would certainly be interesting, though for now I'm going to concern myself more with getting the regular hack finished first. In the future, though, it would be an interesting feature to implement and would definitely test my abilities. Thanks for the support!

In terms of hacking, Gaia hasn't seen much measurable progress recently, and most of what I have been doing is slightly adjusting and reorganisating some maps to make the region flow more cohesively and, in some cases, logically. This has led to Celanto Town (and some other maps, albeit to a lesser extent) being remade, and I think the result makes them look far better:

HI5OGTs.png
aDhkkrX.png
Sp9bDHs.png

I have also been expanding Phoena Tunnel, so this will delay progress a little bit as it means I won't be able to go on to work on Aerlic Valley and Aerlic City for a little longer. This is only a minor setback though, and it is a necessary "evil" as, prior to this, it simply made no sense, geographically. The way it is now also extends the game a little bit, and, in my opinion, makes the world seem more fleshed out, so it's definitely an improvement. I'm working hard, though, and new content will be on its way soon!

B7F8JnB.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
Have you completed the storyline? I hope there will be lots of side quests/sub plots. I love all that sort of thing. I have come up with an interesting idea for a side plot if you'd care to hear it?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Thanks dude! I appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thanks, the good luck is appreciated!

Technically, all 712 Pokémon are in the ROM, but only a handful from each generation will actually be obtainable. That does include some Generation 6 Pokémon, though, so don't worry.

Thanks! I'm working on it, hopefully a release will come soon (not that soon).

Thank you! A nuzlocke mode would certainly be interesting, though for now I'm going to concern myself more with getting the regular hack finished first. In the future, though, it would be an interesting feature to implement and would definitely test my abilities. Thanks for the support!

In terms of hacking, Gaia hasn't seen much measurable progress recently, and most of what I have been doing is slightly remapping an reorganisation to make the maps flow more cohesively and, in some cases, logically. This has led to Celanto Town (and some other maps, albeit to a less extent) being remapped, which I think makes it look far better:

HI5OGTs.png
aDhkkrX.png
Sp9bDHs.png

I have also been expanding Phoena Tunnel, so this will delay progress a little bit as it means I won't be able to go on to work on Aerlic Valley and Aerlic City for a little longer. This is only a minor setback though, and it is a necessary "evil" prior to this it simply made no sense, geographically. The way it is now also extends the game a little bit, and, in my opinion, makes the world seem more fleshed out, so it's definitely an improvement. I'm working hard, though, and new content will be on its way soon!

B7F8JnB.png

No worries, Ice. Like with all hacks, time and patience are needed for the full enjoyment of the creations and brain-children of wonderful people like you ^^

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I like the tablets and how they're displayed on the overworld. Relicanth and Tangrowth are interesting choices so far, really interested to see what other Pokémon may be on them and their relevance.

Years
Have you completed the storyline? I hope there will be lots of side quests/sub plots. I love all that sort of thing. I have come up with an interesting idea for a side plot if you'd care to hear it?
The story is somewhat "complete", in that I know in my head what the direction will be but nothing (past what I have scripted, at least) is set in stone or written down yet. I'm open to ideas, though, so feel free to share any concepts or ideas you have, particularly for side-plots (which, yes, there will be many of, hopefully)!

No worries, Ice. Like with all hacks, time and patience are needed for the full enjoyment of the creations and brain-children of wonderful people like you ^^
Haha, thanks!

where are the support banners? :)
You tell me!

I like the tablets and how they're displayed on the overworld. Relicanth and Tangrowth are interesting choices so far, really interested to see what other Pokémon may be on them and their relevance.
Thanks! The tablets and the Pokémon they depict do have relevance to the story, and it will all be made clear in-game.

I'm still working on minor things, like last time, but I do have a small demonstration of Rock Climb working (as well as of Bidoof, I suppose):

PmzhX9G.png
hoqUsPc.png
uxJL3DX.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
My idea for side/sub plot would go something like this...

You enter an area and find that in addition to the normal pokemon there are some that are in a 'bewitched' form. These bewitched pokemon are somewhat stronger than normal. A little further in you come across the dark warlock Sasser talking to one of his minions. You overhear their conversation... "It appears the bewitching spell has only affected some of the very weakest of pokemon, but it does appear to have made them stronger, this is good for soon the strong will displace the weak. When I have devised a spell which affects even the strongest of pokemon then it will spread and all pokemon will become bewitched. Then I will have absolute power for the bewitched will obey only those who posses a dark gem, and only my minions and I shall posses this item. Fufufufu. Now i shall return to my castle to work on an improved spell. As he departs his minion spots that you have been eavesdropping and challenges you to a battle. When you beat him he drops his dark gem in panic, which gives you control over the bewitched pokemon as well as making you an enemy of the dark warlock. You must therefore prevent Sasser from completing his diabolical plan.

Thought this could be quite neat as is gives you license to tinker with some of the crappiest pokemon to make them more interesting and possibly usable in gameplay. I had in mind for example a parasect in bewitched form would be a nasty stall pokemon with a new ability parasitic drain (an inherent leach seed), high defence stats, and can only leaner moves like mean look, thunder wave, confuse ray, double team, to debilitate you while your health is sapped. I apologise to all in advance if this ever comes into fruition.

Anyway I'll leave this with you.

Years
Maybe I'm going to make an support banner :)
Be my guest!

My idea for side/sub plot would go something like this...

You enter an area and find that in addition to the normal pokemon there are some that are in a 'bewitched' form. These bewitched pokemon are somewhat stronger than normal. A little further in you come across the dark warlock Sasser talking to one of his minions. You overhear their conversation... "It appears the bewitching spell has only affected some of the very weakest of pokemon, but it does appear to have made them stronger, this is good for soon the strong will displace the weak. When I have devised a spell which affects even the strongest of pokemon then it will spread and all pokemon will become bewitched. Then I will have absolute power for the bewitched will obey only those who posses a dark gem, and only my minions and I shall posses this item. Fufufufu. Now i shall return to my castle to work on an improved spell. As he departs his minion spots that you have been eavesdropping and challenges you to a battle. When you beat him he drops his dark gem in panic, which gives you control over the bewitched pokemon as well as making you an enemy of the dark warlock. You must therefore prevent Sasser from completing his diabolical plan.

Thought this could be quite neat as is gives you license to tinker with some of the crappiest pokemon to make them more interesting and possibly usable in gameplay. I had in mind for example a parasect in bewitched form would be a nasty stall pokemon with a new ability parasitic drain (an inherent leach seed), high defence stats, and can only leaner moves like mean look, thunder wave, confuse ray, double team, to debilitate you while your health is sapped. I apologise to all in advance if this ever comes into fruition.

Anyway I'll leave this with you.
Wow, that's very detailed, though perhaps a little too detailed. I wouldn't want to include something so intricate and complex as a mere side-quest, as it would involve heavy modifications to Orbtus as a whole. I'm also unsure if witchcraft fits in with the style of fantasy I'm going for with Gaia. Bewitched Pokémon certainly are an intriguing idea, though. Perhaps this could be its own hack, in and of itself? I can see an entire storyline for a hack branching from these core concepts.

This is awsome. So full of mistery. i would love to play it
Thanks!

Very Interesting.
So,will it have legends from 6th gen?
And for some reason it reminds me of TGOW 3 xD
Like I've said before, Gaia has the "infrastructure" for all 721 Pokémon (and more), but whether or not they will all appear is another issue. I think Pokémon like Volcanion and Zygarde could, thematically, fit in Orbtus, but as I've said before, nothing is set in stone, particularly with regards to legendaries (and Generation 6 Pokémon in general).

O9qm6uO.gif

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O9qm6uO.gif[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Thank you to Crazy_chu for this support banner!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
When you've played many hacks (and I have), you look forward to something a bit different. Thats why I've cooked up these ideas for nuzlocke mode, bewitched pokemon and the like. As for creating a new game I wouldn't know where to begin, so if you want to use my ideas in the future, feel free.

Really looking forward to this one when it's done.

Years
Love the hack as always Ice!

If you'd like me to do any sprites for the player/professor or want Gen IV-VI abilities just let me know!

Also, if there are any Gen VI Pokemon in particular you're planning on using, I'll prioritise them
in the resource I'm working on.
Thanks! I'll be sure to take you up on that offer, it's really appreciated!

When you've played many hacks (and I have), you look forward to something a bit different. Thats why I've cooked up these ideas for nuzlocke mode, bewitched pokemon and the like. As for creating a new game I wouldn't know where to begin, so if you want to use my ideas in the future, feel free.

Really looking forward to this one when it's done.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. Thanks again!

I've been doing a lot of clerical work again, so there's still not really much to show.

Here's a screenshot of Aerlic City's Gym Leader, Aria.

PRlX2TA.png

Back