• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Accelgor vs Escavalier

Accelgor vs Escavalier

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Did not expect Tornadus to win. Like, at all. But ok!

As for this week we've got the "filler" mons (at least imo). They're a fun trade evolution. Did you end up trading for them? Which was your favourite? Do you also think they were filler?

Years
As much as I hate how annoying their evolution method is, I ended up voting for Escavalier.

It was clearly the one that functions better in competitive with its powerful attack stat and a Speed stat that's low enough to abuse Trick Room with. Accelgor is like one of my least favourites of this generation because it has nothing special aside from Speed, and I don't like it when one stat is so invested it comes at the cost of the others.

Escavalier also clearly has the superior design. Gotta love me some knightly armour!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 22, 2017
Escavalier all the way. I used Escavalier several times in White. Also, I have a couple in my Team Rocket TCG deck :)

I've used Accelgor in White, grinding him up for a bit but just never got that bond. Never found Accelgor very effective in battles apart from getting the first move in.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I'd love to use either of these, but their evolution method is just super annoying. I also don't understand which Pokémon gets what stats upon evolution - it's confusing. I prefer Escavalier over Accelgor.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Strongly prefer Accelgor to Excavalier.

I've always felt Excavalier had a kinda awkward looking design, it just has this awkward clunkiness to it that I'm not crazy about. I don't hate it (though I don't really hate any Pokemon in general) but it would be among my least favourite Unova Pokemon.

On the other hand Accelgor has such an awesome ninja design that really appeals to me. The only reason I haven't used one on a team yet is because of it's pure bug typing. (that and I haven't had a good opportunity to add it to a team yet)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'm not a big fan of either of these two but if I had to pick Escavalier would be my choice.

Back