• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incorrect Moves and Regions

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Have you ever Wondered How A Fire Type Could Fight Under water without going back into its pokeball?

Or how Horsea Can Dive ............... but ur in a field

Or How Zigzagoon can Dig underwater

Or How an Electric type can Execute Electric Moves ....... Underwater

??? it all doesnt makes sense

Please reply , just dont bash

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
*recalls the image of James's Wheezing trying to battle Misty's horsea underwater and faints.*

well if that's the case then pretty much only water types can fight underwater... which won't exactly appeal most players. Actually...

*recalls the image of Jessie's Arbok capable of battling underwater not being a water type*

um... k. Maybe water types aren't the only type of Pokemon that can battle underwater afterall.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Electric types should be able , and what about cyndaquil in the show , it was able to go underwater like it switched to normal type

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Electric types can use attacks underwater... but wouldn't that result in it electrocuting itself? o_O;

Maybe the types that can battle underwater vary. Water and most ice Pokemon can, I'd expect. Maybe even Pokemon who don't need to, say, open their mouth to execute an attack and can use their special abilities without using up too much energy to swim close to the target (like electric or psychic Pokemon could aim their attacks or something). I don't know. XP

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
i think some normal types can get in the water ........ What if you were able to battle in the air ...... that would leave out anything that isnt flyin/dragon/levitating

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
it's hard to look at these questions and answer them with some logical answers, as Pokemon is a game/anime... when it's created they didn't think of these logical stuff.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
what about aerial battling?????

and underwater
what about battling in a volcano , could a fire type surf in magma?

dont reply if r gunna say its all magic this is all about having fun

no bashing
no spamming

^^ ok go!

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
frostweaver said:
*recalls the image of James's Wheezing trying to battle Misty's horsea underwater and faints.*

well if that's the case then pretty much only water types can fight underwater... which won't exactly appeal most players. Actually...

*recalls the image of Jessie's Arbok capable of battling underwater not being a water type*

um... k. Maybe water types aren't the only type of Pokemon that can battle underwater afterall.

What episode was that? Sounds interesting...

Well, it doesn't seem like fire types woul be able to use fire type moves underwater, but this is the Pokemon world. There are probably scientific ways these things may happen in that world, but there's also a certain amount of magic ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
that's the episode "The Misty Mermaid", an old Kanto episode. It's the first time we see Misty in that mermaid suit (2nd time being the "Revenge Match" special).

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
what about aerial battling

pokemon types that should battle under ground
electric ( some )
Grass ( scratch that )
Water
Ice
Normal ( Some )
Dragon

Pokemon That Battle On land
All except Some Fish types

Pokemon that can Battle in the air
Flying
Levitating

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
There is an ocean floor. You can, therefore, use dig under water.

As for Fire-Types "Surfing" in lava, Charizard was draw into the lava (along with Magmar) during the battle between Ash and Blaine.

How did Arbok and Weezing not drown?
Battling underground would be great!

Pezz said:
but this is the Pokemon world. There are probably scientific ways these things may happen in that world, but there's also a certain amount of magic ^_^

:o I totally agree! :)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Well, when I made all of the Pok?mon on Ruby/Sapphire, I also changed their "caught" location to places I thought they should be caught.

Actually, if you dig enough you can apply a good amount of science to Pok?mon.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
not only science but also knowledge on different cultures (ex: Ninetales)

also Pokemon can enhance your vocabulary and basic knowledge, like this...
(ex: ampharos: amp the measurement and pharos for the lighthouse)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I first learned what a palindrome was from Eevee, so I guess that can be true.

There's a lot to be learned from reading Pok?dex data.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
Well I can understand Arbok, its a snake and they will sometimes go into the water and swim to a new area. And some like the sea snake live most of there lives in the water (wonder if Arbok can learn Surf?). I remember a Pokemon using thrunderschok under water, and it made a direct hit on the opponent even though electric would move all over the place and shock anything in a few miles.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I always thought that snakes can only "glide" across water for a short amount of time... guess there's more stuff for me to add into my mind with new understanding and new knowledge.

Arbok doesn't know surf in the game... even though it maybe able to live in water, i don't think it can exactly surf like a Mantine...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
frostweaver said:
I always thought that snakes can only "glide" across water for a short amount of time... guess there's more stuff for me to add into my mind with new understanding and new knowledge.

Arbok doesn't know surf in the game... even though it maybe able to live in water, i don't think it can exactly surf like a Mantine...
lol dunno how Pikachu can learn surf, but a surfn' Arbok would be cool. Atleast it would have a good back up attack against Ground and Psychic.

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
Years
WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE KEEPING THEIR CAPS LOCK ON!?

(Ahem)

No need to scream.

As I said last time this thread was mentioned, that's because it's a Game and so the pokemon can do silly things that they usually cannot do in the anime.

"Aerial" battles can only take place between flying or Levitating Pokemon in the anime, but even earthbound pokemon can battle fliers, if they target correctly.

That's about it.

Back