• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2014

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Hack of the Year 2014 - Results

Category Awards

From the results of the secret ballot in the nomination round, these are the hacks that have had the most votes in each category.

r1ev6rR.png
kNHa84v.png
PWgVmjS.png
DzPQY5E.png
TiclP60.png
od7EKeq.png

Pokémon Gaia has received the most votes in the ballot's Hack of the Year category, and also the greatest amount of votes from the first round overall. And out of all the hacks in Sideshow Showcase, Pokémon Emerald Omega was voted the community's favourite! And lastly, from the elimination round, Glazed has received the most votes in the poll, so it gets the title of the community's Fan Favourite.

OVxriu0.png
Ttfac9X.png
q3QpfPv.png

Hack of the Year

A total of 5 judges, including myself, have played each hack and rated it in four categories. The reviews and reasoning behind the ratings can be found in the thread here. This year we're introducing a new Points system, where the hack with the highest total rating in each category will get 3 points, the second will get 2, and the last 1. The hack with the most points is the Hack of the Year!

Here's the breakdown for each category:

Graphics

ez464is.png

Storyline

jDn7yy2.png

Gameplay

iaNM6dI.png

General Appeal

CaUp8TL.png

Totals and points

krpkkwz.png

BX7xdwB.png
vjJreEd.png
UtaXnVr.png

Pokémon Glazed has won Hack of the Year, congratulations! Thanks to everyone for participating, and especially to the judges, and Peitharchia for designing this year's awards.

Congratulations to all the winners, and happy hacking!

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
All of the final results are very accurate, congratulations to redriders, Glazed are a very good hack, and congratulations to Aethestode and the chubby spheal Spherical Ice, don't stop of hacking, maybe the next year can won c:

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Wow. I kind of expected Pokemon Gaia. Well never the less. Congrats to Glazed. Nice work to you all.

Unbalanced

Divine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Hmm red and gaia got almost the same firered style tiles not sure why gaia was voted more on graphics aspect when red got better custom tiles (facepalm)

Anyway gz for winners and gaia did very well for a hack with not many maps completed vs glazed which is completed and red almost completed

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
The entire 321 points system is a much better system and avoids any rogue judging. Bravo.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Hmm red and gaia got almost the same firered style tiles not sure why gaia was voted more on graphics aspect when red got better custom tiles

Maybe because Spherical Ice's hack follow a predefined style (Al new tiles are un fully FR style) and Red Chapter are a combinations of other styles with FR style, I prefer al graphics in an only style.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I love Pokemon Rose & gaia to! still waiting for the finished versions! cant wait :D! i hope pokemon life wil be finished this summer to! :D

Back