• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Painist

Years
Nice job man! Did you read these or it's your own version?

This is flawless, although I'd love to hear these from a direct recorder (without ambient sounds).

Heya - I got the sheets from a youtube user named DuskPiano (who plays way better than me)

I should have specified that fact on my videos - I will be sure to do this going forward.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
These are awesome! How long does it usually take you to learn a song? I used to play piano as well but since I quit lessons I've been kinda unmotivated to practice and often don't finish learning songs - but that's probably because I'm too ambitious when I'm picking songs and always go for ones that are like 4+ pages long, then I get frustrated when I can't learn it in a day, lol.

Years
Many thanks, it depends on song complexity but generally speaking, I learn a page within a week. So for a four page song, it would take around a month to get to grips with it and then anywhere between an extra week to an additional month to polish it up to what I would consider a reasonable performance standard.

But yes I can relate to ditching songs due to lack of motivation. This has occurred to me on a few occasions where I have attempted something too difficult for my ability and then ended up abandoning the piece half way through. Saddening times indeed but I try to follow a Japanese principle which basically goes along the lines of "slow but steady progress will give results".

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
sounds pretty good, was the typo on pianist intentional in the title? if not if you edit and go advance on the original post i believe you can fix it, haha.

Years
sounds pretty good, was the typo on pianist intentional in the title? if not if you edit and go advance on the original post i believe you can fix it, haha.

Thanks mate - and the typo is intentional. It's my fight nickname ahahahaaha. You know, like The Undertaker, triple H and stuff?

Years
Dearly Beloved is one of my favourite video game tracks of all time. Well done! It sounds great. I've always wanted to learn piano to solely play VG soundtracks haha.

Years
That is pretty much why I picked up the piano to be honest, wanted to learn how to play the myriad of video game music that has inspired me over the many years of gaming.

Back