• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public transportation

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I don't mind using it, but where I live the public transport isn't very good.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
A Deja vu topic came back. I use public buses for going to work, errands, and movie theater. When I need to go to someplace that is far, I use Access transportation.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I drive public transportation sooooooo....

Reactions: noa
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I use it, although I really dislike the service that's here. They only run hourly (And half-hourly at busy times), and it's almost like they don't know what to do when the weather changes or there's a planned interruption to the service.

I have to use it though, I can't afford a vehicle by myself right now so I have pretty much no other choice...

pkmin3033

I catch the bus most mornings, and I'm alright with it. They're mostly on time, I'm familiar with most of the drivers by now, and most of the time the roads aren't so bad so it's not an unpleasant journey. A bit cramped sometimes in the morning when they don't send a double decker though. I also get a reasonable discount off season tickets because I work for the local council, which is nice.

The trains, though...the trains are absolute bollocks. I avoid them when I can; they're never on time, the cost is most definitely not worth the reduced travel time (I'd have a fair distance to walk to work anyway once I got off the train...or I'd just catch the bus from the bus station) and honestly the new carriages feel less safe than the old ones did.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Where I live, public transportation is pretty much everywhere, and it's pretty cheap. I occasionally use it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
My town is doing everything they can to discourage people from using anything else. Likewise the company who owns the public transportation stuff happily ups the price for using them on a regular basis.

They are also prone to stop working as soon as a snowflake falls down from the sky.

If you ignore all that, they are decent.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
It's free for me as I'm a student, and my schedule allows me to always travel at the least busy times. I personally find it relaxing to just take a break for 20 minutes in between arriving at home and school. Although the buses are never fucking consistent. I don't don't pay you to not be on time, busdingii.

Years
I do and dislike it. =( Having a 24/7 system can be seen as a great thing but the entire public transport is a mess here atm and it's harder to fix things when people expect it to always be running, as it has been. The trains are old and run down and the signals are extremely outdated. Delays are common. Trains themselves are crowded and sometimes even grimy or filthy. Meanwhile buses where I live are usually either late or get stuck in traffic, which makes getting home a pain. Public transport sucks. #longsigh

Often I feel like I've already worked half a day's worth by the time I'm done with this mess of a public transport system and get into the office, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
It can be exciting to use when I have trips to New York, but apart from that, I just drive myself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I don't have a choice d: And it's pretty good here. Especially the commute trains between the two main cities in the region. Trams and buses are fine too. The national trains are much worse though; they're almost never on time and sometimes don't work at all.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Public transport is pretty alright where I live. It could be a bit more accessible, but I have no problems with it. It's just kind of crazy closer to the city. I loooove the bus and I love being able to play games/go on twitter/chat during my morning commute instead of being stuck in traffic bored.

Years
Trains are great, busses are shit, driving yourself is the best albeit not wonderful for the environment or the wallet.

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
I dislike it. I hate waiting and the hot bus stop full with peoples. It's a good a thing that I have my own car.

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
Not to mention that nobody anywhere seems to actually care if bus drivers are good at driving.

Yeah you right. Most of the time people in a hurry so i don't think they even have time to think about that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't mind the subway, although I do try driving when possible.

MISSINGNOxx1990

Black candles burn, all minds aligned...
Years
I dont drive so i use it but if somethings in walking distance i usually walk instead better to play GO that way too, i prefer buses to trains as where i live more people that give off bad vibes get the train

Back