• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Need a 6th Member Team - Sapphire

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2018
I have 2 gym battles left before the elite 4, this is my first time actually completing the game and was wondering who I should use as a 6th member of the team

Blaziken - 65 Level FIRE/FIGHTING

Flamethrow
Slash
Sky Uppercut
Ember

Tentacruel - Level 63 WATER/POISON (Looking to replace with Kyogre ASAP)
Sludge Bomb
Icebeam
Surf
Acid

Gardevoir - Level 61 PSYCHIC
Future Sight
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Linoone - HM SLAVE Level 60
Rock Smash
Cut
Surf
Strength

Tropious FLY SLAVE - 50 Looking to replace with Crobat once get Luxury Ball so if anyone has Crobat moveset Gen 3 then do tell has to include FLY
Flash
Solarbeam
BodySlam
FLY

SPOT 6 - NEED SOMETHING HERE ???

I was plottin to go with a Garidose with
Thunder
HydroPump
Hidden Power - For Flying Type
Blizzard/IceBeam then using Tentacruel as a HM Slave

What do you guys think I should use ?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Gyarados was never a great user of special moves. Kyogre with Waterfall/Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder will both cover your water-related HM needs while still giving you an Electric and Ice move on the same Pokemon and doing a much better job at fighting.

If you have the last 2 badges and the Elite 4 left to go, you're looking at having to deal with Psychic, Water, Dark, Ghost, Dragon, Ice, and Steven's team. With what you have/are going to have, you will likely do fine vs Steven/Ice/Dark/and can probably just Ice Beam Drake to death once you get past his first Pokemon. So that leaves Psychic/Ghost/Water. Shiftry and Cacturne are both Grass/Dark and so could potentially cover all of those for you.

Years
I'm with Nah's suggestion of Cacturne, and since you're playing Sapphire you won't have access to the Seedot line anyway. But as she said, Cacturne's typing destroys both of Tate & Liza's Pokemon and Wallace's team also has a glaring weakness to Grass, though watch out for that part-Ice Sealeo.

Also, Grass-types tend to fare well in Hoenn especially with all those Water-types you'll be encountering late-game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Gyarados was never a great user of special moves. Kyogre with Waterfall/Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder will both cover your water-related HM needs while still giving you an Electric and Ice move on the same Pokemon and doing a much better job at fighting.

If you have the last 2 badges and the Elite 4 left to go, you're looking at having to deal with Psychic, Water, Dark, Ghost, Dragon, Ice, and Steven's team. With what you have/are going to have, you will likely do fine vs Steven/Ice/Dark/and can probably just Ice Beam Drake to death once you get past his first Pokemon. So that leaves Psychic/Ghost/Water. Shiftry and Cacturne are both Grass/Dark and so could potentially cover all of those for you.

I'm with Nah's suggestion of Cacturne, and since you're playing Sapphire you won't have access to the Seedot line anyway. But as she said, Cacturne's typing destroys both of Tate & Liza's Pokemon and Wallace's team also has a glaring weakness to Grass, though watch out for that part-Ice Sealeo.

Also, Grass-types tend to fare well in Hoenn especially with all those Water-types you'll be encountering late-game.

Is there a way to get Kyogre before the Elite 4 / Pokemon League ?

+

What moveset should I use for Caturne, It's one of those pokemon I've never really showed any interest in since wayyy back then lol

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Is there a way to get Kyogre before the Elite 4 / Pokemon League ?

+

What moveset should I use for Caturne, It's one of those pokemon I've never really showed any interest in since wayyy back then lol
You get the chance to catch Kyogre as part of the storyline, after you've gotten the 7th or 8th badge (I can't remember which).

As for Cacturne moves.....I'm not sure. You'll probably want Faint Attack and Needle Arm, but besides that, idk what else you should put on it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2018
You get the chance to catch Kyogre as part of the storyline, after you've gotten the 7th or 8th badge (I can't remember which).

As for Cacturne moves.....I'm not sure. You'll probably want Faint Attack and Needle Arm, but besides that, idk what else you should put on it.

- Thanks, think I'm going to get it done today

:nod:

Back