• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
About that, the copies shipped in Greece at that time were all paperback, so the only hardcover I have are the last two books.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
All of mine are hardcover except PS and CoS. And urgh, the version of PS I have is one of those stupid special shiny ones so its 100 times easier to make creases and shows up 100 times more than usual paperback >_< I didn't even want to buy that one, it was just the only one they had in Asda at the time ;_;

Oh, I have that one :3
And the shiny version of CoS.

I've only got the last three books in hardback. that still didn't stop them from being damaged

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Alright, slicky question everyone.

How would you like a

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
There's a whole slew of hardcovered HP books in the local book store. I was planning to buy them because I really liked hardcovers. Still saving up for it, though. ):

And as for your question Truality, I would love anything Harry Potter related! But I want it to be English. And with the original trio being the voice actors! Oh my goodness, now I really want one!

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Ooh, pick me! I actually got into the Pottermore Beta site, but I STILL haven't gotten my welcome email so I can't tell anybody anything yet. Sigh.

What house are you in?: I'm Ravenclawesome!
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Ebony and unicorn hair, 13-and-a-half inches, good for offensive spells
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow!

I'd absolutely LOVE a HP anime, that would be so cool! I think it would be a better way of staying true to the books than the movies, since you can fit more into an anime series than a 2-hour film. And we wouldn't have Steve Kloves screwing things up with his worship of Hermione and his hatred of Ron... >.<

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Wow, I'm totally unsure on a Harry Potter anime. I don't want that to spoil the show or anything. If one were to be made though it'd have to be executed perfectly or something, so I'd be against it. I'd prefer to see something like a short spin-off to see what's happening in the land of London and magic, like what Harry's been up to, and the life of Hogwarts now, seeing Neville as the Herbology teacher and stuff. :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Wow, I'm totally unsure on a Harry Potter anime. I don't want that to spoil the show or anything. If one were to be made though it'd have to be executed perfectly or something, so I'd be against it. I'd prefer to see something like a short spin-off to see what's happening in the land of London and magic, like what Harry's been up to, and the life of Hogwarts now, seeing Neville as the Herbology teacher and stuff. :)
That was what I intend to see in the anime too, if it were to happen.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I got my Pottermore email earlier :D My overall opinion so far is that it is not as great as everyone seems to be saying, but I do love the extra information so much. I'm glad that I got it before I start college, anyway.

My wand: 10 3/4 inches, beech, unicorn, unbending

And I got sorted into Ravenclaw :DDD I would've been happy with either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, though. Reading through the house description, I really do think I fit as a Ravenclaw now. I do really like the description for my beech wand, too.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Jorah: Sooo jealous of your wood.

Harry Potter anime? Absolutely not!
...Not that JK Rowling would ever approve of it to begin with, though.

I have some questions!
a. What is your opinion of people who call themselves fans, but never bothered to read the books?
b. Do you believe that the books and movies are comparable?
c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least?
d. Do you re-(re-)read the series?

Last edited by a moderator:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
a. Well, they're still fans to me, simple as that. You can be a fan by just watching the movies, what's wrong with it?
b. To a certain extent, yes. However, where the boundaries of literature and cinema's begin, that's where we stop comparing them.
c. Hm, tough question. But here goes: 7/1/5/2/6/3/4
d. Of course. And with the appropriate order, once every summer, when I have the time.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
a. What is your opinion of people who call themselves fans, but never bothered to read the books?
Well, I know they can be a fan without having read the books... cause I know someone like that. But still, the books are better than the movies so they should read them!
b. Do you believe that the books and movies are comparable? Yes... a bit...
c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least? 3,5,1,7,2,6,4
d. Do you re-(re-)read the series? YEAH!!! :D :D

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Not real fans. Period. If you love Harry Potter so much, why are you only bothering to learn half the story? (My sister is like this and it makes me REALLY angry, I'm sorry)

Not one bit. The movies cut out SO much (and to a point, it's understandable, but some of it, like the fact that the biggest plotline of PoA, is just ridiculous) that a lot of people who haven't read them can't even follow along.

c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least?
4, 5, 3, 7, 2, 1, 6

My copies of the first four are falling apart from being read so often, and the other three are getting there XD

Sorry if I offended anyone, by the way. People who call themselves fans OR say they hate something without actually knowing about a majority of it drive me up a wall. And I really can't stand the 3rd, 4th, and 6th movies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
They're still fans. Nothing changes that.

To an extent, yes. But really these are two different canons that has different boundaries.

Seven, Five, Three, Four, Two, One

Everytime I can, yes. :P

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I can't believe I haven't joined this club yet. D: Ever since I watched Deathly Hallows part 2, I've come back to the HP fandom. I really love this series after all. <3

May I join? :3

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Dunno how you can like the films with their huge plot holes, but whatever you like. It just means you have to explain everything to them after the film @~@

They are comparable. Whether one is better than the other is another question XD The books are better for their more filled out story.

I've never really had a favourite, I just like the series as a whole. I suppose my least favourite were the 5th and 6th. Worst parts on the whole were in the 7th book when they were travelling and nothing was happening.

I used to. I used to keep a count. I have read books 1-4 the most, 5th three or four times, 6th about twice, 7th twice.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Seven, Five, Three, Four, Two, One
Hey what happened to the sixth book? xD
I can't believe I haven't joined this club yet. D: Ever since I watched Deathly Hallows part 2, I've come back to the HP fandom. I really love this series after all. <3

May I join? :3
There's no reason for you not to lol.
Although I guess you're

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Hawthorn, 12 inches, Unicorn hair
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: ...into a Taillow.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
They can be fans but they can't be true fans until they read the books. The films just don't come close.
Not really. Too different.
2, 7, 4, 5, 6, 3, 1
Not yet sadly. But I was going to check them out at the library but the only Sorcerers stone they have is taped together and crap. So I'm going to get them from my uncle.

I normally never re-read books because I have such good comprehension when I read them it's just no fun. I usually know nearly every tiny part and it makes it so I can't read it with any enjoyment at all. But it's been quite a few years since I read them.

Actually I finished Book 6 two years ago from yesterday. I was at a family Reunion and almost done so I read the whole time. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Who's everyone's favorite and least favorite character?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My favourite characters:

Hermione, Luna, Neville, Snape, Hagrid, Harry, and Ron.

My least favorite character?

Dolores Umbridge.
The punishments she gave to the students; her sadism annoyed me. :(

Back