• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 9

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
So, now that season 9 of Rupaul's Drag Race has almost finished, what are your thoughts?

Who did you like? Who didn't you like? Who do you want to win? Thoughts on everyone arguing with Valentina at the reunion? Let's talk !!

Personally, my favourite queen in the season is 100% Trinity Taylor. I also love Alexis and Aja - but honestly, I love everyone this season. And I'm rooting for Trinity to win but having heard some things about the reunion....

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
0GdunLr.gif

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
Now it's end season my opinions have changed on several queens a lot. Initially I disliked Trinity & Eureka and was rooting for Alexis. Now I'm loving Trinity and disliking Alexis rather a lot. Always thought Valentina had the ugliest personality and the reunion definitely showed that. As it stands - the only queens I now dislike from this season are Kimora, Alexis & Valentina. Rooting for Peppermint or Sasha.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. Trinity was really shady at the beginning and then it started to become funny. Do I want her to win? No. But am I happy she's in the finale? Hell yes!
Eureka's super talented, but I didn't really like her personality. I'm glad she's returning, though.

I only really liked Alexis during the Kardashian episode. She aged up too much, and it got really distracting. I'm glad she's gone.

I saw Alaska at Pride, and she threw major shade by doing a reenactment of Valentina's mask-gate debacle. It was hilarious. I never really liked Valentina even though she did alright. Looking back, though, her drag just rests on being pretty rather than any real talent. I don't really like her style much, either.

Lastly, I love Sasha's drag. I'm totally rooting for her because of her incredible uniqueness. I liked her future of drag speech because she not only celebrates drag of the past but also wants to launch it into the future.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
this top four is the best ever i literally would love them all to win. but i was team sasha from the day one so i'm definitely rooting for her to snatch the crown.

the reunion is a-fucking-mazing and i'm so glad they brought back this format. it showed the queens' true personalities (and for a certain fan favourite, a lack thereof).

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm just glad Villaintina finally showed her face - well, both of them, to be exact. Hopefully that puts an end to the infuriating claims that she's a nice person!

As for the final four, I have been rooting for Shea and Sasha and while I want Shea to win, I get the feeling that it's going to be Sasha who comes out on top in the end. Peppermint is a sweetheart and the true Miss Congeniality in the truest sense of the term. And I have to give props to Trinity for being the exact same onscreen and elsewhere, nice to see a queen's act be consistent everywhere.

Years
Tbh it would feel unfair to me if anybody but Shea won when she's objectively done the best in the competition. I actually like the lip sync showdown thing, because the finales from the last few seasons have been pretty boring, but I think it'd work better if we didn't have one finalist with four wins and one with one.

I really liked this season as a whole though, I think it's one of the most unique/memorable casts we've had.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
I'm just glad Villaintina finally showed her face - well, both of them, to be exact. Hopefully that puts an end to the infuriating claims that she's a nice person!

As for the final four, I have been rooting for Shea and Sasha and while I want Shea to win, I get the feeling that it's going to be Sasha who comes out on top in the end. Peppermint is a sweetheart and the true Miss Congeniality in the truest sense of the term. And I have to give props to Trinity for being the exact same onscreen and elsewhere, nice to see a queen's act be consistent everywhere.
Villaintina posted a video on Instagram telling her fans to stop being so mean. It felt so fake and forced because of the reunion.

I wish Peppermint could have gotten Miss Congeniality even though she was in the top 4.
Tbh it would feel unfair to me if anybody but Shea won when she's objectively done the best in the competition.

This is kind of a combination of both yours and Her's comments, but I think that, yes, objectively, Shea should win. She's won the most challenges on paper and dominated overall. However, my problem is that I don't really remember any of her wins or her runways except for the club kid outfit. I think she's really good, but she doesn't push it far enough. To be fair, I haven't watched much of Untucked this season.

I like Sasha better because her drag sticks out more in my mind and I can remember more of everything she's done. She's also really well-rounded with the humor, the runway, and the other challenges.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Villaintina posted a video on Instagram telling her fans to stop being so mean. It felt so fake and forced because of the reunion.

Girl kept her sunglasses on because she knew her eyes would betray her instantly LMAO

Years
This is kind of a combination of both yours and Her's comments, but I think that, yes, objectively, Shea should win. She's won the most challenges on paper and dominated overall. However, my problem is that I don't really remember any of her wins or her runways except for the club kid outfit. I think she's really good, but she doesn't push it far enough. To be fair, I haven't watched much of Untucked this season.

I like Sasha better because her drag sticks out more in my mind and I can remember more of everything she's done. She's also really well-rounded with the humor, the runway, and the other challenges.

Tbh I find Sasha kind of overrated. I like her and she's obviously very talented, but being artsy and bald isn't actually that unique and people act as if she's changed drag forever. Also not singling you out, but it's... interesting to me that so many of the critiques of Shea are vague "she needs to push it further" or "she doesn't have the it factor" or something.

I actually like the new format because the last few finales have been boring as hell and it needed a shake up. I think it'd work better if the competition was actually closer, because it still feels so unfair to me that Shea steamrolled the competition only to be unceremoniously handed third place. Congrats to Sasha though!

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
Tbh I find Sasha kind of overrated. I like her and she's obviously very talented, but being artsy and bald isn't actually that unique and people act as if she's changed drag forever.
That's fair. I think she challenges drag rather than completely changes it forever. It might be because her drag has started to gain more popularity for being more artsy. However, the idea that she's popular because she's more "intelligent" is kinda bs. Like, what does that mean?
Also not singling you out, but it's... interesting to me that so many of the critiques of Shea are vague "she needs to push it further" or "she doesn't have the it factor" or something.
Also, totally fair and no hard feelings. I agree, it's a pretty vague criticism. It's hard for me to describe why I just didn't find some of her performances memorable. During the week of airing when she wins, I was like, "oh wow, that was really good," but then the next week I couldn't remember what she did until the recap. The pattern just kind of repeated itself until the end.
I actually like the new format because the last few finales have been boring as hell and it needed a shake up. I think it'd work better if the competition was actually closer, because it still feels so unfair to me that Shea steamrolled the competition only to be unceremoniously handed third place. Congrats to Sasha though!
Yeah, I'm glad there was a change up. The format was more exciting and kinda nerve wracking. It's true that Shea did great in the competition and then at the end, well... yeah. I was having this discussion with a friend, and I think part of it is that the lip syncs play such a big role on the show and in drag in general. So, to make them a deciding factor was risky but understandable. Also, it was nice that the lip sync was flavored similarly to AS2 where the lip sync for the crown was a positive thing rather than a bad thing that you had to do to stay in the competition. This time it felt like they were earning something rather than saving themselves.

Winter

Years
it's more like sasha's drag is finally being represented and appreciated more. she's not the first nor the last of her kind.

also, reminder that this is drag race, not drag school where you tally up scores and shit - if your last sprint isn't the strongest, it doesn't matter if you had a strong start. challenge wins lead you to the finale, not to the crown. and it's ultimately ru's decision. twist or no twist, i dont think the outcome would've changed. that's the tea.

Years
Yeah, I'm glad there was a change up. The format was more exciting and kinda nerve wracking.
Yeah like the top four/finale episodes from the last few seasons have felt more like a formality than anything. I wonder if they'll keep this for next season.

it's more like sasha's drag is finally being represented and appreciated more. she's not the first nor the last of her kind.
Yeah I suppose. I remember pre-season I thought she'd go the way of Acid Betty/Max lol.

also, reminder that this is drag race, not drag school where you tally up scores and **** - if your last sprint isn't the strongest, it doesn't matter if you had a strong start. challenge wins lead you to the finale, not to the crown. and it's ultimately ru's decision. twist or no twist, i dont think the outcome would've changed. that's the tea.
But the winner's always been based on track record asdghfk. It just seems kind of stupid to me to disregard an incredible track record when it comes to the winner. Like imagine if Phi Phi had been crowned over Sharon just because she knew how to death drop.

Winter

Years
not being in the bottom two seems like a good track record. what a concept right?

also bebe and jinkx only had two wins. let's not forget that they LSYFL once too. so.

also hopping on fletch's point: alexis should've won the Kardashian challenge.

Back