• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Uh I think the flag 0x1 has been used,take a look at XSE guide in the prog. itself.

Looking at the flag list in diegoisawesome's tutorial, it does list 0x1 as a flag that's used. However, it's used somewhere inside Lt. Surge's gym, I think as part of the trash can puzzle. Since it's part of a puzzle that I will be removing from my game, the fact that it's already used doesn't bother me. I'm planning on recycling (and already have recycled) many flags that are already "used" but which pertain to events that will not be present in my hack. Most flags I've tried to recycle have been used without trouble. I'm just wondering if 0x1, since it behaves weirdly, might cause problems if it's used in a context other than its original one.

And I would love to look at the XSE guide in the program itself, but it doesn't work. I'm using Darwine on a Mac to use XSE, and every time I open the guide, I get a notice that says I need to download a certain program to get it to work; and every time I try to download that program, it fails. So, yeah, I'm guideless. I've been trying to rectify this problem for weeks.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
If I can I might upload it as some pics.

And the guy with the huge script should place spoiler tags around it,read the rules before you post,Im not trying to act as a mod but Im just pointing it out,so you don't get rained on by people here,lol.

EDIT:I need help with this:

Spoiler:

For some reason after the battle "#org @beaten" doesn't come,than when I walk back to the script it repeats the "#org @1" than goes to "#org @beaten" than the last set of movements.How can I make it occur once,and how do I make the text show after the battle.Thanks to anyone who helps.And Ive tried everything,took out the checkflag,took out stuff,replaced stuff,rearrange and still...nothing.Once again thanks!

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
If I can I might upload it as some pics.

And the guy with the huge script should place spoiler tags around it,read the rules before you post,Im not trying to act as a mod but Im just pointing it out,so you don't get rained on by people here,lol.

EDIT:I need help with this:

Spoiler:

For some reason after the battle "#org @beaten" doesn't come,than when I walk back to the script it repeats the "#org @1" than goes to "#org @beaten" than the last set of movements.How can I make it occur once,and how do I make the text show after the battle.Thanks to anyone who helps.And Ive tried everything,took out the checkflag,took out stuff,replaced stuff,rearrange and still...nothing.Once again thanks!

That's because you used a regular trainerbattle, like one you get when someone spots you and runs up to battle. This is trainerbattle 0x0. What you need is the gym style battle, which follows the battle up with events. This is trainerbattle 0x1.

@ckret
Your solution to your own problem makes sense. I seem to remember seeing the trainerbattle number for that somewhere, I think... Don't quote me on this, but maybe check out thethethe's tut or maybe RaiRaiKun's...

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Hey im doing a hack of fire red, and these two scripts dont work.

Spoiler:

the problem witht this is that you dont move when you supposed to.

ad a second script

Spoiler:

this script is fine except for two things.
the #org @move2 dosent happen,and the event restarts can happen again once you go to a different map.

any help is appreciated

Larsie13

Hey im doing a hack of fire red, and these two scripts dont work.

Spoiler:

the problem witht this is that you dont move when you supposed to.

ad a second script

Spoiler:

this script is fine except for two things.
the #org @move2 dosent happen,and the event restarts can happen again once you go to a different map.

any help is appreciated
First script: switch the applymovement with the waitmovement, because waitmovement needs to go AFTER applymovement.
Second script: practically the same problem, except this time you FORGOT the waitmovements. Put a waitmovement 0x0 directly after each applymovement. That should do it.
Also, try using a different flag, like 0x1000, because those low flags have mostly been used already.

Drayano60

Sage
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 31, 2022
Scripter: XSE
Version: Fire Red

I have a Givepokemon script here;

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x8005F5
checkflag 0x51D
if 0x1 goto 0x8800660
faceplayer
msgbox 0x880066B MSG_YESNO '"You look like a good trainer.\nWou..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x880061C
msgbox 0x88006B2 MSG_NORMAL '"That's a pity...\pI think you two ..."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800660
faceplayer
msgbox 0x8800765 MSG_NORMAL '"Are you taking good care\nof BULBA..."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x80061C
givepokemon 0x1 0x14 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88006EB MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr]You received a BULBASAUR..."
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x51D
msgbox 0x880070A MSG_YESNO '"[black_fr]Would you like to give a..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8800659
msgbox 0x880073F MSG_NORMAL '"Please take good care of\nBULBASAU..."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800659
call 0x81A74EB
return

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80066B
= You look like a good trainer.\nWould you care for this BULBASAUR?

#org 0x8006B2
= That's a pity...\pI think you two would\nhave got along.

#org 0x800765
= Are you taking good care\nof BULBASAUR?

#org 0x8006EB
= [black_fr]You received a BULBASAUR!

#org 0x80070A
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to BULBASAUR?

#org 0x80073F
= Please take good care of\nBULBASAUR.

It almost works perfectly but when you say Yes to nicknaming Bulbasaur, rather than allowing you to nickname Bulbasaur it prompts you to nickname the first Pokemon in your party instead... I did actually edit this from the script in diego's XSE tut and I even tried using the Charmander givepokemon script in that directly and I got exactly the same problem. I can't figure out what's causing it :? The special flag is correct as far as I know, so...

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have a question regarding XSE and Advance Map.
I'm having trouble getting the scripts too... well work lol and was hoping if I could get some help.

Here's a sample script that I did (offest found with FSF, Using XSE and Advance Map to open the script.)

Spoiler:

Now I'm pretty sure I didn't have a scripting error, but the problem is after I finish writing the script. I complie the script to the ROM and when I close XSE it asks "do you want to save the file" (or something like that). I hit yes and it saves the script as a .rbc file. Now when I play my ROM and go up to the person that the scipt is assigned to, i hear a click noise, and nothing happens. When I go back to Advance Map to see what the problem is, I open up the script again. Low and Behold none of my script is in the offset. This happens everytime I try to edit/create a script.

How can I fix this or what am I doing n00bishly wrong?
(BTW I'm using a Ruby ROM)

Thanks in advance!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
well what you do is when you click COMPILE not save as,than a box will come up saying whatever with the copy button,click it than copy it over to the Amap and the guy you click over to where"$" is and paste the offset that was copied there.You should read dieagoisawsome's xse guide as it has helped me alot in scripting.

PlatniumPiano

Years
well what you do is when you click COMPILE not save as,than a box will come up saying whatever with the copy button,click it than copy it over to the Amap and the guy you click over to where"$" is and paste the offset that was copied there.You should read dieagoisawsome's xse guide as it has helped me alot in scripting.

I LOVE YOU!!!

Lol yeah but thanks. And another question when I do that there are two offsets, @main and @speak?

I tried @main and that worked does @speak work as well? Or not.

And you don't have to save the .rbc files corrrect?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Alright the problem is that whenever I do this script it works perfectly, except that after it's over and I move, the sprite I hid, 0x1, comes back.

Spoiler:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
This script works fine I suppose,but after everyting is done and I come back the OW is standing where the script starts.If I talk to him the game crashes,does it has something to do with varibles,or people ID,or anything like that?

Spoiler:

EDIT:

I LOVE YOU!!!

Lol yeah but thanks. And another question when I do that there are two offsets, @main and @speak?

I tried @main and that worked does @speak work as well? Or not.

And you don't have to save the .rbc files corrrect?
You should leave some space between the #dynamic and #org @main.And try msgbox @speak than 0x6,that may be the prob.0x6 triggers a textbox.

try this:

Spoiler:

Changes are bold.or well everything is reordered.No dont have to save the rbc if you want,just there for referance.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

Years
What is the script for a character to give u a pokemon then walk off of the screen then leave forever? I don't need the give pokemon commands, just the exiting one

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
This script freezes in the game. And it is for ruby. Could someone please fix it or tell me how?
Spoiler:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
What is the script for a character to give u a pokemon then walk off of the screen then leave forever? I don't need the give pokemon commands, just the exiting one
Look at the XSE tut from dieagoisawsome.Im not a big fan on givepkmn scripts as I have trouble with it.And you have to look at applymovements,than figuire a way to combine the givepokemon and applymovement scripts.Don't feel inferior by the commands and all,it takes practice and patience,I thought it was overwelming but if you pay attention you will learn,thats how it is with me.Trust me,applymovements and givepokemon scripts is the only key for what your trying to do.

This script freezes in the game. And it is for ruby. Could someone please fix it or tell me how?
Spoiler:
Well my friend,givepokemon scripts aren't a strong suit for me,im sure someone else will help....

PlatniumPiano

Years
How do you (err whats commands allow you to) have a guy sit by a cave entrance or something and when u step on the tile before the cave, he stops you, then has to see if you have pokemon then if not pushes you back but if you do he lets you go?

Something to do with lockall, flags and what not?

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
I have a question regarding XSE and Advance Map.
I'm having trouble getting the scripts too... well work lol and was hoping if I could get some help.

Here's a sample script that I did (offest found with FSF, Using XSE and Advance Map to open the script.)

Spoiler:

Now I'm pretty sure I didn't have a scripting error, but the problem is after I finish writing the script. I complie the script to the ROM and when I close XSE it asks "do you want to save the file" (or something like that). I hit yes and it saves the script as a .rbc file. Now when I play my ROM and go up to the person that the scipt is assigned to, i hear a click noise, and nothing happens. When I go back to Advance Map to see what the problem is, I open up the script again. Low and Behold none of my script is in the offset. This happens everytime I try to edit/create a script.

How can I fix this or what am I doing n00bishly wrong?
(BTW I'm using a Ruby ROM)

Thanks in advance!

I know tyson's suggestion fixed your original problem, but you could shorten this whole script to:

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Your message dynamic offsets seem really messed up. Trying fixing this and seeing if it works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you (err whats commands allow you to) have a guy sit by a cave entrance or something and when u step on the tile before the cave, he stops you, then has to see if you have pokemon then if not pushes you back but if you do he lets you go?

Something to do with lockall, flags and what not?

This should do the trick.

Spoiler:

Use a trigger (green script tile) in A-map with a var number and value of your choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helped.

~Raycrow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back