• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Break Foration- still not making sense... in order to Special Summon all monsters removed from play to Special Summon the destroyed monster to your Field in Attack Position... ugh what?

Ehh...not one of my most graceful wordings, I'm afraid. The point is that when an XYZ is destroyed, all the individual parts are summoned in its place for 500 LP apiece. Edited for something that's hopefully a bit less confusing.

VWXYZ+- Phoenix Dragon Catapult Cannon- yeah, it's so hard to get out that it's still not worth using regardless of how it's almost invincible... well, invincible until LaDD negates its revive effect XD; Still, pretty good for effect but not possible to get out :x what's with the +- sign

It's actually VWXYZ+, the - (not to be confused with a minus) is part of the XYZ style of naming (Same as with XYZ-Dragon Cannon), though...it does look sort of misguiding in this context, I'll admit. xD Mind you, I think you can pull this one off with Union Reformation and the fusion dump fakies. (Dump the two fusions and then reform for the big one)

Santa Jester: soo...can you trigger this one on the Damage Step too or do you have to do it before that? Mostly goat pwning, I suppose, unless you've got a really big beater or a backrow Simochi. 1800 Atk makes it sort of work, though.

Santa's Elf: Christmas cheer = Life Points for all? xD Well, this is best friends with Simochi (1000 burn and a draw for attacking it? Yes, please), too bad the 1900 Def can't do anything to Cyber Dragon, though.

Santa Joyeux: Now this I could see readily used. 1000 Points is a pittance for pulling out a game-turning spell from your graveyard. best friends with Simochi like the rest of them.

Santa's Gift: erm...more deck thinning for Life Equalizer decks? (the other big use for these, btw) With the right kind of deck, it's an improved Upstart Goblin, but on the other hand it can turn into what's essentially a dead card. Too bad it doesn't work with Simochi like the rest of these.

Merry Christmas indeed! For that, though the big day has already passed for me, something Christmasy. :3

Gift Wrapper
Equip Spell

You can only equip this card to a monster on your Field. While equipped with this card, control of the equipped monster is switched to the opponent of the player who controls this card. A monster equipped with this card can not be offered as tribute. When the equipped monster is destroyed, the controller of the destroyed monster equips this card from your Graveyard to a monster on his/her Field, if any (This card is controlled by the player who activated it). When this face-up card on the Field is destroyed as the result of a card effect and sent to your Graveyard, draw a card.

Sign of Goodwill
Normal Spell

During your opponent's turn, you may reveal this card in your Hand to your opponent and discard it. Whenever you would receive Damage on the turn this effect is activated, that Damage becomes zero. Then, your opponent gains a number of Life Points equal to the amount of Damage you would have received.

Aaand something shamelessly non-seasonal:

Fusion Splicer
Normal Spell

Pay 800 Life Points. Select a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck and discard it, then select and activate one of the following:

- Add one Monster Card with the same name as a Fusion Material Monster listed on the card you discarded from your Deck to your Hand.

- Send all Fusion Material Monsters listed on the card you discarded from your Deck to your Graveyard.

And yeah, just as clarification: you can only search for or discard monsters that are specifically named on the Fusion Monster. So you can't search for any machine you want by discarding Chimera or any Dragon through Five-Headed.

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Body Swap
Continuous Spell
Pay 2500 Life Points. Switch Decks with your opponent, and play as if it were your own.

This would be very interesting. Imagine Jaden and Jesse playing against one another, and Jaden already controls "Elemental Hero Neos". Jaden plays this, then uses "Polymerization" and "Rainbow Dragon" to play "Rainbow Neos" for the win.

Exchange of the Swords
Normal Trap
Activate only when your opponent's monster declares an attack on your face-up Attack Position "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero", or "Evil Hero" monster, or "Rainbow Neos". The attack target's ATK becomes the ATK of the attacking monster, and the ATK of the attacking monster becomes the attack target's original ATK until the end of this turn.

An interesting card made just for Jaden and Aster. I'm not sure how to give it a drawback, but as it is, it would definitely be Limited or Forbidden.

Volcanic False Start
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only during your opponent's Battle Phase during the turn after you Set this card by selecting 1 "Volcanic" monster you control, other than "Volcanic Doomfire" (activating this card is not optional). That monster and your opponent's monster in Attack Position with the highest ATK battle immediately. After the battle resolves, return to the Start Step of this Battle Phase, and the turn player's monsters may attack as if the Battle Phase had just begun.

An odd card for another one of the characters (O'Brien in Japanese, I forgot his dub name). Useful if your monster's stronger than your opponent's best, but very easy to misuse.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Useful if your monster's stronger than your opponent's best, but very easy to misuse.

Umm...dude, the point of this thread is to post your cards and let others rate them; not do the rating yourself. No offense, but patting yourself on the back like this is...sort of sad. How about commenting on someone else's cards for a change? :\

Like so:

Body Swap: This is...pretty trippy. You could probably wrap your deck around this card; just make its sole function drawing and searching for a crapload of cards, three copies self-destruct button for backup and then add one copy of this. (only one, because we don't want our opponent drawing into this and reversing the situation) Play this, then spend the rest of the duel exploiting your opponent's strategy while they are stuck, unable to do anything but draw a bunch of cards and stall out. Ehh...I'm pretty sure that someone would find a way to abuse this so bad that it would get banlisted, but interesting concept all the same.

Mind you, this could use a ruling for graveyard/remove from play procedures. Standard is that cards sent to the graveyard go to the original owner's graveyard, so is that the case here too or what? Add a line about that into the effect.

Exchange of the Swords: Eh...I dunno' about general usefulness (as in, why we'd use this instead of direct blow-up like Sakuretsu). Pretty much only for D-Hero since the others have pretty good stats (Well, the ones that sane people use, anyway; let's not get into Avian and the junk battalion) and it would be sort of funny to have Malicious smash face instead of just walling. Problem is, though, the viable targets for this card are typically divided into the ones who don't really need it (Stratos, Wildheart, E-Hero fusions, Ocean) and the ones who don't mind going to the graveyard in the first place (Malicious, Disc Commander, Fear Monger etc.).

So yeah, looks like something you'd expect in the anime, but not really flexible enough for serious play.

Volcanic False Start: Problem: how do you call a 'must activate' on something that's face-down on the field? I can see things getting really ugly when people start demanding to check each other's face-downs ('Cause hey, it might be Volcaninc False Start, sort of the same thing as with calling Mokey Mokey with Dark Designator, but with more abuse going on because you don't even need to run a specific card in your deck) and if you have to show that you set it then the card fails completely because your opponent will know that it's there and summon a bigger monster than anything you have out. Besides, if you've set this and don't have a volcanic, then what? o.o I'd say change it to Normal Spell with something like "Select a 'Volcanic' monster on your field other than 'Volcanic Doomfire'. On your opponent's next turn after this card's activation, the highest Atk monster on your opponent's Field must attack the selected monster." (the 'must attack' wording forces your opponent to enter the battle phase).

Not really useful at all. If your opponent is going on the offensive (I.e. entering battle phase) to begin with then they will already have something to smack your monster down with. Nothing in volcanic besides Doomfire tops 1900 as I recall, so you wouldn't be liable to cause much damage with this (especially since it's the strongest monster that attacks x.O) and so the question of why not use a better card pops up. Restricted targets allow for stronger effects (Think Amazoness Archers class for a card like this, the effects are pretty close too except archers runs on amazons and basically trumps this in every way). Given the general line of volcanics, maybe add some extra field destruction or burn for destroying the monster that's forced to attack? (sort of creating a miniature doomfire) That kind of card I could actually see being used, provided that the effect is strong enough.

Aaaanyways, all this rambling just made me realize that I haven't showed any love for volcanics yet. Can't leave them out in the cold, can I?

Volcanic Jackhammer
Pyro/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 800 Def

When this card destroys your opponent's Monster as the result of Battle, send one Pyro Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. Then, select one Monster on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Yeah, probably too exploitable, eh? After LaDD, I honestly don't know anymore. x3

Target Setup
Normal Spell

Look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monster cards that can be Normal Summoned, select one of them and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. When a monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the original Atk of the destroyed monster.

Volcanic Potshot
Continuous Trap

If "Blaze Accelerator" or "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Whenever your opponent summons a Level 3 or lower Monster, discard one Pyro Type Monster from your Hand to destroy that Monster. If "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is on your Field, you may discard a Pyro Type Monster from your Deck for this effect instead.

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Umm...dude, the point of this thread is to post your cards and let others rate them; not do the rating yourself. No offense, but patting yourself on the back like this is...sort of sad. How about commenting on someone else's cards for a change? :\

I wasn't rating my own cards. I was explaining possible uses, so that people wouldn't look at the name and say something idiotic like, "Dude, why the hell would you want to use a card called that?!"

Like so:

Body Swap: This is...pretty trippy. You could probably wrap your deck around this card; just make its sole function drawing and searching for a crapload of cards, three copies self-destruct button for backup and then add one copy of this. (only one, because we don't want our opponent drawing into this and reversing the situation) Play this, then spend the rest of the duel exploiting your opponent's strategy while they are stuck, unable to do anything but draw a bunch of cards and stall out. Ehh...I'm pretty sure that someone would find a way to abuse this so bad that it would get banlisted, but interesting concept all the same.

Mind you, this could use a ruling for graveyard/remove from play procedures. Standard is that cards sent to the graveyard go to the original owner's graveyard, so is that the case here too or what? Add a line about that into the effect.

Exchange of the Swords: Eh...I dunno' about general usefulness (as in, why we'd use this instead of direct blow-up like Sakuretsu). Pretty much only for D-Hero since the others have pretty good stats (Well, the ones that sane people use, anyway; let's not get into Avian and the junk battalion) and it would be sort of funny to have Malicious smash face instead of just walling. Problem is, though, the viable targets for this card are typically divided into the ones who don't really need it (Stratos, Wildheart, E-Hero fusions, Ocean) and the ones who don't mind going to the graveyard in the first place (Malicious, Disc Commander, Fear Monger etc.).

So yeah, looks like something you'd expect in the anime, but not really flexible enough for serious play.

Volcanic False Start: Problem: how do you call a 'must activate' on something that's face-down on the field? I can see things getting really ugly when people start demanding to check each other's face-downs ('Cause hey, it might be Volcaninc False Start, sort of the same thing as with calling Mokey Mokey with Dark Designator, but with more abuse going on because you don't even need to run a specific card in your deck) and if you have to show that you set it then the card fails completely because your opponent will know that it's there and summon a bigger monster than anything you have out. Besides, if you've set this and don't have a volcanic, then what? o.o I'd say change it to Normal Spell with something like "Select a 'Volcanic' monster on your field other than 'Volcanic Doomfire'. On your opponent's next turn after this card's activation, the highest Atk monster on your opponent's Field must attack the selected monster." (the 'must attack' wording forces your opponent to enter the battle phase).

I'll add a line that reads, "This card cannot be placed on the field except by the effect of a card that would require this card to be shown to your opponent, or by showing it to your opponent, then Setting it." That way, you can still get it with "Spell Calling". You wouldn't be able to Set it with the effect of "Dust Tornado", though.

Not really useful at all. If your opponent is going on the offensive (I.e. entering battle phase) to begin with then they will already have something to smack your monster down with. Nothing in volcanic besides Doomfire tops 1900 as I recall, so you wouldn't be liable to cause much damage with this (especially since it's the strongest monster that attacks x.O) and so the question of why not use a better card pops up. Restricted targets allow for stronger effects (Think Amazoness Archers class for a card like this, the effects are pretty close too except archers runs on amazons and basically trumps this in every way). Given the general line of volcanics, maybe add some extra field destruction or burn for destroying the monster that's forced to attack? (sort of creating a miniature doomfire) That kind of card I could actually see being used, provided that the effect is strong enough.

Aaaanyways, all this rambling just made me realize that I haven't showed any love for volcanics yet. Can't leave them out in the cold, can I?

Volcanic Jackhammer
Pyro/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 800 Def

When this card destroys your opponent's Monster as the result of Battle, send one Pyro Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. Then, select one Monster on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Yeah, probably too exploitable, eh? After LaDD, I honestly don't know anymore. x3

See? You're doing the same as I did. :P

Target Setup
Normal Spell

Look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monster cards that can be Normal Summoned, select one of them and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. (You choose the position in which the monster is summoned) this part's unnecessary When a monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the original Atk of the destroyed monster.

Volcanic Potshot
Continuous Trap

If "Blaze Accelerator" or "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Whenever your opponent summons a Level 3 or lower Monster (Including Flip Summon) (you can just say "Summon" and cover all types of Summoning that way), discard one Pyro Type Monster from your Hand to destroy that Monster. If "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" is on your Field, you may discard a Pyro Type Monster from your Deck for this effec instead.

And you can always Chain a "Shrink" or something and target appropriately to make your monster stronger than your opponent's best (after resolution). For example, if I pick "Volcanic Rocket" with "Volcanic False Start", and you have "Raiza the Storm Monarch", I can Chain "Rush Recklessly" to "Volcanic False Start", targeting "Volcanic Rocket". Now your monster's forced to ram itself into the Graveyard.

Anyway, please refrain from trying to analyze what I do in the future. You clearly don't know me well enough to be accurate about it. No offense.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
I was explaining possible uses, so that people wouldn't look at the name and say something idiotic like, "Dude, why the hell would you want to use a card called that?!"

If someone judges a card just by looking at the name then odds are that they wouldn't read your comments either. But yeah, it's mostly the whole 'useful etc.' that gave me that feeling.

Ehh...never mind. Though really, there's no way Exchange of the Swords would get limited; it's just Amazoness Spellcaster in Quick-Play for a different set of monsters.

I'll add a line that reads, "This card cannot be placed on the field except by the effect of a card that would require this card to be shown to your opponent, or by showing it to your opponent, then Setting it." That way, you can still get it with "Spell Calling". You wouldn't be able to Set it with the effect of "Dust Tornado", though.

Which is pretty self-defeating. If your opponent knows that this card is down there they also know to take it account, which defeats the biggest asset of a face-down (the fact that your opponent can never be sure what you have until it's been flipped and thus has to estimate the risks). Think about it: if your opponent sets a card that forces attacks (when they have only weaker monsters on the field) and then sets another face-down, would you go into battle without neutralizing the other face-down first? Because I wouldn't, really. It just seems like the kind of opponent this would be useful against is the kind who'd attack into a face-up Decoy Dragon while you have a graveyard packed with level 8 dragons.

And you can always Chain a "Shrink" or something and target appropriately to make your monster stronger than your opponent's best (after resolution). For example, if I pick "Volcanic Rocket" with "Volcanic False Start", and you have "Raiza the Storm Monarch", I can Chain "Rush Recklessly" to "Volcanic False Start", targeting "Volcanic Rocket". Now your monster's forced to ram itself into the Graveyard.

Which makes me wonder, why bother with False Start at all, then? If your opponent's monster is stronger than yours they'll usually attack you with it anyway (this is what makes Rush and Shrink good to begin with), so all you've really accomplished is add an additional -1 for yourself. Like I said, if it had some strong extra effect for that destruction it would be worth considering, but as it is...it's not really doing anything that your average opponent wouldn't do themselves anyway. If they're scared of face-downs they wouldn't enter the Battle Phase to begin with so you wouldn't get to play False Start, if they're not scared of face-downs then they'll attack anyway and run straight into Shrink/Rush without False Start's assistance. Either way, the card itself is irrelevant and doesn't affect the outcome in any way. Therefore: what does this card accomplish? As in, what is the situation where playing this will result in a different outcome than not playing this? Because I can't find a plausible one. o.O

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's....

Makai Overlord Harlal
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/6*
Atk 2400/Def 2000
When this monster is tribute summoned successfully, you may declare one card name. Both players search their decks and graveyards for any cards of that name and remove them from play.

Angel Sky Spirit Trainee Nnolfe
Monster/Light/Fairy/Effect/4*
Atk 1400/ Def 1300
When this monster is normal summoned successfully, select and activate one of the following effects:
-Gain one thousand life points
-Your opponent gains one thousand life points. Remove from play two monsters in your opponent's graveyard.

Overlord's Right-Hand Official, Tane
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/4*
Atk 1700/ Def 1400
When this monster is normal summoned successfully, select one monster your opponent controls with fewer or equal attack points to this monster's original attack and remove it from play.

So, whaddya think? And twelve cookies to anyone who can guess what these three monsters are referencing. (Harlal and the crossed-out text with Nnolfe are dead giveaways).

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
So, whaddya think? And twelve cookies to anyone who can guess what these three monsters are referencing. (Harlal and the crossed-out text with Nnolfe are dead giveaways).

Twelve cookies? Aww...but I suck at spotting obvious references. I think I'll pass.

Makai Overlord Harlal: Just say "Both players remove all cards with the declared name in their Decks and Graveyards from play." Search your deck is not really done in YGO. Ehh...good for specific sniping but bad in the sense that you're revealing your Deck in the process. Still, it's monarch-size and all so fair enough.

Sky Spirit Trainee Nnolfe: So now we're giving off Life Points just to hit the graveyard? Eh...looks sort of desperate to me, and the stats aren't that glorious (nor is a 1000 point boost). I dunno'...I think I'd sooner go Kycoo even thought that means I have to connect before I get to remove.

Overlord's Right-Hand Official, Tane: "remove from play one monster on your opponent's Field with an Atk equal to or lower than the Atk of this card". Now this I can see splashed. It immediately pays itself back and snipes out recruiters, immortal walls etc. Good card to play, definitely, one set ago I'd have said too good. (But since that was before Royal Firestorm Guards...)

Exile in the Different Dimension
Continuous Spell

When this card is activated, select one monster on the Field and remove it from play face-down. The Monster Card Zone the selected monster was in is treated as occupied for as long as this card remains face-up on the Field. After a number of turns equal to the level stars of the removed monster, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed by a card effect other than its own, the monster removed from play by this card's effect is returned to the Field in its original position.

Also, something based on a silly and forgotten set of cards:

Aussa of the Earthquake

Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Earth
2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three EARTH Attribute monsters, including at least one "Aussa the Earth Charmer" or "Avalanching Aussa". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one EARTH Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon up to two EARTH Attribute Monsters from either player's Graveyard.

Eria of the Tide
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Water
2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three WATER Attribute monsters, including at least one "Eria the Water Charmer" or "Raging Eria". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one WATER Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select two cards at random from your opponent's Hand and discard them.

Hiita of the Wildfire
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Fire
2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three FIRE Attribute monsters, including at least one "Hiita the Fire Charmer" or "Blazing Hiita". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one FIRE Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, inflict 2000 Damage to your opponent.

Wynn of the Tempest
Spellcaster/Effect
8 Star/Wind
2800 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand or Deck by tributing three WIND Attribute monsters, including at least one "Wynn the Wind Charmer" or "Storming Wynn". Once per turn, you may Special Summon one WIND Attribute Monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select two cards from your opponent's Field then place one of the selected cards at the top of your opponent's Deck and the other at the bottom of your opponent's Deck.

Familiar Merged - Aussa
Spellcaster/Effect
6 Star/Earth
2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Aussa" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster as the result of Battle, all monsters on your opponent's Field are switched into face-up Defense Position and can not change their Battle Positions (other than by card effect) before your next turn.

Familiar Merged - Eria
Spellcaster/Effect
6 Star/Earth
2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Eria" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster by Battle, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and discard it.

Familiar Merged - Hiita
Spellcaster/Effect
6 Star/Earth
2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Hiita" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster by Battle, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of the destroyed monster.

Familiar Merged - Wynn
Spellcaster/Effect
6 Star/Earth
2350 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when your "Familiar Possessed - Wynn" destroyed a Monster by battle, you may tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, this card gains the following effect:

- This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys your opponent's Monster by Battle, you may return that monster to the top or bottom of your opponent's Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Squee, upgraded charmers! I love the charmer monsters! Of course... this set is just kind of meh. The Familiar-merged have potential because of their excellent effects, but they require too much effort to summon. The "Full-Power" charmers have the same deficiency. Somehow, I don't think they'll see too much play.

Continuing my earlier theme... (If you don't guess it with this card not only do you get no cookies, AE, but I will blast you with a super-demon-fireball attack. Ooohh... burned.)

The Dark Adonis Mid-Boss
Atk 1600/ Def 1600
When this monster is special summoned successfully, select one "Makai Overlord Harlal" in your deck and add it to your hand. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select one card in your opponent's hand and remove it from play (you may only activate this effect if your opponent has more than three cards in their hand).

Oh come on, I even kept the name the same. Somebody HAS to guess now... oh, as for the others... their names are anagrams, yah.

Fallen Angel Spirit Nnolfe
Monster/Dark/Fairy/Effect/4*
Atk 1300/ Def 1300
When this monster is normal summoned successfully, remove one spell or trap card on your opponent's side of the field from play.

Prinny
Monster/Dark/Aqua/Effect/3*
Atk 900/ Def 900
When this monster is sent to the graveyard as a result of battle, deal damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards that have been removed from play x300.

EDIT: Ooh... I just realized that Overlord Harlal is pretty dang abusable in a Macro Cosmos deck. Think about it: the rules don't say that you have to SNIPE with him. You could just as easily remove all three copies of your D.D. Survivor from the game and end up with a field full of deadly monsters. (Not to mention the fact that since you control Harlal's effect, the made-up Kura Neko line completely screws the opponent over). Yah, maybe suggestions to balance him a little more in that regard?

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mid-Boss: a bit too strong. 1900 is big for a no-tribute beatstick, and the remove from play (though somewhat more limited than zaloog's discard) is pretty hefty. Ehh...drop the Atk down a notch.

Fallen Spirit Nnolfe: another one that pays itself back right from the get-go. Just...have you given any consideration to what you're doing to Mei Kou, you heartless person, you? :< I'm going to say Atk down again. Instant CA compensation is a very powerful effect. I'm pretty sure that my anarchist (which only did his thing when your opponent had more S/T and only destroyed) was 1500. =O

Prinny: there's some way to abuse this, I'm sure. But then removing a lot from play but not removing this is a bit of a challenge, so fair enough. (Netherworld <3s this little bugger, though)

EDIT: Ooh... I just realized that Overlord Harlal is pretty dang abusable in a Macro Cosmos deck. Think about it: the rules don't say that you have to SNIPE with him. You could just as easily remove all three copies of your D.D. Survivor from the game and end up with a field full of deadly monsters. (Not to mention the fact that since you control Harlal's effect, the made-up Kura Neko line completely screws the opponent over). Yah, maybe suggestions to balance him a little more in that regard?

D.D. Survivor isn't a problem. Its effect only triggers if it's removed from the field; you'd just ditch your own survivors from the game by removing them from your deck or graveyard. The best it can do is abuse your own monster line (which, let's face it, is already ridiculously abusable by a number of other cards including Necroface and Cosmos, so this would hardly be the make or break card for them) or summon triple D.D. Scout Plane, but Scout Plane becomes a crappy Atk, attack position monster on your field and only summons on the End Phase (not to mention being one of the most horrid topdecks ever) so it's very much a double-edged sword already. Ehh...I dunno', you can make it remove from just the graveyard or just the deck if you want a tone-down, but I don't think it's called for, really.

As for the elemental charmers...they're actually not as hard to summon as you make it out to be. Aussa gets a very easy out thanks to Scapegoat, Wynn can do the same thing with Dandylion's Fluffy Tokens, and Cloudian Sheep Cloud leaves two water attribute tokens for Eria. All things considered, the only one without a clear abuse outlet would be Hiita...but I'm sure that there's something for that too. (Though, mind you, Fox Fire is a persistent field presence that could later be tributed for the special summon) Anyways, at least Aussa and Wynn can easily be summoned on turn one (Set Aussa and play Scapegoat or Stray Lambs (or Special Summon Hero Kid in whatever way you wish to get two more onto your field)/Summon Wynn and use Foolish Burial to drop Dandylion into the graveyard). My main concern is whether or not they're strong enough to warrant playing over Plasma. But I can't really drop the requirements 'cause then the "familiar possessed"s become even more screwed by the competition than they are now. x.O

Concerning the merged familiars...hmm...though it sort of goes against it, I'll remove the special summoned clause from the tribute material. That should make these very easy to play.

Aaanywhoo...since you mentioned summoning problems:

Alchemic Conjuration
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by selecting a FIRE, EARTH, WATER, or WIND Attribute monster on your Field when the only monsters on your Field are face-up monsters with the same Attribute as the selected monster. Special Summon two Elemental Minion Tokens (Fairy Type/? Attribute/4 Star/1000 Atk/1000 Def) to your Field in Attack Position. The Attribute of each Elemental Minion Token becomes the Attribute of the monster you selected to activate this card. Elemental Minion Token can not be offered as Tribute except for the Tribute Summon or Effect of a monster with the same Attribute as Elemental Minion Token. Whenever you summon a monster with a different Attribute than Elemental Minion Token, Elemental Minion Token is destroyed and you take 1000 Damage.

Still too hard to get into play, ACC? xD

Anyways, a bit of this and that...

Cleanse Tag
Continuous Trap

When this card is activated, select a "Parasite Demon" Monster on your opponent's Field and equip it with this card (treated as an Equip Spell Card). Reduce the Atk and Def of the equipped monster to zero. When this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Parasite Demon" monster, select and activate one of the following:

- Inflict Damage to your opponent equal to half the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

- Gain Life Points equal to the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

Immunity Breaker
Continuous Spell

While this card is face-up on the Field, the effects of "Parasite Demon" monsters on you opponent's Field can not be negated and "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field can not be removed from the field by any card effects your opponent controls.

Parasite Demon Hatchling
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when your opponent pays Life Points for the effect of a "Parasite Demon" monster. When this card is activated, it becomes a Continuous Spell Card and is placed in your opponent's Spell and Trap Card Zone. During each of his/her Standby Phases, the controller of this card pays Life Points equal to 200 x the number of your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field. When this card is destroyed while treated as a Continuous Spell Card, select one "Parasite Demon" Monster from your Hand or Deck whose level stars are lower than or equal to the number your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field and Special Summon that Monster to your opponent's Field, ignoring summoning conditions.

Parasite Fusion

Quick-Play Spell

Select one Monster on your opponent's Field, then select a "Parasite Demon" with the same number of Level Stars as the selected monster from your Hand or Deck and discard it. For as long as it remains face-up on the Field, the monster you selected is treated as a "Parasite Demon" Monster and its effect becomes the effect of the monster you discarded.

(Basically, just powered it up a little by allowing deck discard)

Seal Preserver
Fairy/Effect
6 Star/Light
2000 Atk / 800 Def

Discard this card from your Hand to add one "Cleansing Seal" from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. When Summoning this card, you may reduce the level of this card by the number of "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field. When the level of this card is 3 or lower, you may treat the Normal Summon of this card as a Special Summon. While this card is face-up on the Field, "Cleansing Seal" on your Field can not be removed from the Field.

(Because I couldn't get over how weird it was to have a parasite search for a field spell that hurts parasites. o.O So yeah, this replaces Nefreeti and Guardian of the Sacred Seal. :3)

Effemary Wingbeat
Normal Spell

Special Summon one "Aether Fairy" Monster from your Graveyard and destroy it.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Mid-Boss: a bit too strong. 1900 is big for a no-tribute beatstick, and the remove from play (though somewhat more limited than zaloog's discard) is pretty hefty. Ehh...drop the Atk down a notch.

You comment, yet you do not guess the theme? Feel my wrath! *Blasts with demon fireball* Sure, attack lowering shall be in order. Maybe 1700, same as Tane?

Fallen Spirit Nnolfe: another one that pays itself back right from the get-go. Just...have you given any consideration to what you're doing to Mei Kou, you heartless person, you? :< I'm going to say Atk down again. Instant CA compensation is a very powerful effect. I'm pretty sure that my anarchist (which only did his thing when your opponent had more S/T and only destroyed) was 1500. =O

Mei Kou is a loser, end of story. My monsters shall forever destroy him. HA-HA-HA-HA... *gets shot and turned into Prinny for sins* NVM. And yesh, attack lowering shall be in order. (Come to think of it, the person Nnolfe is based on isn't all that combat-heavy anyway).

Prinny: there's some way to abuse this, I'm sure. But then removing a lot from play but not removing this is a bit of a challenge, so fair enough. (Netherworld <3s this little bugger, though)

First rule of dueling: until you think of a way to abuse a card, it is balanced. It is only when some bright spark figures out just HOW to abuse it that the card becomes broken. XD

D.D. Survivor isn't a problem. Its effect only triggers if it's removed from the field; you'd just ditch your own survivors from the game by removing them from your deck or graveyard. The best it can do is abuse your own monster line (which, let's face it, is already ridiculously abusable by a number of other cards including Necroface and Cosmos, so this would hardly be the make or break card for them) or summon triple D.D. Scout Plane, but Scout Plane becomes a crappy Atk, attack position monster on your field and only summons on the End Phase (not to mention being one of the most horrid topdecks ever) so it's very much a double-edged sword already. Ehh...I dunno', you can make it remove from just the graveyard or just the deck if you want a tone-down, but I don't think it's called for, really.

o.o I forgot about that little clause in Survivor's effect... Yah, alright, Harlal keeps his position as resident LaDD removal expert and combo destroyer.

As for the elemental charmers...they're actually not as hard to summon as you make it out to be. Aussa gets a very easy out thanks to Scapegoat, Wynn can do the same thing with Dandylion's Fluffy Tokens, and Cloudian Sheep Cloud leaves two water attribute tokens for Eria. All things considered, the only one without a clear abuse outlet would be Hiita...but I'm sure that there's something for that too. (Though, mind you, Fox Fire is a persistent field presence that could later be tributed for the special summon) Anyways, at least Aussa and Wynn can easily be summoned on turn one (Set Aussa and play Scapegoat or Stray Lambs (or Special Summon Hero Kid in whatever way you wish to get two more onto your field)/Summon Wynn and use Foolish Burial to drop Dandylion into the graveyard). My main concern is whether or not they're strong enough to warrant playing over Plasma. But I can't really drop the requirements 'cause then the "familiar possessed"s become even more screwed by the competition than they are now. x.O

Oh come on, please. So you're saying that not only do I have to run a deck heavy in one element, I now have to run lots of tokens to break out my key monster? Thanks but no thanks. The Creator is already highly superior to these guys, and even Dark Creator looks more appetizing to me. But hey, maybe just prejudice that I didn't create full-powered charmers first. *cries* Ah, Wynn.... nobody must ever know of our forbidden love... *shot'ed big time*

Concerning the merged familiars...hmm...though it sort of goes against it, I'll remove the special summoned clause from the tribute material. That should make these very easy to play.

Aaanywhoo...since you mentioned summoning problems:

Alchemic Conjuration
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by selecting a FIRE, EARTH, WATER, or WIND Attribute monster on your Field when the only monsters on your Field are face-up monsters with the same Attribute as the selected monster. Special Summon two Elemental Minion Tokens (Fairy Type/? Attribute/4 Star/1000 Atk/1000 Def) to your Field in Attack Position. The Attribute of each Elemental Minion Token becomes the Attribute of the monster you selected to activate this card. Elemental Minion Token can not be offered as Tribute except for the Tribute Summon or Effect of a monster with the same Attribute as Elemental Minion Token. Whenever you summon a monster with a different Attribute than Elemental Minion Token, Elemental Minion Token is destroyed and you take 1000 Damage.

Now that's what I call a support spell. Maybe now I'll run them... once I decide on the best monsters to throw into the deck to get revived.

Still too hard to get into play, ACC? xD

Anyways, a bit of this and that...

Cleanse Tag
Continuous Trap

When this card is activated, select a "Parasite Demon" Monster on your opponent's Field and equip it with this card (treated as an Equip Spell Card). Reduce the Atk and Def of the equipped monster to zero. When this card is destroyed while equipped to a "Parasite Demon" monster, select and activate one of the following:

- Inflict Damage to your opponent equal to half the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

- Gain Life Points equal to the original Atk of the monster this card was equipped to.

Couldn't you just make it a regular equip spell? You can equip to both sides of the field anyway with normal equip. Just say "equip only to a parasite demon on your opponent's side of the field, blah-blah-blah". Anyway, decent support spell and fits the whole demon theme quite nicely.

Immunity Breaker
Continuous Spell

While this card is face-up on the Field, the effects of "Parasite Demon" monsters on you opponent's Field can not be negated and "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field can not be removed from the field by any card effects your opponent controls.

Ouch. Mei Kou will be hard at work attacking this one, since it basically gurantees victory if paired with Seal.

Parasite Demon Hatchling
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when your opponent pays Life Points for the effect of a "Parasite Demon" monster. When this card is activated, it becomes a Continuous Spell Card and is placed in your opponent's Spell and Trap Card Zone. During each of his/her Standby Phases, the controller of this card pays Life Points equal to 200 x the number of your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field. When this card is destroyed while treated as a Continuous Spell Card, select one "Parasite Demon" Monster from your Hand or Deck whose level stars are lower than or equal to the number your opponent's turns that this card has been on the Field and Special Summon that Monster to your opponent's Field, ignoring summoning conditions.

So basically you're burning yourself for the eventual special summon of a Parasite Demon? Not in a blue moon, thank you very much. Then again, now that I think about it, Parasite players will have more time on their hands because the opponent is tied up behind sealed demons so... I dunno. Balanced definitely, but hard to say whether or not it's underpowered.

Parasite Fusion

Quick-Play Spell

Select one Monster on your opponent's Field, then select a "Parasite Demon" with the same number of Level Stars as the selected monster from your Hand or Deck and discard it. For as long as it remains face-up on the Field, the monster you selected is treated as a "Parasite Demon" Monster and its effect becomes the effect of the monster you discarded.

(Basically, just powered it up a little by allowing deck discard)

WHOOPEE! SUMMON THE DEMON! Yah, -1CA to get a demon is > -2 CA

Seal Preserver
Fairy/Effect
6 Star/Light
2000 Atk / 800 Def

Discard this card from your Hand to add one "Cleansing Seal" from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. When Summoning this card, you may reduce the level of this card by the number of "Parasite Demon" monsters on your opponent's Field. When the level of this card is 3 or lower, you may treat the Normal Summon of this card as a Special Summon. While this card is face-up on the Field, "Cleansing Seal" on your Field can not be removed from the Field.

(Because I couldn't get over how weird it was to have a parasite search for a field spell that hurts parasites. o.O So yeah, this replaces Nefreeti and Guardian of the Sacred Seal. :3)

And oh, how it replaces them. Really, someone needs to call Konami and sell them this idea, it sounds almost plausible. *MEGA SHOT'ED*

Effemary Wingbeat
Normal Spell

Special Summon one "Aether Fairy" Monster from your Graveyard and destroy it.

Yay for spamming the Aether Fairy's effects? o.o So many supports... Eh, fair enough.

Fine, I'll edit Nnolfe down to 1300 Atk and Mid-Boss to 1600 once I'm feeling un-lazy, but for now...

The Demon Slayer Arrives... Maybe?
Ritual Spell
Tribute monsters from your field or discard monsters from your hand whose combined level stars equal seven or higher. Special summon one "The Demon Slayer... Maybe?" From your hand or deck.

The Demon Slayer... Maybe?
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/7*
Atk 2600/Def 2000
When this monster is summoned, flip a coin. If heads, this monster becomes immune to the effects of spell and trap cards. If tails, this monster becomes immune to the effects of monster cards and when it destroys a monster as a result of battle, it may attack once again in a row during that battle phase.

Gabri

m8
Years
Long time, no see... or post XD

Well, here are they:

Solar Eclipse
Ritual Magic Card

Offer monsters in your field as Tributes or discard monsters from your hand whose total number of stars is 8 or more to Special Summon one "Eclipse Knight" from your handto your side of the field.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eclipse Knight
8 Stars
DARK/Warrior/Effect
ATK: 2900/DEF: 2800

Effect: When this monster is attacked by another DARK monster, flip a coin. If heads, that attack does nothing. If this monster is attacked by a LIGHT monster, the attacking monster is destroyed. Any LIGHT monster attacked by this monster is immediately destroyed and no damage calculations are made.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tartarian Gate
Field Magic Card

As long as this card is face-up on the field, both players can Special Summon as much monsters as they have on their hand with "Tartarian" or "Tartarus" on its name on his/her side of the field.
Tartarian Shade
4 Stars
DARK/Zombie
ATK: 1950 / DEF: 500
[No effect]
Tartarian Jinxed Skeletons
6 Stars
DARK/Zombie/Effect
ATK: 1900 / DEF: 1200

Effect: For each face-up "Tartarian Shade" on your side of the field, this monster increases its ATK and DEF by 600.
Tartarian Dinosaur
7 Stars
DARK/Beast/Effect
ATK: 2500 / DEF: 1700

Effect: This effect only happens if "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your side of the field. As long as "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your side of the field, this monster cannot be affected by Magic, Trap or any other card effects.
Titan of Tartarus
10 Stars
DARK/Divine/Effect
ATK: 4200 / DEF: 3800

Effect: While "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your side of the field, this monster can only be attacked by LIGHT monsters.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Oh come on, please. So you're saying that not only do I have to run a deck heavy in one element, I now have to run lots of tokens to break out my key monster? Thanks but no thanks. The Creator is already highly superior to these guys, and even Dark Creator looks more appetizing to me. But hey, maybe just prejudice that I didn't create full-powered charmers first. *cries* Ah, Wynn.... nobody must ever know of our forbidden love... *shot'ed big time*

Hoh-hum, anything that wants to use elemental recruiters effectively already has to commit to their chosen attribute, that alone doesn't make a deck weaker. Quite often, it's actually quite the opposite since there are some very useful attribute-specific cards. (Toolbox decks say 'hiiii') You don't have to do tokens either; they're just an easy way to meet the requirements fast. Besides, Scapegoat is a very painless card to include since those tokens can be offered as tribute for stuff like Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane (trading in for a real monster from your graveyard and further working the graveyard recursion theme that the 'grown' charmers operate on), Creature Swap, Enemy Controller's second effect or even Avalanching Aussa's summon effect.

There are options if you just look for them a little. =O

Couldn't you just make it a regular equip spell? You can equip to both sides of the field anyway with normal equip. Just say "equip only to a parasite demon on your opponent's side of the field, blah-blah-blah". Anyway, decent support spell and fits the whole demon theme quite nicely.

Equip Spells can't be activated on the opponent's turn, so there is a difference, actually. Not that notable, but it's there.

So basically you're burning yourself for the eventual special summon of a Parasite Demon? Not in a blue moon, thank you very much. Then again, now that I think about it, Parasite players will have more time on their hands because the opponent is tied up behind sealed demons so... I dunno. Balanced definitely, but hard to say whether or not it's underpowered.

So...what part of 'control of this card is switched to your opponent' did you miss? Since the controller pays the cost, they take the burn, the S/T clog, and the squatting parasite. ;D

The Demon Slayer Arrives... Maybe?: Won't work. This says Special Summon, yet the inherent rulings of Ritual Monsters state that they can't be special summoned until they have been Ritual Summoned. See the problem here? Please use the actual ritual wording:

"This card can be used to Ritual Summon "The Demon Slayer... Maybe?". You must also offer Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon."

The Demon Slayer... Maybe?: Wording problems. Even though piercing might be allowed now, 'Immunity' still wasn't a YGO term last I checked. Reword time:

When this monster is summoned, Toss a coin. The Effect of this card is determined by the result:

Heads: This card is not affected by Spell or Trap cards.
Tails: This card is not affected by the effects of Effect Monsters. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, it may attack once again in a row-

Eh...seven stars makes it a bit harder for Advanced Ritual Art, but both of these effects are pretty insane. x.x Heads and you've got something that only a well-timed monarch or Exiled/D.D. monster will get rid of. (unless you've got a lot of big beaters in your deck), tails and you get Ultimate Tyranno on drugs. Why on drugs, you ask? Well, that's because unlike Tyranno this doesn't just wipe your opponent's field clear; it also scores a guaranteed direct attack each turn unless it runs into something it can't destroy. And that's not getting into the fact that you can't exile it, D.D. it, Raiza spin it, or Zaborg blast it either. Still, ritual needs stronger monsters, so...I guess that makes it okay? x.O

Solar Eclipse: What is with you peoples? Respect the ritual wording! Now! I command thee! >O

"This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Eclipse Knight". You must also offer Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon."

Eclipse Knight: Believe it or not, mellow, attribute-specific effects still don't make up for the bother of a ritual summon. There are so many better cards you could play. >.<

Tartarian Gate: crazy swarm effect for a bunch of high-Atk brutes. In other words: broken.

Tartarian Shade: vanilla should have flavor text. Ehh...wimpier than Warwolf, not much else to say.

Tartarian Jinxed Skeletons: "This monster gains 600 Atk and Def for each "Tartarian Shade" on your Field". Crappy for a tribute monster. (Seriously, who does tribute flip anyway?) Slate Warrior is no tribute, has precisely as much Atk and gains 500 to each stat through its flip (without situational setup) and also takes 500 Atk and Def off the unfortunate bastard who kills it. Slate Warrior >>> this.

Tartarian Dinosaur: And your wording is way out there like usual. *Sigh* "While "Tartarian Gate" is face-up on your Field, this card is not affected by card effects.". Meh, I'd say overpowered due to the gate plunking it down for free. <.<

Titan of Tartarus: the effect is nothing to call home about, whereas the attack power is completely over the top.

...and you're still up to your old tricks, I see. Overpowered Atks abound with a ridiculously broken summoning method to exploit them. On the other we have a situational ritual monster that's not earning its keep at all. Balance, for the love of all that is sweet and sugary, balance. And check your wordings too.

Honestly, it takes about five minutes to look up a card with a similar effect on YGO Wikia or Metagame.com to check the wording. Am I really the only one here who actually does it? -.-

That aside, a grand finisher for my elemental meddling. :3

Ritual of Transcendence
Ritual Spell

This card can not be targeted by any card effects except its own and the activation and effect of this card can not be negated. During each of your Standby Phases after this card's activation, if this card is in your Graveyard you must offer one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field as tribute. If you do not, this card is removed from play. When you have tributed at least one each of EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters for this effect and the total Level Stars of the tributed monsters equal to 12 or more, remove this card in your Graveyard from play to Ritual Summon one "Doriado - Ruler of the Elements" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Doriado - Ruler of the Elements
Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
12 Star/Light
? Atk / ? Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Ritual of Transcendence". This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the combined original Atk and Def of all Monsters that were tributed for the Ritual Summon of this card. While this card is on your Field, it may use the effects of all EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters on the Field and in both players' Graveyards. By sending one EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard, negate the activation and effect of a Card that would affect this card and destroy it.

Speaking of the crazily situational...I could picture one of those anime characters who are supposed to be freakin' dueling pros playing something like this, though. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Honestly, it takes about five minutes to look up a card with a similar effect on YGO Wikia or Metagame.com to check the wording. Am I really the only one here who actually does it? -.-

No!

That aside, a grand finisher for my elemental meddling. :3

Ritual of Transcendence
Ritual Spell

This card can not be targeted by any card effects except its own and the activation and effect of this card can not be negated. During each of your Standby Phases after this card's activation, if this card is in your Graveyard you must offer one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field as tribute. If you do not, this card is removed from play. When you have tributed at least one each of EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters for this effect and the total Level Stars of the tributed monsters equal to 12 or more, remove this card in your Graveyard from play to Ritual Summon one "Doriado - Ruler of the Elements" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Last I checked, Rituals have to be paid immediately. How about just making it a basic nomi-style?

Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
12 Star/Light
? Atk / ? Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Ritual of Transcendence". This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the combined original Atk and Def of all Monsters that were tributed for the Ritual Summon of this card. While this card is on your Field, it may use the effects of all EARTH, FIRE, WATER, and WIND Attribute Monsters on the Field and in both players' Graveyards. By sending one EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard, negate the activation and effect of a Card that would affect this card and destroy it.

...Joy, a seriously big beatstick with protection and effect absorption. With all of the monsters that we've got around, though, there's undoubtedly a contradiction/ broken combination somewhere (Des Wombat + some neutral burner?)...

Speaking of the crazily situational...I could picture one of those anime characters who are supposed to be freakin' dueling pros playing something like this, though. xD

Yeah.

>.>

<.<

...CRAZY TIME!!!

Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS
Normal Spell
You can only activate this card if you have activated 1 "Shield & Sword" while a "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" monster was face-up on your side of the field this turn. Tribute 1 "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" monster to Special Summon a corresponding "GIANT STATUE!!!!!!" monster from your Hand or Deck.

A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!
EARTH/Rock/Effect
8 Stars/2000 ATK/3000 DEF
This card can only be summoned by tributing 1 "A GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" for the effect of "Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS". This card can attack while in Defense Position. In this case, its ATK is used for Damage Calculation. When this card attacks an opponent's Defense Position monster with a DEF lower than this monster's ATK, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. If this monster is in Defense Position at the time, increase the Battle Damage inflicted by 500.

ANOTHER GIANT STATUE!!!!!!
EARTH/Rock/Effect
8 Stars/1000 ATK/4000 DEF
This card can only be summoned by tributing 1 "ANOTHER GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" for the effect of "Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS". This card can attack while in Defense Position. In this case, its ATK is used for Damage Calculation. While this card is in Defense Position, whenever your opponent selects 1 of your "A GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" or "A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!" monsters as an attack target, you may have your opponent flip a coin. If the result is heads, the attack continues normally. If the result is tails, the attack target is changed to this monster.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Last I checked, Rituals have to be paid immediately. How about just making it a basic nomi-style?

Aww...but then I wouldn't get the prettyful blue frame. D= Besides, ritual spells didn't originally care about what monsters your offered and couldn't touch the deck before Advanced Ritual Art entered the game. There's a first time for everything. ;D (That and ritual makes it easier to search)

...Joy, a seriously big beatstick with protection and effect absorption. With all of the monsters that we've got around, though, there's undoubtedly a contradiction/ broken combination somewhere (Des Wombat + some neutral burner?)...

Oh come on, it's a freakin -4 in CA at best! Not to mention that you need to have those four attributes at hand and only get your monster four turns after activating the freakin' card. What did you expect? Another Gate Guardian? -.- As for illegal combinations...won't happen. The use of all effects is purely optional, so in case of contradictory ones you'd only get one of them activated. Secondly, since it says that the card 'may use' (as opposed to 'gains') it can only steal ignition effects. Permanents like Spell Canceler and Des Wombat are out of bounds.

Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS: Wording problem. 'matching' isn't an YGO term. That should be something like "Tribute 1 "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" Monster on your Field in order to Special Summon a monster that designates the tributed Monster in its card effect from your Hand or Deck."

A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Ho-hum, it needs that "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned..." shtick since the current wording doesn't prevent setting. Also, we're now allowed to just say 'This card inflicts piercing damage' for piercing attacks. Some fancy schmancy new wording on a Cyberdark Horn card, apparently. Ehh...sort of like Total Defense Shogun except harder to get out. I think I'll pass. x.O

ANOTHER GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Pretty sneaky since the coin toss (as opposed to constant re-direct) might tempt people to attack and chance it. If they do, Canyon + this can cause some major pain. The special summon bother is hampering this, though. Not to mention that it's the easiest thing in the world to blast either of these with a piece of monster removal and leave you with a -2 in CA for all your trouble.

Crimson Vindicator
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Dark
? Atk/? Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your Hand when you receive Battle Damage. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes the amount of Battle Damage you received. You may only activate the effect of one "Crimson Vindicator" at a time.

Mother Parasite - Empyrea
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
8 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 2300 Def

3 differently named "Parasite Demon" Monsters

This card can only be Special Summoned by removing the above Monsters on your opponent's Field from play and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. (You do not use Polymerization) On the turn this Monster is Special Summoned, you may not Summon or Set any other monsters. This card is treated as a "Parasite Demon" Monster and may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" Monster. During each of the controller's Standby Phases, if there are any "Parasite Demon" monsters in either player's Graveyard, the controller of this card selects one of them and Special Summons it to his/her Field, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Hostage Negotiation
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares a Direct Attack. Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and control it until the end of the current Battle Phase. Your opponent may choose to negate this effect. If he/she does, draw three cards. Otherwise, the monster controlled by this effect is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
CV: Gorz's de-powered buddy, I assume? Yeah, double-edged sword to play because you have to take at least one direct attack to make him worthwhile and even then you'll need to take care of the opponent's monster. On the other hand, he special summons himself very easily which makes him a candidate as tribute fodder or for shielding, so okay.

Hostage Negotiation: So basically it's Sakuretsu Armor for direct attacks with a choice that no opponent in his right mind would take in order to get rid of it unless he was on the verge of winning? Nice.

Empyrea: Summoning demons from the graveyard is always fun. Ho yes.

Oh, and I didn't realize that your opponent payed the cost for that card earlier. Oh yes, that is much better. Much, much better.

Hmm.... WHY THE CHTHONIA HAS EVERYONE ASSUMED THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GUESSING MY CURRENT THEME IN CARD CREATION? HUH? YOU CAN'T ALL SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS!!!! (Not to mention the fact that Prinny and Mid-Boss pretty much are dead giveaways).

The Overlord's Daughter
Atk 1500/ Def 1000
This monster may attack twice in the same battle phase if three or more differently named monsters are in the opponent's removed from play pile.

Delal
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1800/ Def 900
This monster's type is also treated as 'fiend'. If two or more differently named monsters exist in the opponent's removed from play cards, this monster deals piercing damage. If five or more differently named monsters exist in the opponent's removed from play cards, this monster's original Atk becomes 2400.

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
Years
*deep breath* Let's give it a go, shall we...?

-- // --

Gallactic Cosmos
Field Spell

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the ATK and DEF of all monsters with "Cosmic" in their card name by 200 points. Increase an additional 100 points for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on either player's side of the field.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator
1600 ATK // 1200 DEF
Pyro / Beast-Warrior
4* / Effect

Increase the ATK of this card by 200 points for each monster on your side of the Field with "Cosmic" in its card name.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover
800 ATK // 1800 DEF
Light / Fairy
4* / Flip

FLIP: Draw a "Moon's Tear" or "Sun's Radiance" card from your Deck to your Hand.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper
1700 ATK // 1100 DEF
Dark / Fiend
4* / Flip

If "Gallactic Cosmos" is not on the Field, destroy this card.

FLIP: Select 1 Monster Card on your opponent's side of the field and destroy it. Destroy an additional card for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your side of the field.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass
200 ATK // 2000 DEF
Dark / Spellcaster
4 * / Effect

While this card is in play, your opponent cannot activate any Trap cards.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger
1100 ATK // 800 DEF
Wind / Winged Beast
3* / Effect

If a Field Spell card other than "Gallactic Cosmos" is in play, discard it and draw a "Gallactic Cosmos" from your Deck to your Hand.

Moon's Tear
Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by tributing two monsters with "Cosmic" in its card name on your side of the field. Special Summon one "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" from your Hand or Deck.

Sun's Radiance
Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by tributing two monsters with "Cosmic" in its card name on your side of the field. Special Summon one "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" from your Hand or Deck.

Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress
2000 ATK // 1900 DEF
Dark / Spellcaster
6* / Effect

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effects of "Moon's Tear".

If "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may discard one monster card on your side of the Field to the Graveyard and increase your Life Points equal to the DEF of the discarded monster.

Sol, The Cosmic Knight
2400 ATK // 1500 DEF
Light / Warrior
6* / Effect

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effects of "Sun's Radiance".

If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may destroy one of your opponent's monster cards inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half the ATK of the destroyed monster.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Hostage Negotiation: So basically it's Sakuretsu Armor for direct attacks with a choice that no opponent in his right mind would take in order to get rid of it unless he was on the verge of winning? Nice.

Well, it's actually stronger than Sakuretsu in the sense that if you don't go for it you essentially lose your Battle Phase, because any sensible player would pick the monster that none of the opponent's other monsters can get past. ;3

Hmm.... WHY THE CHTHONIA HAS EVERYONE ASSUMED THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GUESSING MY CURRENT THEME IN CARD CREATION? HUH? YOU CAN'T ALL SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS!!!!

Okay, fine, I wikied it. You're making blatant Disgaea references. Happy?

Honestly, you're crying for attention almost shamelessly as Icha and his rocks. xD

The Overlord's Daughter: I think the condition should come first. (I.e. "If there are three or more differently named Monsters in your opponent's Removed From Play Pile, this card can attack twice in the same Battle Phase). Ehh...fair enough, I suppose, at least it's strong enough to take on recruiters.

Delal: "If there are two or more differently named monsters in your opponent's Removed From Play Pile, this card inflicts piercing damage. If there are five or more differently named monsters in your opponent's Removed From Play Pile, the original Atk of this card becomes 2400."

Whoa, this is strong. Very strong, actually. A bit of removed from play power and it's a tributeless Chthonian Emperor Dragon with pierce and even before you've removed anything it's a 1800-Atk beatstick. Ehh...I'd say drop its original Atk to 1600, make people work a little before they can reap the benefits.

Gallactic Cosmos: You misspelled 'galactic'. Besides, this name sounds sort of like saying "stellar star". It...sounds sort of tautological. x.O Also, on the wording. First off, because of the new wording practice you can just say ""Cosmic" Monsters" instead of "Monster with "Cosmic" in their names". The second part also has wording problems, that should be something like "For each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field, increase the Atk and Def of each "Cosmic" Monster on the Field by 100."

Weak. Unless there are some strong card effects hinged on using this field then it's not worth playing.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: See above about the wording practice. Weak card again, lukewarm Atk boosts don't pay off, really.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: That's "Add one "Moon's Tear" or "Sun's Radiance" from your Deck to your Hand.". Add; not draw. Bleah, see my comments about the aforementioned cards.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: So what, we can still get the flip effect without cosmos? Ehh...this would be the first worthwhile card in this set if it weren't crippled by being tied to the wimpy field. Flip monsters are classified as Effect too, by the way.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: One-sided, tributeless Jinzo? I could see this being played, but certainly not the rest of the set. Broken, this effect is just too strong for an easily special summoned non-tribute monster.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: cards on the field are destroyed, not discarded. Besides, that would be "on the Field", not "in play". Ehh...new approach to field searching, though given that the old field would be destroyed when you activate the new one, I dunno'. Could do with higher stats, really.

Moon's Tear + Luna: So let me see if I got this straight...I run this situational Normal Spell that costs me two specific monsters on my field (most of which are weak, and which would then be weighing down my deck) so I can summon...a glorified nomi which is a complete dead draw in its own right and has the stats of Gene-Warped Warwolf?

I don't think so. Seriously, nomis are a major liability in a deck, so they need to come with major benefits. This one just doesn't. :\

Oh, right, this has a secondary effect (Which, for some obscure reason, is separated from the original effect). So...if I summon the other ridiculously expensive nomi I can tribute (Tribute, not discard) one of the wimpy little suckers I have to run to summon this in order to...get the equivalent of a more restricted Mystik Wok? No, just no. LP is cheap and this is an expensive method of obtaining it. If I wanted to run a deck packed to the brim with crazily situational cards I'd do Destiny Board, thanks. At least that has, you know, a win condition.

Sun's Radiance + Sol: Ehh...better than Luna, but still not worth the investment by a long shot. With two tributes I can summon Light and Darkness Dragon. (that doesn't require a situational spell card either) Why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would I want to run this instead?

Bleah, they're all too weak (except for Saturn, which is way too strong) and you have a lot of wording problems. (YGO Wikia for the win, peoples. Seriously. >.<) A cosmic theme has the potential to be cool, but these cards just can't manage to get anything productive done. Not only are they weak individually; they have no serious synergies (100 extra Atk here and there doesn't count <.<) and the set as a whole lacks focus or even a clear gameplan of any kind and that completely defeats the purpose of a set.

So like, pick one defining trait for Cosmic monsters. Every proper set of monsters has their own thing (like the Ancient Gear thing is that you can't spring face-downs on the when they attack, or the Crystal Beast thing of crystalizing into the back row for future use), once you've got a centralized theme (not in names, but in effects) you can then focus on creating a winning strategy for the set. :3

To exemplify...

Deepsea Anemone
Aqua/Effect
2 Star/Water
800 Atk / 500 Def

When this Face-down card is attacked, you may flip this card Face-up to destroy the attacking Monster. After this effect is activated, return this card to the bottom of your Deck

Depth Charger
Sea Serpent/Effect
3 Star/Water
500 Atk / 500 Def

During your Main Phase, you may return up to three cards from your Graveyard to the bottom your Deck. For each card returned to your Deck by this effect, increase the Atk of this card by 500 until the end of the turn. When this card is destroyed by battle, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and return it to the bottom of his/her Deck.

Elusive Conger
Sea Serpent/Effect
4 Star/Water
1600 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card would be affected by a card effect controlled by your opponent, you may return it to the bottom of your Deck instead.

Phantom Whale
Aqua/Effect
8 Star/Water
2800 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card attacks, your opponent may not activate any Card Effects until the end of the Damage Step. During the Main Phase of a turn when this card hasn't attacked, you may return 2 WATER Attribute Monsters from your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck in order remove this card on your Field from play until your next Main Phase. (The Monster Card Zone this card was in is treated as occupied for this time) On the turn this card is returned to the Field after using this effect, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Seafloor Scavenger
Sea Serpent/Effect
900 Atk / 600 Def
2 Star/Water

FLIP: Add the bottom card of your Deck to your Hand.

Trench Diver
Sea Serpent/Effect
4 Star/Water
1700 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you may look at the bottom three cards of your Deck, then select one of them an place it at the top of your Deck. (the other cards are returned to the bottom of your Deck)

Sunken Treasures
Normal Spell

Guess the names of up to three cards, then -- for each card name you guessed -- reveal a card from the bottom of your Deck. If you guessed all of the card names correctly, draw until the number of cards in your Hand is equal to the number of card names you guessed. If you guessed wrong, your opponent draws a number of cards equal to the number of card names you guessed. Regardless, return all cards revealed by this effect to the bottom of your Deck in their original order.

Undertow
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent activates a Card Effect. Reveal the bottom card of your Deck. If the card you revealed is of the same type as the card your opponent activated (Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster), negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. The card revealed by this effect is returned to the bottom of your Deck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Aww...but then I wouldn't get the prettyful blue frame. D= Besides, ritual spells didn't originally care about what monsters your offered and couldn't touch the deck before Advanced Ritual Art entered the game. There's a first time for everything. ;D (That and ritual makes it easier to search)

Oh come on, it's a freakin -4 in CA at best! Not to mention that you need to have those four attributes at hand and only get your monster four turns after activating the freakin' card. What did you expect? Another Gate Guardian? -.- As for illegal combinations...won't happen. The use of all effects is purely optional, so in case of contradictory ones you'd only get one of them activated. Secondly, since it says that the card 'may use' (as opposed to 'gains') it can only steal ignition effects. Permanents like Spell Canceler and Des Wombat are out of bounds.

Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS: Wording problem. 'matching' isn't an YGO term. That should be something like "Tribute 1 "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" Monster on your Field in order to Special Summon a monster that designates the tributed Monster in its card effect from your Hand or Deck."

A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Ho-hum, it needs that "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned..." shtick since the current wording doesn't prevent setting. Also, we're now allowed to just say 'This card inflicts piercing damage' for piercing attacks. Some fancy schmancy new wording on a Cyberdark Horn card, apparently. Ehh...sort of like Total Defense Shogun except harder to get out. I think I'll pass. x.O

ANOTHER GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Pretty sneaky since the coin toss (as opposed to constant re-direct) might tempt people to attack and chance it. If they do, Canyon + this can cause some major pain. The special summon bother is hampering this, though. Not to mention that it's the easiest thing in the world to blast either of these with a piece of monster removal and leave you with a -2 in CA for all your trouble.

Ehh, that's what I get for being away for so long and being in a bit of a rush. Let's work through this, slowly this time:

Ritual of Transcendence: Seems you're trying to revolutionize a children's card game, hmm? Well, anyway, I still can't see this being played. Not exactly because of the effect, but I can't see any mechanical way of playing it. Every single Spell Card we've got (Ritual spells in particular) all have some sort of effect and/or cost when they're played, with the exception of certain Continuous Spells. This one, though...just says that it can't be negated. There's no actual reason to activate it, kind of like using Lightning Vortex with no monsters on the field. With no reason to activate it, the entire idea is useless. ...I'd say make it a Continuous Spell and turn Doriado into a nomi (just like the MoBC --> DMoC transformation). That way, you can actually play it. Besides, a name like that just seems more like a Continuous to me...besides the "Ritual" part, of course. Change that to "Rite" and there you go.

As for the actual effect...well, we have albeit-slow ways to abuse that (Treeborn, Fox Fire, and the Charmers themselves), so fair enough. This is also begging for recursion just as much as most Rituals.

Doriado - Ruler of the Elements: It isn't the loss in CA that makes me worry about this one as much as the almost limitless ATK. I mean, if you tribute one of each matching Monarch that's 9600 ATK right then and there. ...Yeah, that's not so likely, so let's try something a bit more realistic:

Gagagigo - 1850 ATK
Slate Warrior - 1900 ATK
Morphing Jar - 700 ATK
Fox Fire - 300 ATK

Total: 4750 ATK

That even beats out BEUD and most Evil Gaias. Add to that the possible added effects from whatever monsters might be out there and the self-protection and I think it just might be well worth it.

Reformation: I was trying to go for wording similar to "Trail of the Princesses"...

Statues: Hey, if you want to tribute 2 monsters to set a monster that will undoubtedly get Nobleman'd, then go ahead. As for the "piercing" thing, I think I'll avoid the lazy way out, thank-you-very-much. They're actually designed as more of an afterthought, since using the Shield & Sword in the first place will usually result in an attack. This way, it doesn't leave you with a 0-ATK monster at the end of your turn.

Honestly, you're crying for attention almost shamelessly as Icha and his rocks. xD

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, I'm done with them. Okay?

To exemplify...

Deepsea Anemone
Aqua/Effect
2 Star/Water
800 Atk / 500 Def

When this Face-down card is attacked, you may flip this card Face-up to destroy the attacking Monster. After this effect is activated, return this card to the bottom of your Deck

Hmm...not too bad. All I've got to say is "Convulsion of Nature follow-up says hi."

Depth Charger
Sea Serpent/Effect
3 Star/Water
500 Atk / 500 Def

During your Main Phase, you may return up to three cards from your Graveyard to the bottom your Deck. For each card returned to your Deck by this effect, increase the Atk of this card by 500 until the end of the turn. When this card is destroyed by battle, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and return it to the bottom of his/her Deck.

The exact opposite of Card Trooper...and I can see it getting played a lot easier, especially along with its cousin. Pretty useful for mill or burn decks, or even a general toolbox. Definitely tech-worthy.

Elusive Conger
Sea Serpent/Effect
4 Star/Water
1600 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card would be affected by a card effect controlled by your opponent, you may return it to the bottom of your Deck instead.

...I see no point in this other than avoiding control-switching or helping with the support.

Phantom Whale
Aqua/Effect
7 Star/Water
2800 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card attacks, your opponent may not activate any Card Effects until the end of the Damage Step. During the Main Phase of a turn when this card hasn't attacked, you may return 2 WATER Attribute Monsters from your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck in order remove this card on your Field from play until your next Main Phase. (The Monster Card Zone this card was in is treated as occupied for this time) On the turn this card is returned to the Field after using this effect, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Raise it one more level; a monster with an effect as accessable as this one really shouldn't be in the range of A Legendary Ocean. Otherwise, we still have searcher help, and I know you're going to be abusing this with the support, so...

Seafloor Scavenger
Sea Serpent/Effect
900 Atk / 600 Def
2 Star/Water

FLIP: Add the bottom card of your Deck to your Hand.

...And what did I just say? All of those effects automatically go up in usefulness. I can so see this creating loops with copies of itself.

Trench Diver
Sea Serpent/Effect
4 Star/Water
1700 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you may look at the bottom three cards of your Deck, then select one of them an place it at the top of your Deck. (the other cards are returned to the bottom of your Deck)

Useful even out of its set. Selective drawing is always useful.

Sunken Treasures
Normal Spell

Guess the names of up to three cards, then -- for each card name you guessed -- reveal a card from the bottom of your Deck. If you guessed all of the card names correctly, draw until the number of cards in your Hand is equal to the number of card names you guessed. If you guessed wrong, your opponent draws a number of cards equal to the number of card names you guessed. Regardless, return all cards revealed by this effect to the bottom of your Deck in their original order.

Ehh...good if you're topdecking and know what they are, but the downside...meh.

Undertow
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent activates a Card Effect. Reveal the bottom card of your Deck. If the card you revealed is of the same type as the card your opponent activated (Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster), negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. The card revealed by this effect is returned to the bottom of your Deck.

Mmm...I think I would rather just negate it outright.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ritual of Transcendence: Seems you're trying to revolutionize a children's card game, hmm? Well, anyway, I still can't see this being played. Not exactly because of the effect, but I can't see any mechanical way of playing it. Every single Spell Card we've got (Ritual spells in particular) all have some sort of effect and/or cost when they're played, with the exception of certain Continuous Spells. This one, though...just says that it can't be negated. There's no actual reason to activate it, kind of like using Lightning Vortex with no monsters on the field. With no reason to activate it, the entire idea is useless. ...I'd say make it a Continuous Spell and turn Doriado into a nomi (just like the MoBC --> DMoC transformation). That way, you can actually play it. Besides, a name like that just seems more like a Continuous to me...besides the "Ritual" part, of course. Change that to "Rite" and there you go.

Oh, fine, fine, Continuous it is then. I missed the whole activation bit.

Gagagigo - 1850 ATK
Slate Warrior - 1900 ATK
Morphing Jar - 700 ATK
Fox Fire - 300 ATK

Total: 4750 ATK

That even beats out BEUD and most Evil Gaias. Add to that the possible added effects from whatever monsters might be out there and the self-protection and I think it just might be well worth it.

And you're saying all of these make for a functioning deck together? Remember: you have to stay alive until you can find the spell, activate it, and assemble one each of the required attributes (not to mention endure the four-turn period of losing out on a card each standby phase). Yes, you get an indomitable beatstick, but then a random Dragon's Mirror or Overload Fusion can be splashed to create a higher Atk monster for far less investment. Yes, this one has self-protection, but that's one-for-one trade in a situation where you have already committed to a five-for-one trade to begin with. Would I be completely missing my mark if I said that your hand and field wouldn't exactly be teeming with excess monsters to toss? Besides, this effect has the LaDD weak of only resolving once per chain, so anything you chain to the negation effect will get through.

Meh, I'd see the deck using more self-replacers, recruitables, and stuff that stays on the field, really. Something like, oh...say we have a persistent machine types theme...

Card Trooper - 400 Atk
Treeborn Frog - 100 Atk
Gyroid 1000 atk
Cyber Phoenix - 1200 Atk

Total: 2700

Big beaters don't tend to stay on the field for long and are harder to search out, so the more of them you run the smaller your chances of having the right ones at hand when it's time to pitch. Bleh, fine, I'll use the level stars to determine the power. Better? -.-

Reformation: I was trying to go for wording similar to "Trail of the Princesses"...

Trial specifically names the monsters, though. ("Special Summon from your hand or Deck: 1 "Princess Pikeru" if you Tributed "White Magician Pikeru", or 1 "Princess Curran" if you Tributed "Ebon Magician Curran".") Didn't use corresponding there either, and then you say you don't want to go the lazy people's way. xD

Statues: Hey, if you want to tribute 2 monsters to set a monster that will undoubtedly get Nobleman'd, then go ahead. As for the "piercing" thing, I think I'll avoid the lazy way out, thank-you-very-much. They're actually designed as more of an afterthought, since using the Shield & Sword in the first place will usually result in an attack. This way, it doesn't leave you with a 0-ATK monster at the end of your turn.

Well, if my option is to run an otherwise worthless spell card that can only be played when I've already played another specific spell card on the same turn...

Raise it one more level; a monster with an effect as accessable as this one really shouldn't be in the range of A Legendary Ocean. Otherwise, we still have searcher help, and I know you're going to be abusing this with the support, so...

Support abuse? *Innocent smile* I would never.

Nah, point taken. 8-star it is, makes it another Trade-in target too.

Mmm...I think I would rather just negate it outright.

Umm...I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Is this something about the wording of the negation or the conditions for it? x.O

Aaanyways...

Rite of Transcendence (Ironically, this was the original name of the card. xD)
Continuous Spell

The activation and effect of this card can not be negated and this face-up card can not be removed from the Field by any Card Effects other than its own. During each Standby Phase, offer one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster (other than a token) from your Hand or Field as tribute. If you do not, this card is destroyed. When you have tributed at least one each of EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND Attribute Monsters for this effect and the total Level Stars of the tributed Monsters equal to 12 or more, send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon one "Doriado - Ruler of the Elements" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Spellcaster/Effect
12 Star/Light
? Atk / ? Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Rite of Transcendence". The Attribute of this card is also treated as EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes 300 x the combined Level Stars of all Monsters tributed for the effect of the card this card was Special Summoned by. This card may activate the effect of any EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster on the Field or in either player's Graveyard. During either player's turn, you may discard one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand in order to negate the activation and effect of a card that would affect this card and destroy it.

And now for something completely different, inspired by a rather sucky card from Phantom Darkness:

Spiritual Light Art - Generosity
Normal Trap

Tribute one LIGHT Attribute Monster on your Field to activate this card. Shuffle one card from your Hand into your Deck then draw three cards. Your opponent may negate this effect. If he/she does, look at your opponent's Hand then select one card and shuffle it into his/her Deck.

Last edited:

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
Years
Alter Ego said:
Gallactic Cosmos: You misspelled 'galactic'. Besides, this name sounds sort of like saying "stellar star". It...sounds sort of tautological. x.O Also, on the wording. First off, because of the new wording practice you can just say ""Cosmic" Monsters" instead of "Monster with "Cosmic" in their names". The second part also has wording problems, that should be something like "For each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field, increase the Atk and Def of each "Cosmic" Monster on the Field by 100."

Weak. Unless there are some strong card effects hinged on using this field then it's not worth playing.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: See above about the wording practice. Weak card again, lukewarm Atk boosts don't pay off, really.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: That's "Add one "Moon's Tear" or "Sun's Radiance" from your Deck to your Hand.". Add; not draw. Bleah, see my comments about the aforementioned cards.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: So what, we can still get the flip effect without cosmos? Ehh...this would be the first worthwhile card in this set if it weren't crippled by being tied to the wimpy field. Flip monsters are classified as Effect too, by the way.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: One-sided, tributeless Jinzo? I could see this being played, but certainly not the rest of the set. Broken, this effect is just too strong for an easily special summoned non-tribute monster.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: cards on the field are destroyed, not discarded. Besides, that would be "on the Field", not "in play". Ehh...new approach to field searching, though given that the old field would be destroyed when you activate the new one, I dunno'. Could do with higher stats, really.

Moon's Tear + Luna: So let me see if I got this straight...I run this situational Normal Spell that costs me two specific monsters on my field (most of which are weak, and which would then be weighing down my deck) so I can summon...a glorified nomi which is a complete dead draw in its own right and has the stats of Gene-Warped Warwolf?

I don't think so. Seriously, nomis are a major liability in a deck, so they need to come with major benefits. This one just doesn't. :\

Oh, right, this has a secondary effect (Which, for some obscure reason, is separated from the original effect). So...if I summon the other ridiculously expensive nomi I can tribute (Tribute, not discard) one of the wimpy little suckers I have to run to summon this in order to...get the equivalent of a more restricted Mystik Wok? No, just no. LP is cheap and this is an expensive method of obtaining it. If I wanted to run a deck packed to the brim with crazily situational cards I'd do Destiny Board, thanks. At least that has, you know, a win condition.

Sun's Radiance + Sol: Ehh...better than Luna, but still not worth the investment by a long shot. With two tributes I can summon Light and Darkness Dragon. (that doesn't require a situational spell card either) Why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would I want to run this instead?

Bleah, they're all too weak (except for Saturn, which is way too strong) and you have a lot of wording problems. (YGO Wikia for the win, peoples. Seriously. >.<) A cosmic theme has the potential to be cool, but these cards just can't manage to get anything productive done. Not only are they weak individually; they have no serious synergies (100 extra Atk here and there doesn't count <.<) and the set as a whole lacks focus or even a clear gameplan of any kind and that completely defeats the purpose of a set.

So like, pick one defining trait for Cosmic monsters. Every proper set of monsters has their own thing (like the Ancient Gear thing is that you can't spring face-downs on the when they attack, or the Crystal Beast thing of crystalizing into the back row for future use), once you've got a centralized theme (not in names, but in effects) you can then focus on creating a winning strategy for the set. :3

Thanks for the tips. I was afraid of making the cards too powerful, and as a result I made them too weak. Figures. >>;

As for the wording, thanks for re-directing me to somewhere useful - all I used as basis for the above were my old Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which are all quite outdated. As such... hopefully they'll be better now. As for the theme, hopefully I got it figured now. Your examples were quite useful, thanks.

--//--​

Stellar Galaxy
Field Spell

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the ATK and DEF of all "Cosmic" monsters by 300 points. Also, any monster without "Cosmic" in their card name that inflicts Battle Damage to a player's Life Points by attacking directly is removed from play.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator
1600 ATK // 1400 DEF
Pyro / Beast-Warrior
4* / Effect

Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each monster on your side of the Field with "Cosmic" in its card name. If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is on your side of the Field, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover
600 ATK // 2400 DEF
Light / Fairy
6* / Effect

While there is a face-up "Stellar Galaxy" card on your side of the field, this card can be Normal Summoned without tributing monsters. If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is destroyed as a result of battle, this monster is destroyed instead.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper
1700 ATK // 1400 DEF
Dark / Fiend
4* / Flip Effect

FLIP: Select 1 Monster Card on your opponent's side of the field and remove it from play. Destroy an additional card for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your side of the field.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass
400 ATK // 2600 DEF
Dark / Spellcaster
6* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing a Trap card in your Hand from play. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent's Trap Cards cannot be activated.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger
1400 ATK // 1100 DEF
Wind / Winged Beast
3* / Effect

If a Field Spell card other than "Stellar Galaxy" is in play, discard it and add a "Stellar Galaxy" from your Deck to your Hand.

Moon's Tear
Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by discarding a card from your Hand. Special Summon one "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Sun's Radiance
Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by discarding a card from your Hand. Special Summon one "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress
2500 ATK // 2400 DEF
Dark / Spellcaster
8* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 2 "Cosmic" monsters. If "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may destroy one of your opponent's monster cards and increase your Life Points equal to the DEF of the destroyed monster.

Sol, The Cosmic Knight
2900 ATK // 2000 DEF
Light / Warrior
8* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 2 "Cosmic" monsters. If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may destroy one of your opponent's monster cards and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster.

--//--​

I'm still not that certain about some of the wording, though it's at least better than last time. =P

Back