• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
So I patched my game and loaded it up, and the game freezes. The game audio is still playing. but the main screen is frozen. Not sure if this is a bug in the game or VBA is just being weird. I'm using Beta 2 and used NUPS patcher

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2019
mrmoonbeam when u open up G3HS yeah it will have a bunch of errors but then it will show u a recovery box the amount of pokemon u put is 1020 then for the moves is 511 then the types is 24 and the abilites is 156 and also for advance map there is a threa that will tell u how to add how much pokemon u want in advance map

and as for xerveltal yes there will be mega stones and gen 6 items as some of that has already been added thanks to MRDS rombase

and also i finshed sinnoh cries i will be working on unova and kalos cries now

I tried that but i got this error I am new to patching this rom base sorry. :( that was using beta 2

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 31

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Are u using 1.0 or 1.1 version of fire red? And maybe try No$gba and see what happens

And as for RedXZero it will give u those errors the first time it should give u a recovery option then afterwards and then put on these values for the following

Number of mons = 1020
Number of moves = 511
Number of types = 24
Number of abilities = 156

Also are u using the INI that is provided? If it's not provided in the beta 2 download it is provided in the beta 1 download

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
Are u using 1.0 or 1.1 version of fire red? And maybe try No$gba and see what happens

And as for RedXZero it will give u those errors the first time it should give u a recovery option then afterwards and then put on these values for the following

Number of mons = 1020
Number of moves = 511
Number of types = 24

Also are u using the INI that is provided? If it's not provided in the beta 2 download it is provided in the beta 1 download

I'm using a independent version (not sure what that means, but i'll try to find a 1.0 or 1.1

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2019

Number of mons = 1020
Number of moves = 511
Number of types = 24

I tried I even did the name ini the same as the rom and I used the (E) version and not the independent version

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 20

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I tried I even did the name ini the same as the rom and I used the (E) version and not the independent version

Dude that's the PGE INI the one for G3HS is named pokeroms.ini and it stays that way and then do the instructions above

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2019
Dude that's the PGE INI the one for G3HS is named pokeroms.ini and it stays that way and then do the instructions above

Ok I did it... only with the instructions either I have a 1.1 v rom or the I did something wrong.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 16
Years
I guess....But since we can expand our roms, I guess it's doable

RAM isn't ROM. You can't expand RAM. And you can only have 128kilo bytes in one save file. Though, it seems there is some unused RAM in the area after ~ 0203E000 which I suppose could be put to the saveblocks.
Actually if we assume that the area 0203E000 0203FFFF is all free, that leaves us with 8191 bytes. Since one pokemon takes 80 bytes, we could have around 100 additional pokemon along with boxes' names and the wallpapers. We could get rid of the checksum and 2 not used bytes in the growth substructure, so the pokemon would be 96 bytes long, which could enlarge the boxes' capability.
There's also 240 bytes of DMA in the saveblocks area, so that could be used as well.
If you didn't understand anything of my rambling, don't worry. The takeoff is that the expanding the box space is a hard and complex thing to do that requires fiddling with the save files and RAM areas. And I don't think making a patch for it would be a good idea since it'd use lots of space that could potentially be used by a hacker.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
sorry to say but i have to put off on form/formes for a while because i cant seem to insert the item images in and also when i tested the arceus and giratina code nothing happened i even made sure i used the hex version of the index and the actual pokedex number as well as the index that was shown in PGE

so i have a question does anyone have info regarding habitats and how to expand it? or maybe some sort of solution as to how im supposed to go about inserting the evolution methods? because those are what i want to work on next

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Ok I did it... only with the instructions either I have a 1.1 v rom or the I did something wrong.

To check the version of FR you have, run a clean version of the rom.
If a green "PRESENTS" appears under the Gamefreak logo, that's version 1.1.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Nah that's not irrelevant I'm just trying to get the scripts to work in order to get rotom forms done because XSE keeps giving me an error

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
RAM isn't ROM. You can't expand RAM. And you can only have 128kilo bytes in one save file. Though, it seems there is some unused RAM in the area after ~ 0203E000 which I suppose could be put to the saveblocks.
Actually if we assume that the area 0203E000 0203FFFF is all free, that leaves us with 8191 bytes. Since one pokemon takes 80 bytes, we could have around 100 additional pokemon along with boxes' names and the wallpapers. We could get rid of the checksum and 2 not used bytes in the growth substructure, so the pokemon would be 96 bytes long, which could enlarge the boxes' capability.
There's also 240 bytes of DMA in the saveblocks area, so that could be used as well.
If you didn't understand anything of my rambling, don't worry. The takeoff is that the expanding the box space is a hard and complex thing to do that requires fiddling with the save files and RAM areas. And I don't think making a patch for it would be a good idea since it'd use lots of space that could potentially be used by a hacker.

Ohw I misread the post sorry

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
4/28/16 update well it's not really an update but I only added in the EXP Box graphic hope no one minds that I did that and took out the original one anyway I'm going to hopefully get habitats done as well as the pesky evolutions when I figure out how to do them

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
okay now i have a question for you guys since Ollie11 found out that i might not be able to have the new evolution methods working since its not responding or something like that i am wondering if u guys want to do some alternate methods to the evolution for the ones above that are still not completed?

Years
I don't understand what to do after I patch the rom, could you explain it please, sorry if this was answered already.

Back