• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Person vs Third Person?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Do you mostly prefer playing in first person, or third person? Or does it depend on which game it is?

pkmin3033

I dunno, I think both have their good and bad points. I generally prefer third person perspective because the vast majority of my games are played from that perspective...the problem with that is that there is infinitely more potential for the camera to go wrong. Infuriatingly so. When third person is done right, it's fantastic. But when it isn't...

In games that offer me the choice between both I generally go with third person, though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I prefer watching and playing a story with set characters, thus I prefer third person generally due to this reason.

Not to mention that FPSs that define the Xbox are generally the worst types of games and community in terms of gaming for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
First person makes me a bit queasy for some reason - it's bearable in some games but near unplayable in others, probably has to do with mouse sensitivity/how fast your character spins or looks around.

So generally I prefer third person but there are some games I still play in first person only, like I cannot get used to third person Minecraft, for example.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Depends on what kind of games you play , competitive GPS like counter strike are great to have first person cuz you need more necessary elements to look than your character , first person tends to give more focus on aiming guns.

Third person is good for surrounding , aesthetic views . I play game like warframe and I like the third person perspective for this cuz I can look my nice character and also have more field of view to look what to shoot.

Different I think in both mode is field of view, when you plat third person it's more view than in first person but first person can be helpful to concentrate on critical situation.

TY

First person, third person feels odd to me 9/10 times. Especially in shooters I much rather have first person, but there are games where I prefer third person, although those games are rare.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Depends on how good the gameplay is in each mode. When I play Skyrim, I prefer playing in 1st Person because it's easier to turn the camera around, but in GTA 5 I usually play in 3rd person since it just looks better IMO.

Back