• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
images in spoiler, trying not to take up too much space.
Spoiler:

Why does that little grey box show up? The text isn't overflowing... anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Your ROM was probably messed up, if you keep backups you should check them and continue from the one that doesn't have the same glitch in the intro.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
the-ben said:
when im hacking gold.. how do i edit the connections in it?
cant seem to do it with gold map

You have to use Hex they look like this: [Map bank][Map Num.][2-Byte connection pointer(Bank of Blockdata)][2-Byte connection destination(what way you enter)]
[Height][Width][Y position of Hiro][X position of Hiro][2-Byte window(upper left block after entering a map)]

cooley said:
For gold you would have to Use a Hex editor.
And I have Attached a Scripting Documents that refers to Scripting in Gold and Silver. You should be able to learn something from that.

My Question: How do you pallete hack tiles using a hex editor?

The Scripting document does not have connections in it...

Palletes, now open up VBA and go to Tools> Pallete Viewer, click on one of the palletes, let's sya the Value of the pallete is 4567 in VBA. Now open hex and search for 6745 as it is the flipped value from which you began, edit 6745 until you get the right pallete...APE's colour picker could come in handy ;)

boon

Normal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2007
can somone help me? when I open A-text it says:
"Program to edit texts in Pokemon Advance ROM.
has encountered a problom and needs to close. we are
sorry for the inconvenience."
and then I need to choose between "Send Eror Report"
or "Don't Send"
can sombody help? thank you in advance.

Years
Hello... I've got a question for anyone to answer.

Does anybody know how to change the Hoenn Dex order in Pokémon Ruby? 'Cuz I think playing with standard Hoenn Poké's over and over again is kinda boring.

Thanks in advance.

Please, I HAVE to change the order!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
You have to use Hex they look like this: [Map bank][Map Num.][2-Byte connection pointer(Bank of Blockdata)][2-Byte connection destination(what way you enter)]
[Height][Width][Y position of Hiro][X position of Hiro][2-Byte window(upper left block after entering a map)]
What do you input for "2-byte"?

How do you add a map for Gold?

How do you add/edit peoples Scripts in Gold?

Please answer. Thanks for posting the connections format.

Years
How can I turn someone into an item?
In Elite Map. Mouse-over on wanted sprite, remember its Index or Position (X, Y) (in object info on the right). Then go to Objects > People. Find wanted "person", then click Become > Item Ball.
Last thing to do is to write a script giving an item.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
How can I turn someone into an item?
Just put the sprite no. as 92 (an Item) in advance Map, then put Script events for it.

Just like Bill in Fr/Lg.
i did that but now virdan city and route 1 dont connect
Viridian City and Route 1 already connect. I'll explain in a picture
Warning ! Big Explanation
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back