• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
i see you can get riolu early ?? definitely playing this
Yup, I'm making some Pokemon such as Riolu earlier in the game, so teams can be built a bit earlier. But they won't be that easy to find/or catch. They will be catchable throughout the times of the day such as either morning/day/afternoon/evening/night.
----------
I call this mini event, the Wreck Check...

-----

-----
I'm also planning to add a "Trick-Meister" house.
-----

-----
And here are a fledge of random screenshots:
-----
[URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_99_zpsa0ff2973.png.html][/URL]
-----
And here's a very important place in Taejo.
Have fun finding it!

-----
This was my team at the end of the incoming beta:
-----

-----
I made the leveling and level curve balanced as possible!

Last edited:
Years
Your hack looks amazing, I really like your screenies. I will play Beta 2.3 for sure, I'm sure it'll be great.

I have a question, though. In your last screenshot, you said that's your final team at the end of the incoming beta. I read somewhere there are 5 badges in Beta 2.3. So, five badges, and a lv 16-20 team? How's that?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Your hack looks amazing, I really like your screenies. I will play Beta 2.3 for sure, I'm sure it'll be great.
I have a question, though. In your last screenshot, you said that's your final team at the end of the incoming beta. I read somewhere there are 5 badges in Beta 2.3. So, five badges, and a lv 16-20 team? How's that?
There's four badges now. I excluded the fifth badge city. It couldn't make the cut. There's just too many scripts and events that I'll have to do. Since this game have two full regions, the level curves are going to be adjusted (just like GSC). But it is still balanced, challenging and fun, unlike Johto's low level curve. I started the game's leveling around level 2 and 3 instead of level 5. And also, I raised 6 Pokemon (5 of them from the very start) as opposed to a few to show an example of what your leveling may look like. I also battled every single trainer possible. And that's with having to raise 6 Pokemon. So in most cases, other people's levels should be higher than mine.
The playthrough I had before this one, I had a level 25 Eevee and two other level 19 Pokemon.
Is this by any chance playable on gpsphone?
What's that? Emulator for the phone? Never heard of it. This is a 32mb game, so maybe it may give problems. Not sure.

Last edited:
Years
Gpsphone is an emulator for iOS devices.. It runs any pokemon game well.. I played flora sky, liquid crystal, resolute, ruby destiny series, etc using that.. The only problem is the music though..

Years
There's four badges now. I excluded the fifth badge city. It couldn't make the cut. There's just too many scripts and events that I'll have to do. Since this game have two full regions, the level curves are going to be adjusted (just like GSC). But it is still balanced, challenging and fun, unlike Johto's low level curve. I started the game's leveling around level 2 and 3 instead of level 5. And also, I raised 6 Pokemon (5 of them from the very start) as opposed to a few to show an example of what your leveling may look like. I also battled every single trainer possible. And that's with having to raise 6 Pokemon. So in most cases, other people's levels should be higher than mine.
The playthrough I had before this one, I had a level 25 Eevee and two other level 19 Pokemon.

Nice, yes, with a full team it's logical that levels are lower. I see you're taking the level curve seriously, good job!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
32mb? Isnt this a hack of FR? Thats only 16mb. Only emerald is 32mb right?.

Excuse me if i dont know some technical info.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
32mb? Isnt this a hack of FR? Thats only 16mb. Only emerald is 32mb right?.

Excuse me if i dont know some technical info.

This entire statement is false, i understand your confusion though.
all pokemon games on GBA are 16 bit but there is a tool in XSE that will extend any GBA pokemon rom to 32 bit extremeley easily

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
New Final Beta 2.3 screenshots have been uploaded. More incoming.
New added mini features that may please all:
- Removable HMs. Meaning that you can teach a new attack over an HM move!
- That annoying hero world map icon is gone, haha. The indicator is good enough.
Don't worry. The Regional Map still tracks your current location in ALL the right places!
- A more refined Pokedex (which is still being worked on).
- Time Based Weather Everywhere!
- Regional birds are now pure Flying Type (I'm looking at you Pidgey).
So they can stop getting PWNED by Fighting Types.
- All 4 - 6 generation Pokemon received high quality cries.
Thanks to this amazing tutorial by Chaos Rush:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293830

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
after reading the first post, I couldn't actually believe the Seijo Easter Egg. After straining my eyes for a few moments, I can sort of see what you're saying lol. Has anybody revealed that yet before you stated it in the intro?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Beta 2.3 released. If you see or spot a bug, please adhere to the:
"Snap Now or Forever Hold Your Peace Policy" Haha. Lol.
after reading the first post, I couldn't actually believe the Seijo Easter Egg. After straining my eyes for a few moments, I can sort of see what you're saying lol. Has anybody revealed that yet before you stated it in the intro?
Haha, nobody told me about it. The funny thing was that it was never intended.
I ended up noticing it when I already inserted it into the game while testing it out! LOL
It looks like I did it on purpose! Hahahaha! It looks GREAT too!

Edit 1 - And when you complete the beta, please save in a Pokecenter.
Edit 2 - To the people that downloaded the game already, stop progress and save in a Pokecenter.
I need put some level scripts in the right slots cause some doesn't work in some slots.
I re-release will be made shortly.
Edit 3 - Re-release added.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I mean when you go looking the first gym leader he blocking your way from entering. i started a new game and i am sing the cool rom version
Can you snap a pic cause I am confused. Are you talking about the girl?
You mean the police guard that blocks the cave?

-----

-----

-----
He blocks the cave when you first enter the town and when you talk to him, it freezes?

Last edited:

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Wow.... playing Beta 2.3.1 and Iam LOVING it seriously i think this aswel as Pokemon discovery have REALLY good chances of making HOTY 2014 my one and only complaint ( besides my failure at OW spriting ) is that some of the music is VERY drab and containg but a few tracks, which can be easily helped or ignored but other than that this is REALLY awsome Frozen glad to be working with you

Back