• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Distorted Photopia: With a Hint of Pokémon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
Keywords:
  • Adventure
  • Cheesy Names
  • Deaths of Pokémon and People can and will occur within the story
  • Dystopian Society at least during the beginning
  • Female Protagonist
  • First-Person Writing
  • Pokémon not native to the setting
  • Post-Apocalyptic
  • World-Building has more focus than Pokémon battles

Aiming to follow these points:
  • PG(13) rating story
  • Two to Four updates per month
  • Around 2000 words per chapter

Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Chapter One - City
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
Updated the first post with a few more keywords as I saw fit. If anyone feels that I need to change the rating, or add more keywords for potential new readers (say, for warning purposes), I'd love to hear comments. Definitely not mandatory, because I love lurkers just as much as commenters.

Thank you for reading, or even visiting my thread/story.

Chapter Two - Pokémon
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
Chapter Three - Answers

Spoiler:

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Just caught up to the latest chapter, this is an incredibly unique concept and I'm loving the story so far!
I especially love all the little details of Vee reacting to "ancient things" like writing on paper and doorknobs. The surprised thought about how doors work made me chuckle, it really is a wonder that we don't continually hit people by opening doors.

I can't wait for her reaction to going outside, I expect her to have quite the culture shock! And maybe "body shock" too? If in the City temperature is kept controlled maybe she isn't used to really hot or cold temperatures, or to sweating by standing in the sun all day.

There seems to be quite a conspiracy in place to keep common people confined in the City so I'm curious about these human settlements outside...

On the Pokemon side of things, I like how you described them in the eyes of someone who has never seen them before, it's always fun to play "who's that Pokemon?" by reading descriptions,and I love how you incorporated abilities into the story by having the Metang be pulled against Magneton. Speaking of Magneton, did he stay behind? I suppose it will come after Kana after helping them escape.

Looking forward to the next chapter of this unconventional Pokemon journey.

Back