• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Favourite character: Red or Blue or Green

Years
Okay! The question is simple.

Who is your favorite manga character. Red or Blue or Green

PokemonSpecial/Pokemon Adventures, right?

Are we going by their JP names or their English names? Asking because in the JP release, Blue is the girl, while in the official English release, she is called Green.

Blue, the girl, btw.

Though overall I'd have to give the nod to Sapphire or Platina.

Years
I like all three so that is hard, I suppose Blue though. I think the manga is the most mature and subtle depiction of this iconic character. He is standoffish, but he doesn't actually bully Red the way that he does in the games or Gary Oak does in the anime. He's proud like his counterparts in other mediums yet quiet. Blue also rescues Prof. Oak, saves Pallet, looks for a missing Red, mentors Yellow and repeatedly does several brave things to save the day. He's gruff but he's actually that smart and tough guy you want at your back. Plus he uses Charizard in the manga, nuff said.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Red gets -10 points for not evolving his Pikachu. +10 points for not being another Charizard spammer like every other Red/Ash clone. Honestly not a big fan of any one of them so they tie in my book.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I prefer Green, I'm just going to call her that because that's what I grew up knowing her as, as opposed to Blue. I've always liked how crafty she is, and her backstory really stood out to me. I especially liked what they did w/her character in the FR/LG story arc and G/S/C arc, as well.

Red is okay, I never had any problems with him as a character, but R/B arc Red wasn't my cup of tea, I liked him a lot better when he wasn't the spotlight character, ngl. Well, I did like him as a main chara in FR/LG, though, just not in the R/B chapter.

Eh, Blue is cool, and a lot less arrogant than the game counterpart, but I liked other rival characters (Silver, Sapphire, etc) more than him. He did mature quite a lot, though, which is cool.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Red was actually very likable in the manga. I kept wanting him to be an anime protagonist vs someone so limp wristed like Ash.

I genuinely enjoyed the Red and Yellow arcs of Adventure simply due to Red. It started to lose me when it swapped to Gold, who was very mediocre.

Back