• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] =^w^= The Litter Box =^w^= (a cat lovers club)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
picture.php

The Litter Box
Hello and welcome to the Litter Box! This is the cat lovers club, for people who love all things cats! Whether you have cats of your own, love fictional cats, play a lot of neko atsume, or just wanna look at cat pics and videos, this is the place for you!
Rules & Guidelines
There aren't a whole lot of rules because rules are boring. But please try to follow these so we can have fun discussions that stay on-topic.

BE NICE
Respect everyone else and be positive. Even if someone has the ugliest cat you've ever seen, you had better gush about how much you love it with the rest of us or don't say anything at all. :P
NO SPAMMING PICS (TOO MUCH)
While I desperately want to see every cat photo the internet has to offer, please don't derail conversation by posting off-topic stuff too much! If you wanna share pics, that's great, but also respond to the topic of conversation. :)

I don't think we'll need anything else!
How to Join
Joining is simple: all you have to do is jump right into the discussion and follow the rules.

If you'd like to be added to the memberlist, fill this out! If you don't have any cats or don't want your cats included, just leave that part out. :)

Name/Nickname:
Name(s) of your cat(s):
Picture(s) of your cat(s):

We wanna get to know you so a short introduction when you join is always welcome!
Members
Owner
Cherrim - Cat: Jude Nyathis

Members
Caite-chan - Cats: Missy, Zorro
Sheep - Cats: Fluffy, Ellie
VisionofMilotic - Cat: Totoro
Erik Destler - Cats: Smoky Quartz, Jasper
Adventure
Sylphiel - Cat: Luna
Astinus - Cats: Pretzel, Nova
Kitty
Fairy - Cats: Elijah, Ophelia
KingSwing - Cat: Artemis
LadyJirachu
Hyzen - Previous Cats: Stumpy, Billabong, Bessy/Bestette, and Yoko
Sawsbuck - Cat: Ellie
Kimi - Cat: Yuna Bell
Zero Seven - Cat: Bim

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
Ohhh my gosh they're so cute ;o; I love the pic of them grooming by the sunny window!!

Welcome! :3

Last edited:
Years
Hi there everybody! I'm really happy to find this club.

Name/Nickname: Sam ^_^
Name(s) of your cat(s): Totoro

I have been a surrogate cat mother for years. I feed the neighborhood strays and also have volunteered to take care of cats at my local Humane Society. I recently found a cat at Aarf who was left on the doorstep in a carrier by an unknown owner. The name he was given was Riggs. His story really got to me and I decided to adopt him, and finally bring a cat into my house long-term and not just as a guest. My adoption application has been approved, so he is legally part of my family now :D His new name is Totoro as in My Neighbor Totoro. He is a big, mellow white and gray cat that is a good fit to Miyazaki's creation.

I can't post a picture yet because I haven't received him. I hope that is okay with everyone. He is still healing and seeing the vet, and needs time to recover before he moves in with me. But when I bring him home no power on earth will stop me from posting a photo of Totoro here :)

Last edited:
Years
OMG JANNA AND CAITE WHAT CUTE KITTIES. Erica already knows I think Jude is 2cute. Thanks for making the thread Erica I didn't want to dominate clubs with too many threads :{

Name/Nickname: Tyler/Erik
Name(s) of your cat(s): Smoky Quartz & Jasper
Picture(s) of your cat(s): Here's an album with a billion photos of Smoky Quartz & an album with a billion photos of Jasper.

If we're going to do "Gotcha!!!" stories...
  • We got Smoky on May 1, 2017. It was a few days after we had put down our other cat (due to an advanced case of mouth cancer), and I was just kinda browsing local shelters/rescues/etc. in the area to maybe find another cat. Part of me felt like I should wait, but...it was really rough being home alone without Shadow.

So, on a whim, my friend and I go to PetCo. There are two cats in the cat room - Bullet & Smoky. Bullet is super affectionate, and tries too hard to get attention. Smoky, however, is hiding in the back of her kennel/cage as this couple tries to get her to play with them. They even tried picking her up - and she started howling at them. After they "ooh-ed" and "aww-ed" over Smoky a bit more, they offered me the chance to look at her. I walked up and took the first picture I have in the album for her, and held out my hand. She immediately warmed up to me, and I knew this was the cat we had to adopt.

Meanwhile, the couple was talking to the cat room attendant, asking if they thought Smoky might be there for a few days - they're about to go out of town, and want to adopt her when they get back.

....So, naturally, I send my boyfriend a text message, and tell him that he HAS to come to PetCo the next day to meet this cat.

The rest is history, tbh. She quickly adapted to life in our apartment. She's super vocal, opinionated, and very dramatic. I wouldn't have her any other way.

• Jasper...was kind of an impulse decision. On October 11, 2017, I was finishing up at the doctor when I got a text message from one of our friends. Turns out, her mom found a kitten in a company truck, and wanted to make sure it got to a good home. My boyfriend initially was against it, but after we saw a picture, he changed his mind.

I picked him up, and immediately took him to PetSmart to get him a few basic necessities.

He peed on me. :( It was gross. But, whatever. He was a timid kitten.

I got him home, gave him a bath, and quickly got him acquainted with the apartment. It took a few days to get him used to being indoors, i.e. using a litter box, etc.

They hated each other at first but now they kinda get along.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hewwo furreinds~ uwu I'm Rika! I have yin yang cats: one is gray and one is white. And they are both the fluffiest things you have ever seen. I prefer not to share pictures of them here though. Sowwy o///o;; One is Persian and one is British, cute pedigree furrrballs. If you are truly interested, I will show you pictures in private though :3 *glomps*

edit: well i've already posted pics in public of them elsewhere so maybe a few at some point are ok d:

Last edited:
Years
Name/Nickname: Jess
Name(s) of your cat(s): Luna
Spoiler:

Her name isn't actually meant to be a reference to anything, it was just a name we liked that we found off a list of "good names for gray cats" and didn't think of the implications until after, oops.

She's two years old as of sometime last month, and it's been nearly a year since we adopted her from a local animal shelter after I tragically lost my previous cat. She likes strings, plastic bags, and watching the local wildlife that likes to congregate right outside our windows.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Well, first off... Thank you for reminding me of Neko Atsume! I haven't checked that app in forever. My poor cats...

Secondly, everyone has such adorable cats! They're so sweet, and such beautiful creatures. Give them all some pets for me.

Name/Nickname: Astinus
Name(s) of your cat(s): Pretzel and Nova
Spoiler:

I got them both on the same day, which was two days after my first cat passed away. Got them from the same place I got my first cat, which was nice. Originally, Nova (the tabby) was supposed to be my cat; Pretzel (the Siamese) was supposed to be for my mother. Except Pretzel was attached to me from the very first moment (wouldn't leave me alone no matter how much I tried). So both cats are mine. They follow me all over the house.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Speaking of games, I am addicted to Cat Condo. It's ridiculous, it's basically Cookie Clicker. But they're cute!

Edit: my long haired cats have been doing poorly in this heat :< cats are supposed to be desert creatures originally though.

Last edited:
Years
Name/Nickname: chura / kitty
Name(s) of your cat(s): i had a cat named tiny ;v; im still trying to get a house first before another cat
Picture(s) of your cat(s): its in my phoooooooooooone

but theres cats at work so i can still talk about cats

Years
Spoiler:
THEY'RE BOTH SO CUTE

Speaking of games, I am addicted to Cat Condo. It's ridiculous, it's basically Cookie Clicker. But they're cute!

Edit: my long haired cats have been doing poorly in this heat :< cats are supposed to be desert creatures originally though.
I uhh...never have actually played any cat-related games. D: I think I downloaded the one big popular one but never..actually..opened the app. '-';

Years
Yippee! Now I can complete my application to be a member success at last today! This is my new cat Totorro. This photo was hard to come by because he is very camera shy, it took me three days to get a picture where he wasn't running away the moment he saw a camera. Most of my photos are shots of his tail as he turns to flee.
Spoiler:

Totorro is very affectionate, gentle and calm. I don't think he could scratch anyone on purpose. He is also quite humble, when offered shrimp or scallops he takes a pass for a regular bag of dry cat food to eat instead. He has two different cat beds, but would rather sleep in a shoe box in my closet! I also bought him a fancy jungle gym to play on with a built in scratching post, but he is happiest rolling an old ball back in forth that came from his kennel at the animal shelter. That is my modest cat. He does show an unexpected aide and cut loose at night time though. You can count on Totorro after sleeping all day to wake up at 3:00 am then meow and dance around the room, hopping from one piece of furniture to the next and bounce his ball around and deprive you of a good night's sleep! He is a night owl, his personality in the morning and personality at night is as different as well... night and day lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
How did I only just see this thread? :O

Name: Fairy
Cats: Elijah and Ophelia

Also Neko Atusume, Pusheen, and Mitchiri Neko are life! <33

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

To use your own words... you have no life. Maybe I should go with the ?Have no life? club. Cute cat pictures btw.

Also because I have no life, something funny.

f771a101b121e52c76c3091a.jpg

Quality isn?t the best but it?s funny.

d8d4a2a632ab50243313b3bd.jpg

I'll add one more thing. If you were to recommend a Cat breed, which one would you recommend? My mother loves Russian Blue but I'm curious as to what you all would pick(or do you even care what you get)?

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
(rolls in one week late with starbucks) AAAHHHH IM SORRY EVERYONE FOR FLAKING it's been a hectic week of starting job applications @___@

But welcome, everyone!!!

omg cute af club yes

Name/Nickname: Janna
Name(s) of your cat(s): Fluffy and Ellie (?)
Spoiler:

i love your cats Caite! presh <3 and ofc I'm sure Erica already knows I love hers too, such a naughty but cute kitty lol
Waahhh, have you decided on Ellie(?)'s name for sure yet? She's sooo cute. ;o; How's she adjusting?
Hi there everybody! I'm really happy to find this club.

Name/Nickname: Sam ^_^
Name(s) of your cat(s): Totoro

I have been a surrogate cat mother for years. I feed the neighborhood strays and also have volunteered to take care of cats at my local Humane Society. I recently found a cat at Aarf who was left on the doorstep in a carrier by an unknown owner. The name he was given was Riggs. His story really got to me and I decided to adopt him, and finally bring a cat into my house long-term and not just as a guest. My adoption application has been approved, so he is legally part of my family now :D His new name is Totoro as in My Neighbor Totoro. He is a big, mellow white and gray cat that is a good fit to Miyazaki's creation.

I can't post a picture yet because I haven't received him. I hope that is okay with everyone. He is still healing and seeing the vet, and needs time to recover before he moves in with me. But when I bring him home no power on earth will stop me from posting a photo of Totoro here :)
Yippee! Now I can complete my application to be a member success at last today! This is my new cat Totorro. This photo was hard to come by because he is very camera shy, it took me three days to get a picture where he wasn't running away the moment he saw a camera. Most of my photos are shots of his tail as he turns to flee.
Spoiler:

Totorro is very affectionate, gentle and calm. I don't think he could scratch anyone on purpose. He is also quite humble, when offered shrimp or scallops he takes a pass for a regular bag of dry cat food to eat instead. He has two different cat beds, but would rather sleep in a shoe box in my closet! I also bought him a fancy jungle gym to play on with a built in scratching post, but he is happiest rolling an old ball back in forth that came from his kennel at the animal shelter. That is my modest cat. He does show an unexpected aide and cut loose at night time though. You can count on Totorro after sleeping all day to wake up at 3:00 am then meow and dance around the room, hopping from one piece of furniture to the next and bounce his ball around and deprive you of a good night's sleep! He is a night owl, his personality in the morning and personality at night is as different as well... night and day lol.
Oh my god!!! BABY!!!!!! HE'S SO CUTE SOBBBBBB. How's he doing now? <33

LOL @ preferring dry kibble to shrimp or scallops. I'm sure one day he'll learn to appreciate the finer things in life instead of going for what's tried and true, ahahaha. (My Jude, on the other hand, ignores what's in his food bowl if he's decided what's on your plate is more interesting--whether it's typical cat-friendly food or not, orz.)

I hope he is still adjusting well! Please keep us updated!!!
OMG JANNA AND CAITE WHAT CUTE KITTIES. Erica already knows I think Jude is 2cute. Thanks for making the thread Erica I didn't want to dominate clubs with too many threads :{

Name/Nickname: Tyler/Erik
Name(s) of your cat(s): Smoky Quartz & Jasper
Picture(s) of your cat(s): Here's an album with a billion photos of Smoky Quartz & an album with a billion photos of Jasper.

If we're going to do "Gotcha!!!" stories...
  • We got Smoky on May 1, 2017. It was a few days after we had put down our other cat (due to an advanced case of mouth cancer), and I was just kinda browsing local shelters/rescues/etc. in the area to maybe find another cat. Part of me felt like I should wait, but...it was really rough being home alone without Shadow.

So, on a whim, my friend and I go to PetCo. There are two cats in the cat room - Bullet & Smoky. Bullet is super affectionate, and tries too hard to get attention. Smoky, however, is hiding in the back of her kennel/cage as this couple tries to get her to play with them. They even tried picking her up - and she started howling at them. After they "ooh-ed" and "aww-ed" over Smoky a bit more, they offered me the chance to look at her. I walked up and took the first picture I have in the album for her, and held out my hand. She immediately warmed up to me, and I knew this was the cat we had to adopt.

Meanwhile, the couple was talking to the cat room attendant, asking if they thought Smoky might be there for a few days - they're about to go out of town, and want to adopt her when they get back.

....So, naturally, I send my boyfriend a text message, and tell him that he HAS to come to PetCo the next day to meet this cat.

The rest is history, tbh. She quickly adapted to life in our apartment. She's super vocal, opinionated, and very dramatic. I wouldn't have her any other way.

• Jasper...was kind of an impulse decision. On October 11, 2017, I was finishing up at the doctor when I got a text message from one of our friends. Turns out, her mom found a kitten in a company truck, and wanted to make sure it got to a good home. My boyfriend initially was against it, but after we saw a picture, he changed his mind.

I picked him up, and immediately took him to PetSmart to get him a few basic necessities.

He peed on me. :( It was gross. But, whatever. He was a timid kitten.

I got him home, gave him a bath, and quickly got him acquainted with the apartment. It took a few days to get him used to being indoors, i.e. using a litter box, etc.

They hated each other at first but now they kinda get along.
WAHH I don't think I've ever heard your story of getting Smoky? That's so sweet. I'm glad you got her, although I'm a lil surprised the couple ahead of you wanted her and not Bullet, ahaha. SO GLAD U SNIPED HER THO!!!!

As always I utterly ADORE all your dressed up pics.
Hewwo furreinds~ uwu I'm Rika! I have yin yang cats: one is gray and one is white. And they are both the fluffiest things you have ever seen. I prefer not to share pictures of them here though. Sowwy o///o;; One is Persian and one is British, cute pedigree furrrballs. If you are truly interested, I will show you pictures in private though :3 *glomps*

edit: well i've already posted pics in public of them elsewhere so maybe a few at some point are ok d:
Can confirm, guys, Rika's cats are indeed the fluffiest beings I have ever seen. I'm not entirely sure she hasn't just spent hours photoshopping them, they're so fluffy.
Name/Nickname: Jess
Name(s) of your cat(s): Luna
Spoiler:

Her name isn't actually meant to be a reference to anything, it was just a name we liked that we found off a list of "good names for gray cats" and didn't think of the implications until after, oops.

She's two years old as of sometime last month, and it's been nearly a year since we adopted her from a local animal shelter after I tragically lost my previous cat. She likes strings, plastic bags, and watching the local wildlife that likes to congregate right outside our windows.
Omg this whole time I thought she was just,,,, a Sailor Moon ref,,,,,,,,
Well, first off... Thank you for reminding me of Neko Atsume! I haven't checked that app in forever. My poor cats...

Secondly, everyone has such adorable cats! They're so sweet, and such beautiful creatures. Give them all some pets for me.

Spoiler:

I got them both on the same day, which was two days after my first cat passed away. Got them from the same place I got my first cat, which was nice. Originally, Nova (the tabby) was supposed to be my cat; Pretzel (the Siamese) was supposed to be for my mother. Except Pretzel was attached to me from the very first moment (wouldn't leave me alone no matter how much I tried). So both cats are mine. They follow me all over the house.
Neko Atsume best game. ;o; For about a year before I finally got Jude, I projected hard onto the cats in this game because I so desperately wanted a pet. As dumb as it is, they got me out of a tough time. I legit might get a Playstation VR this year so I can play the virtual reality version because wtf cute!

Also AHHHH YOUR KITTIES. LMAO Pretzel looks like he (she?) has Nova in a headlock ahahaha.

ooh, I haven't played that but it sounds right up my alley. I'll have to check it out! Another fun mobile game related to cats is called Purrfect Spirits. It's a really cute game that takes a few days to complete. It's kinda like Neko Atsume but with plot. (Idk if it's available on iOS though...)

And loool house cats evolved from African Wildcats which had really short hair, so your floofballs are genetic anomalies that are certainly not used to the heat. (However I bet they fare much better in the cold winters than their ancestors would have. :P)
Name/Nickname: chura / kitty
Name(s) of your cat(s): i had a cat named tiny ;v; im still trying to get a house first before another cat
Picture(s) of your cat(s): its in my phoooooooooooone

but theres cats at work so i can still talk about cats
;w; Tell us about the cats at your work aaahh!!!

Oohh I also haven't heard of Mitchiri Neko but now I have something else to check out!!!
To use your own words... you have no life. Maybe I should go with the ?Have no life? club. Cute cat pictures btw.

Also because I have no life, something funny.

f771a101b121e52c76c3091a.jpg

Quality isn?t the best but it?s funny.

d8d4a2a632ab50243313b3bd.jpg

I'll add one more thing. If you were to recommend a Cat breed, which one would you recommend? My mother loves Russian Blue but I'm curious as to what you all would pick(or do you even care what you get)?
I specifically wanted a ragdoll when I finally got a cat. They're often called puppy cats because they're super affectionate (they'll greet you at the door, follow you from room to room, etc.) and they're super chill. They get really big though. My Jude was supposedly a ragdoll, but I didn't get him from a legitimate breeder or anything and didn't see his parents, so I have a feeling he was only half-ragdoll. He's not floofy like a standard ragdoll is and he has pink ears instead of pointed ears, but he has all the other traits I wanted and I kinda prefer him with shorter fur so he's been an absolutely perfect match for me. :3c

If I didn't get a ragdoll, I wanted a munchkin cat. They're like, uh, corgis of the cat world, with short stubby little legs. I think they're absolutely adorable LOL.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
If you were to recommend a Cat breed, which one would you recommend? My mother loves Russian Blue but I'm curious as to what you all would pick(or do you even care what you get)?
I originally thought that I wouldn't mind what breed of cat to get, but after owning one... I adore Siamese cats. They're really affectionate, following the owner all over the house and wanting to sit on laps all the time or be close-by. They're also very vocal, talking way more than other cats. But I like having an affectionate pet that wants to be around me (like a dog) but doesn't require as much care as a dog.

LMAO Pretzel looks like he (she?) has Nova in a headlock ahahaha.
Haha, just this afternoon they were play-fighting, and it's really difficult for Pretzel to get close to Nova. Nova's legs are much longer than Pretzel's, so she has an advantage!

Both my kitties are girls.

(Good luck on the job search!)

Years
Yes, munchkins are adorable!
Siamese too...honestly, all cats are good. <3

@Erica yeah I put Ellie down on her vet records so I'll be going with that. If I get another cat (or dog lol) it'll be yet another female that I'll name Lulu. -silly-
She's getting along v well =') My cat adjusted right away, it was totally safe to have her sniff the kitten and even let her out of the carrier in the first hour. Within 24 hours they were already sleeping next to each other. I'm happy to have such a good cat lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I originally thought that I wouldn't mind what breed of cat to get, but after owning one... I adore Siamese cats. They're really affectionate, following the owner all over the house and wanting to sit on laps all the time or be close-by. They're also very vocal, talking way more than other cats. But I like having an affectionate pet that wants to be around me (like a dog) but doesn't require as much care as a dog.

Haha, just this afternoon they were play-fighting, and it's really difficult for Pretzel to get close to Nova. Nova's legs are much longer than Pretzel's, so she has an advantage!

Both my kitties are girls.

(Good luck on the job search!)

Siamese was the other breed my mother was considering, if she was to get a Cat that is. They haven't had a pet for roughly 18 years. They had a Pharaoh Hound that lived to be 15(beyond the breed's expected lifespan, although the final year or two were tough on him). Early in his life though, he broke through the patio screen door and chased a burglar over the fence(and followed him over said fence by leaping over its 6' height). I don't think Cats can do that :t037:

Back