• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Wonder Guard Version (Emerald Hack) (6/18/16)

Do you like this hack?

• Total voters

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
Pokemon Wonder Guard Version
(Emerald Hack)
attachment.php
*Note: Fakemon shown not available yet.*

Intro:
I'm AeroMaster7 (or BigBoss on PHO). This is my third attempt at a hack after a few years of taking a break. I decided to do something simple and start with a mod-like hack instead of a story hack (which is much harder especially if you're still getting back into hacking). I was active on PC for a while then left and decided to come back to hacking. Anyways enough about me let's get into the hack! :D

PLEASE READ LAST LINE FOR UPDATE

Description:
The storyline follows the same as Pokemon Emerald but the catch is that every Pokemon has Wonder Guard as an Ability instead of their normal Abilities. (Note: Wonder Guard Ability means that only "Super Effective" Moves Hit the foe). I know this sounds silly at first but my reason for creating this game was that so people could use a Randomizer or do Nuzlockes as a challenge not so that people would play it as is. Although you are more than welcome to play it as is too!

Version:
Beta (6/18/16)

Instructions:
Patch the .IPS file to a clean Pokemon Emerald ROM U.S. Edition. (Find it on your own). You can use LIPS or any other patching software (I used LIPS to make the .IPS).

Features/Additions:
Other than the fact that all the Pokemon do not have normal abilities I added some other things with the help of other hackers.

*Fairy Type along with other Fairy moves is now available (Thanks to LLCoolJ95 over at PC and his Emerald Base).
*Sylveon is now available (Thanks to Aethestode who is my inspiration). You can find it instead of the first In Game Trade. (Note: You CANNOT evolve Eevee into Sylveon and you cannot catch it in the wild due to a glitch.)
*Altered Movesets for some Pokemon (I know certain Pokemon do not learn certain moves but I did this in order for the game to be beatable).
*Difficulty increase makes the game somewhat harder but it is not fully complete.
*The starters from all 3 regions can be caught before you get to the first gym. (You'll just have to find them).
*Evolution changes for Pokemon that need to Evolve through trading.
*Marts have different items.
*Event Tickets are purchasable at the Elite 4 (Note: See Glitch Section at bottom).
*DNS: There's a Day and Night System Now.
*Altered Types on some Pokemon.
*Shedinja has more than 1HP to compensate.
*You get to battle me instead of Steven after you beat the game. (May or may not have been accidentally removed)
*Some other surprises you'll have to find on your own :D
*Normal type damaging moves have been retyped
TENTATIVE MAY NOT BE EXACT DUE TO VERSION CHANGES
Future Plans:
Thanks to fellow Expert Emerald Hacker Hoenn and Pokemon Theta Hacker LLCoolJ96

I have something bigger planned something HUGE coming soon!

Glitches:
These are glitches that I cannot resolve at the moment or that are minor enough to be left alone. If you encounter one not here let me know and I will add it. They descend in severity. (The lower you go the more serious).

There are some problems here but I can't find em all yet.

*Sylveon's animation is somewhat glitchy.
*"THE END" Color Scheme is not correct (Not intending to fix this because it will cause more issues and it is not doing anything to harm the game play.)
*Sylveon has no Pokedex entry.
*Some Trainers are unbeatable without certain Pokemon or Moves. Therefore you need to save often and you may have to restart from your last save point.
*If you encounter a Sylveon in the wild for what ever reason (maybe I did not fully remove it) DO NOT CAPTURE IT! Just run away or you will break your save. Only get the one in the In-Game Trade in Rustboro City.

Release Info:
6/18/16 Fixed how normal type moves do not damage anything by retyping them all.

5/2/16 Added a ton of minor features thanks to Dabomstew's Universal Randomizer Tool. Decap, National Dex at the start, running indoors.

4/27/16 Version-Fixed Sylveon not having Wonder Guard

Fixed major glitch not allowing you to KO Zigzagoon. V3.5

Fixed Rival bug and everything should be working. V4

FAQ:
Q: This Pokemon doesn't learn this move!
A:Read above.

Q:Help me I encountered a trainer I can't beat!
A: Save often because this is a hard issue to fix. At the moment there is no solution other than for me to go back and edit every single trainer (which would delay the hack to the point that it will never be finished) or that you enter a cheat that allows you to run from a trainer battle (which I do not recommend) or just restart and quick save before battles.

Q:I can't find this Pokemon?
A:I will do my best to add it but at the moment the only additional Pokemon you will find that are not normally in Emerald are the starters.

Q: Do you need beta testers?
A:If you do play the game you're already a beta tester! :)

Q:Why doesn't the Day and Night System work on my emulator?
A:Just Enable RTC in whatever emulator you use. (This does not need to be done in Android or iOS emulators unless specified.)

Q:What's the point of this hack?
A:I made a hack that I like and it's a challenge hack more so than a story hack.

Q:If I catch Sableye will I be invincible because he has no weakness in Gen 3?
A: Nope :P There's Fairy Type to balance it out so no one is invincible.

Screenshots:
attachment.php

Downloads:
6/18/16 (X will be redone later and so will the new surprise)

The Team:
Just me at the moment :)

SPECIAL THANKS
Aethestode: My mentor and inspiration who created the Pokemon Adventure Hack Series.
LLCoolJ95: For creating the Pokemon Emerald Fairy Base which my ROM Hack is made from over at PC. And for the upcoming surprise I have.
HackMew(3): For all the tools he created that I used.
KarateKid552: Without him this hack literally would not be possible because of all his contributions to the hacking community and all the tools he created that I used.
Hoenn-He has allowed me to use Expert Emerald as a Base so in the next update there will be a lot more progress.

Side Note On Randomizer:
You're welcome to use any randomizer but I suggest not Randomizing the Abilities (Duh!) and the In-Game Trades because you will not be able to get Sylveon that way.

I recommend this http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Suggestions or Comments:
Let me know if you have any ideas, improvements, comments, or concerns! :D

Next Update Will Include
Various Add-Ons and fixes and huge surprise.
In the process of making a Fire Red Version but there are a lot of bugs that are getting in the way so I can only work on it when I figure out the problems. As for Emerald I pretty much have done all I could other than minor Fakemon Additions and that would come in the next update. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

HUGE UPDATE!
Hi guys I know I have been away for awhile but I will be coming back gradually I promise. I released a 5-2-16 .ips that includes fixes for most problems in the Randomized version. The only issue is that it does not have a 386+ patch (YET!) I am working on it and hope to wrap mostly all of it up in the early summer so I can move to a new project (I have a Fire Red version and Platinum version in mind) but first I want to make this fully playable both with and without a randomizer. The one I have uploaded is fully playable without a randomizer and with one so I am going to shift focus on the 386+ one first. I hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

• title.png
    title.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 845
  • Pokemon Wonder Guard (6-18-16).ips
    35 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Interesting idea.

*If you buy the Event Tickets from the Pokemon Center at the E4 they will not work! (I have yet to resolve this but I will soon).

Code:
setflag 0x8B3 'eon ticket
setflag 0x8E0 'mystic ticket
setflag 0x8D6 'old sea map
setflag 0x8D5 'aurora ticket

Make a script that includes these flags somewhere.

Spoiler:

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
Interesting idea.

Code:
setflag 0x8B3 'eon ticket
setflag 0x8E0 'mystic ticket
setflag 0x8D6 'old sea map
setflag 0x8D5 'aurora ticket

Make a script that includes these flags somewhere.

Spoiler:

That's a good idea (but I am horrible at scripting so I tried to avoid it). If anything I'll make it that you find it in a hidden location and see if it works that way if I can't get the script to work.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Did you add Sylveon without replacing any of the 386 pre-existing Pokemon? If yes, you should add these Pokemon too:
Spoiler:

Also, you should implement the physical/special split from the fourth generation if you can. If you can't, you could alter the base stats of some Pokemon to compensate for it.

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
Did you add Sylveon without replacing any of the 386 pre-existing Pokemon? If yes, you should add these Pokemon too:
Spoiler:

Also, you should implement the physical/special split from the fourth generation if you can. If you can't, you could alter the base stats of some Pokemon to compensate for it.
Hi I did not yet implement more Pokemon but I do intend to but without overriding the current 386. Right now only Sylveon was added (but no Pokedex Entry yet). I did this by erasing the 25 MissingNo's between Celebi and Treeko. So I have 24 left and I will probably add some next gen Pokemon as well as my own creations. As far as the physical and special split goes yes with the help of Hoenn there is (as far as I know) a split. At moment I'd like to find a way how to expand the 25 slots without erasing the current 386 but I have no clue so until I do I only have the 24. Thank you so much for the suggestion and I will do my best to do so. And of course if you anymore ideas let me know :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey did you take out all the normal type attacks in the game? (Body slam, Tackle) because it's useless in this game since normal doesn't affect anything with wonder guard.

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
Hey did you take out all the normal type attacks in the game? (Body slam, Tackle) because it's useless in this game since normal doesn't affect anything with wonder guard.
Hi no I didn't but you do have a valid point. I wanted to make it super effective against either fairy or something but I don't really know how since I used LLCoolJ96's Fairy patch which isn't really edit-able. I will figure something out later on but for now I only removed Growl Leer and some other stat move for fairy moves. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
So I tried using am Emerald Randomizer on this hack, and it worked until I went in battle with my rival (1st time), then it was just a black screen before the battle even started...

I'll test and see if this has to do with the randomizer itself or if it's a problem on my emulator (GPSP). Have you tested the rival battle personally?

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
So I tried using am Emerald Randomizer on this hack, and it worked until I went in battle with my rival (1st time), then it was just a black screen before the battle even started...

I'll test and see if this has to do with the randomizer itself or if it's a problem on my emulator (GPSP). Have you tested the rival battle personally?
Hi I'm sorry to hear that. I have tested it without a randomizer and it worked but not on GPSP because I do not have an iPhone. If you can PM me the randomizer you used I can see the issue or a copy of the .IPS after you applied the randomizer along with all the settings. I have a suspicion it maybe Sylveon causing the problem because the Rival may have it after the randomization but I will have to check on it. Thanks for the report and please let me know any other issues if you encounter them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hi I'm sorry to hear that. I have tested it without a randomizer and it worked but not on GPSP because I do not have an iPhone. If you can PM me the randomizer you used I can see the issue or a copy of the .IPS after you applied the randomizer along with all the settings. I have a suspicion it maybe Sylveon causing the problem because the Rival may have it after the randomization but I will have to check on it. Thanks for the report and please let me know any other issues if you encounter them.

I appreciate the speedy reply. Here's an ips file of the game. Note, I also changed all the normal type attacks in move editor to another type to make them useful.

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
I appreciate the speedy reply. Here's an ips file of the game. Note, I also changed all the normal type attacks in move editor to another type to make them useful.

Thanks I will look it over but since I have college I will probably not get to it until the weekend (I apologize)

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
There's no need to apologize. It's your game, your time. I appreciate the help though!

Okay I dissected the .IPS you sent me and I'm sorry to tell you I have no idea why the screen freezes but I have found out something. Your rival has Delcatty so it isn't because of Sylveon. But the randomizer you used is somewhat chaotic. The Pokemon that mauls Birch in the intro is not beatable with the starters. Also some trainers have MissingNo's instead of real Pokemon. I suggest using a different randomizer such as this one http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/ or one that is not volatile. I really wish I could figure out why this happened but I do not know. It could also be a bad patch but again I don't know. I will try my best if this is your only randomizer.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Okay I dissected the .IPS you sent me and I'm sorry to tell you I have no idea why the screen freezes but I have found out something. Your rival has Delcatty so it isn't because of Sylveon. But the randomizer you used is somewhat chaotic. The Pokemon that mauls Birch in the intro is not beatable with the starters. Also some trainers have MissingNo's instead of real Pokemon. I suggest using a different randomizer such as this one http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/ or one that is not volatile. I really wish I could figure out why this happened but I do not know. It could also be a bad patch but again I don't know. I will try my best if this is your only randomizer.

It's weird because that was the first randomizer I tried, but after trying to save it with the changes, it said an error occurred and couldn't save. I then tried the Emerald randomizer, and that's what froze it. You mentioned it could be my emerald rom. Can you post the MD5 of the base to the emerald GBA file you used?

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
It's weird because that was the first randomizer I tried, but after trying to save it with the changes, it said an error occurred and couldn't save. I then tried the Emerald randomizer, and that's what froze it. You mentioned it could be my emerald rom. Can you post the MD5 of the base to the emerald GBA file you used?
It's my own personal rip but I do not know how to get the .MD5 label. If you know a program to do so let me know and I'll send you it. Also you'll have this problem with the randomizer you used no matter what file you use. It's the randomizer not the file. Or so I believe haha.

Sorry for the lack of update but I promise that hopefully by next week I can fix the E4 Mart and find something else to add :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back