• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the largest city you've ever physically been in?

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
I was in Japan not too long ago and I noticed how huge Tokyo seemed (even though I spent most of my time in Kansai) and I go on to later learn that Tokyo is the largest (at least by population) city in the world. What's the biggest city you guys have ever been to?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
new york city, baby! where even the rats have library cards, and the hadid sisters are considered supermodels!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i currently live in atlanta, which is pretty big. and i've been to new york city and london so there's that i guess.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
oh i do hope someone breaks the trend by saying 'LIVE FROM SHANGHAI' or some shit

Years
The six! I was in Toronto when I was a small child because my mom, sister and I were visiting my mom's close friend who recently moved there at the time. I could only imagine how much the city has changed in a decade!

BrilliantPeskyChihuahua-small.gif

Vancouver is the second largest city I've been to and I must confess that I fancy it a tad more than the Ontarian capital.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
new yawk. also London England, idk which is bigger

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
New York City. Was only for a day though so there wasn't much exploring beyond going and hanging out around the Statue of Liberty.

Years
Actually if you go by city proper Shanghai or Chongqing (depending on some other stuff for Chongqing too) is the largest city in the world by population and I've been to both. Tokyo has it for metropolitan area though and I've been there as well. I actually was fairly annoyed by Shanghai on my most recent visit in that the population is huge but unlike most other places in China there is fairly decent driving etiquette. My one taxi journey I took on my most recent visit there took ages because the driver just wouldn't push past the traffic and I instinctively wanted him to haha.

Sirfetch’d

Atlanta I think? I haven't traveled a whole lot but Atlanta is very close and I visit it often.

Bay

Years
Los Angeles. I used to visit there often since it's only over an hour drive from where I lived, but it's been some years since I set foot in that city.

Years
NYC is definitely the biggest, and Seattle and Minneapolis-St. Paul are the only other top 100 metro areas in the world that I've been to.

I've lived in the Greater Vancouver area my whole life though, which is top 3 in Canada, and pretty big in its own right.

Years
NYC also! Although I'm abroad on vacation atm, been living there (not directly in Manhattan itself, one of the other boroughs) since I was 7. 👍

Years
I think it's Paris. Took a very short tour of it and what we saw was really cool. That was a good 12 years ago though, god I'm getting old.

I've technically been driven through Tokyo as a kid to switch airports, and I think we stayed a hotel there once, but we never got to visit. :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Pretty sure London is the most populated place I've been to. There's almost as many people in that city as in my whole country, and I can't even wrap my head around that.

Back