The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Hack Series Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.36 Released]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Old August 6th, 2018 (10:48 AM). Edited August 6th, 2018 by MegaAkers.

Hey. Just a heads up when you change the in game language to French the patch stops working. I applied the patch via Luma and started a new game in French and it all worked fine caught the Torchic then saved it turned it off and back on the patch ceases to work. As soon as I deleted my save data and watched the screen load the patch works again.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 6th, 2018 (8:42 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MegaAkers View Post
      Hey. Just a heads up when you change the in game language to French the patch stops working. I applied the patch via Luma and started a new game in French and it all worked fine caught the Torchic then saved it turned it off and back on the patch ceases to work. As soon as I deleted my save data and watched the screen load the patch works again.
      That's strange, the language should have no effect on anything except the edited title screen (which only works in English) and a few small text edits. What did you check to determine whether or not the patch was working?

Resources:
      Gen IV move editor (Nightmare module)
      Platinum decapitalisation patch/files
      Updated SDSME (in progress)
      Old August 7th, 2018 (2:43 PM). Edited August 7th, 2018 by Rayquaza Master 384.

Hello!

I'm trying to install the standard Rebalanced version of Wilting Y. I followed the steps as needed, including the Luma step and deleting the title updates. The game opens normally but when I select my language (English), I get a black screen with the following message:

"An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 43
        Process name: kujira-2
        Process title ID: 0x0004000000055e00

Address: 0x00127ca4
        Error code: 0xe0e046c1

Press any button to reboot."

I've tried the drag and drop again, and that didn't seem to help. I'm hesitant to reinstall the title updates since to do so I need to update my 3DS system as well, as I'm concerned that might make my custom firmware not work. Any ideas how to solve this? I'm going to be on a roadtrip for much of tomorrow so I'm hoping to have it fixed and ready to go soon.

EDIT: I retried the drag and drop, and this time I got the same error message but with Process ID: 38 instead of 43.

EDIT 2: Tried it again and this time dealt with the Viola nerf file before putting anything onto my SD card, and it works just fine. Probably I was putting that in the wrong place. Thank you anyway!

EDIT 3: Though it seemed like the problems all were solved it turns out that the wild encounter modifications hadn't been applied. How can I solve this?
        Old August 7th, 2018 (6:17 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Rayquaza Master 384 View Post
          Hello!
          EDIT 3: Though it seemed like the problems all were solved it turns out that the wild encounter modifications hadn't been applied. How can I solve this?
          Seeing as you haven't got the title update installed (which is what usually causes that) I'd suggest checking whether or not the wild Pokemon file is on your 3DS SD card; it's a file named "2" in luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1. If it's missing that'll be the problem.

Resources:
          Old August 7th, 2018 (7:42 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
            Seeing as you haven't got the title update installed (which is what usually causes that) I'd suggest checking whether or not the wild Pokemon file is on your 3DS SD card; it's a file named "2" in luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1. If it's missing that'll be the problem.
            I checked, it turns out the entire luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1 folder was missing actually! It works just fine now, thanks!
            Old August 7th, 2018 (8:44 PM).

Quote:
              I checked, it turns out the entire luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\0\1 folder was missing actually! It works just fine now, thanks!
              You're welcome! It might be worth double checking that the other folders are all there before your roadtrip, it's strange that one was missing.

Resources:
              Old August 8th, 2018 (1:29 PM). Edited August 8th, 2018 by Rayquaza Master 384.

Quote:
                You're welcome! It might be worth double checking that the other folders are all there before your roadtrip, it's strange that one was missing.
                I've double checked now and it actually seems like in addition to the "1" folder, folders "7" and "8" are missing. Depending on the contents of those folders I think the standard Rebalanced might actually be a mislabeled Legal mode, since I found those in all other modes, standard Legal included. Rebalanced also only has the "0" folder within "a" whereas the others all have "1" and "2" as well. I actually noticed this as I was playing, moves for example didn't seem changed. My Cottonee learned Mega Drain but it was still the standard 40 base power rather than 60.
                Old August 8th, 2018 (2:13 PM).

Quote:
                  I've double checked now and it actually seems like in addition to the "1" folder, folders "7" and "8" are missing. Depending on the contents of those folders I think the standard Rebalanced might actually be a mislabeled Legal mode, since I found those in all other modes, standard Legal included. Rebalanced also only has the "0" folder within "a" whereas the others all have "1" and "2" as well. I actually noticed this as I was playing, moves for example didn't seem changed. My Cottonee learned Mega Drain but it was still the standard 40 base power rather than 60.
                  Ah I think I see what's happened here. It seems as though you've replaced folders rather than merged them when installing the Viola nerf, so everything in the "a" folder except for the "0" folder was deleted. I'm pretty sure Win 10 made this the default option when overwriting folders with the same name because it sucks for some reason.

I've downloaded the files to check, and they're definitely all there, so I'd have to assume that was what happened.

Resources:
                  Old August 8th, 2018 (2:23 PM).

Quote:
                    Ah I think I see what's happened here. It seems as though you've replaced folders rather than merged them when installing the Viola nerf, so everything in the "a" folder except for the "0" folder was deleted. I'm pretty sure Win 10 made this the default option when overwriting folders with the same name because it sucks for some reason.

I've downloaded the files to check, and they're definitely all there, so I'd have to assume that was what happened.
                    Ah, that makes sense. So if that's the case would you suggest deleting the patch from my SD card and reinstalling it?
                    Old August 8th, 2018 (2:43 PM).

Quote:
                      Ah, that makes sense. So if that's the case would you suggest deleting the patch from my SD card and reinstalling it?
                      Yeah that'd probably be the easiest way to do it. If you're not getting a prompt to merge folders/replace files when copying over the Viola nerf you might want to copy those two files over one at a time to make sure it all works properly.

Resources:
                      Old August 8th, 2018 (3:25 PM).

Quote:
                        Yeah that'd probably be the easiest way to do it. If you're not getting a prompt to merge folders/replace files when copying over the Viola nerf you might want to copy those two files over one at a time to make sure it all works properly.
                        Did that and it seems to have worked just fine! Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if anything else comes up.
                        Old August 10th, 2018 (7:38 AM).

I was wondering, I know that in a lot of cases you replaced a Pokemon's standard ability with its hidden ability or added its hidden ability as a standard ability, but is there like a document that has a compiled list of that sort of thing? On a related note is there a way to easily obtain Ability Capsules?
                          Old August 10th, 2018 (5:55 PM).

Quote:
                            I was wondering, I know that in a lot of cases you replaced a Pokemon's standard ability with its hidden ability or added its hidden ability as a standard ability, but is there like a document that has a compiled list of that sort of thing? On a related note is there a way to easily obtain Ability Capsules?
                            There isn't a document for that unfortunately, but you can buy Ability Capsules from any Poke Mart after getting your second Gym Badge, so it's easy enough to find out which two abilities a Pokemon has access to.

Resources:
                            Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:09 PM).
                            Rayquaza Master 384 Rayquaza Master 384 is online now

Hey, sorry to bother you again but I've come across sort of a weird glitch. In Dendemille Town when I try to have my Steelix taught a move the game crashes. I've tried to replicate this with other Pokemon of mine, including others that've had ability changes or move changes, but it only seems to be happening with Steelix. Any idea what the problem could be?
                              Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:30 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Buffel Saft.

Quote:
                                Hey, sorry to bother you again but I've come across sort of a weird glitch. In Dendemille Town when I try to have my Steelix taught a move the game crashes. I've tried to replicate this with other Pokemon of mine, including others that've had ability changes or move changes, but it only seems to be happening with Steelix. Any idea what the problem could be?
                                I think Steelix has too many level up moves (it's got 28 and I'm pretty sure the limit is 25), which causes the move reminder to glitch out and crash the game. Sorry about that, hope you didn't lose any progress! I'll get a fix uploaded now.

EDIT: Fix is up now. I've also replaced the code.bin file with an ips patch in this update, so you'll need to either delete the old code.bin file after updating, or uninstall the hack before copying over the new files.

Resources:
                                Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:49 AM).

Quote:
                                  I think Steelix has too many level up moves (it's got 28 and I'm pretty sure the limit is 25), which causes the move reminder to glitch out and crash the game. Sorry about that, hope you didn't lose any progress! I'll get a fix uploaded now.

EDIT: Fix is up now. I've also replaced the code.bin file with an ips patch in this update, so you'll need to either delete the old code.bin file after updating, or uninstall the hack before copying over the new files.
                                  Ah, only just saw this response, thank you! So just to be clear do I need to totally replace the hack files I have on my SD card or just the code.bin file?
                                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:45 PM).

Quote:
                                    Ah, only just saw this response, thank you! So just to be clear do I need to totally replace the hack files I have on my SD card or just the code.bin file?
                                    Totally replacing the files would be best. Now that you're past Viola you won't need to include the nerf files, so it'll be a simple drag and drop once the old files are deleted.

Resources:
                                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:22 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Rayquaza Master 384.

Quote:
                                      Totally replacing the files would be best. Now that you're past Viola you won't need to include the nerf files, so it'll be a simple drag and drop once the old files are deleted.
                                      I did the drag and drop to replace the files and now when I load the game it's stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen, any idea what the problem might be?

EDIT: I have absolutely no idea what I did but somehow I managed to fix it and now I also can tutor my Steelix. So uh... thanks? No clue how it got fixed but I'm glad I can take advantage of Strong Jaw Crunch now, haha.
                                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:39 PM).

Quote:
                                        I did the drag and drop to replace the files and now when I load the game it's stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen, any idea what the problem might be?

EDIT: I have absolutely no idea what I did but somehow I managed to fix it and now I also can tutor my Steelix. So uh... thanks? No clue how it got fixed but I'm glad I can take advantage of Strong Jaw Crunch now, haha.
                                        Well as long as it's working now I guess the "how" isn't too important :laugh-squinted:. Have fun with your Steelix!

Resources:
                                        Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:27 AM).

My game crash when I launch the first fight with the proffessor.. What I am doing ?
                                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:41 PM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Lucarako View Post
                                            My game crash when I launch the first fight with the proffessor.. What I am doing ?
                                            If you're playing one of the insanity versions the professor is a triple battle, so you'll need at least three Pokemon to battle him without the game crashing. Don't know what else would be causing that.

Resources:
                                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:41 AM).

Hello! I'm playing your mod with the Online version and greatly enjoying it. The difficulty bump was just what I wanted.

That said, is there a way for me to remove the item mart/location changes without breaking anything else? And if so would that break my current save?

At any rate, thank you very much for the enjoyable experience!
                                              Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:15 AM).
                                              Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Alvivina View Post
                                                Hello! I'm playing your mod with the Online version and greatly enjoying it. The difficulty bump was just what I wanted.

That said, is there a way for me to remove the item mart/location changes without breaking anything else? And if so would that break my current save?

At any rate, thank you very much for the enjoyable experience!
                                                Good to hear you're enjoying the hack! If you followed the install guide, you'd have to unpack the spoof cia, replace the code.bin file in it with a clean copy of the official update's code.bin, then rebuild and reinstall it. It's a bit of a hassle if you're not familiar with building cia files, but I can try to help you if you want to give it a go.

If you used Buley's code.bin file, you can simply delete that from your 3DS SD card and that should remove all of the mart changes.

Your save would be 100% safe with either option; EXWY doesn't make any changes that affect save compatibility.

Resources:
                                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:22 AM).

Is there any way to still download the 2.34 version or convert the code.ips back to .bin? I'm trying to rebuild a .3ds file for use in Citra but it can't rebuild with the .ips.
                                                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:33 AM).
                                                  Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline

Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Jacksaur View Post
                                                    Is there any way to still download the 2.34 version or convert the code.ips back to .bin? I'm trying to rebuild a .3ds file for use in Citra but it can't rebuild with the .ips.
                                                    You can download lunar ips instead and use it to apply the code.ips patch to the clean code.bin you have; it shouldn't be hard to find a download for it.
                                                    Also, (just in case you're not aware) unless something major has changed with Citra, XY doesn't work on it and will constantly freeze.

Resources:

Quick Reply