Can we talk about those potatoes???

Started by The ShyLarvitar August 2nd, 2019 8:42 AM
  • 10 replies
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
24 posts
48 Days
First post here, sorry if this has already been discussed;

Way back in the treehouse demo we saw the character being gifted potatoes, what does everyone think about those? Odds of potato farms instead of just berry farms? Will we ever get a Farmville: Pokemon Edition? We have a large amount of "farm animal" based pokemon, apricorn trees and berry trees already!

colours

hymn of the fayth

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
5,070 posts
14.4 Years
I'm honestly thinking it's probably HP restoration food of some sort. Like Soda cans, but the food version of it.

... which would be berries, but yknow. More variety.

on second thought, im going to agree with the below poster and go with Camp ingredients.

Sheep

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
26,844 posts
12.9 Years
Apparently you can cook food for your Pokémon when playing with them in Pokémon Camp (which is similar to Amie and Refresh), according to the leaks at least. So I assume this is one of the ingredients you can use??
pair family llsif bandori ffxiv art vpp stats
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Female
Infinite Insanity
Online now
Posted 11 Hours Ago
252 posts
2.6 Years
Farm House Pokemon? Am I the only one that remembers there was a farm in GSC? MILTANK? The cow that gives moo-moo milk? He was sick and you had to give it seven berries and then you get a TM (forgot which TM lol).

And then Mareep can be a sheep!
Once you give a Pokemon a personality, you can't go back depending on the severity and purpose of it. It's no longer just a "pixel" in your box.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum

Non-binary
Hanging out with Team Rocket
Seen August 3rd, 2019
Posted August 2nd, 2019
141 posts
3.6 Years
Farm House Pokemon? Am I the only one that remembers there was a farm in GSC? MILTANK? The cow that gives moo-moo milk? He was sick and you had to give it seven berries and then you get a TM (forgot which TM lol).

And then Mareep can be a sheep!
That would be awesome. I'd love to have something like this in game.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
4,945 posts
10.6 Years
yes, i encourage talking about the potatoes potatoes are love, potatoes are life

But, I do imagine that potatoes will be for some camping mini-game or something, or, who knows, maybe we WILL get to grow potatoes in Galar. I would totally be on board with that idea.
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Green
Female
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
280 posts
4 Years
A cooking mechanic? Haven't seen that since gen 4 (correct me if I'm wrong). The potatoes did interest me as well. I assume we can share these items with other players online? I can see them pulling a gen 3 and having us group cook again. They seem to really be focusing on co-op with the dynamax and revamped Wifi system (which thank god looks much than the last one in sumo and more similiar to pss). Or maybe we can trade in items to make stuff? I'd imagine we can cook our pokemon food akin to poffins.
Ducolamia^_^

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
15,019 posts
11.6 Years
I wouldn't mind seeing it involved with making food for your Pokemon. Maybe some Pokemon prefer some kind of veges over another? That'd make it more exciting than 'oh this Pokemon with this nature prefers green pokepuffs or whatever they are called in this region', and also make it more involved. Give us a minigame out of it and that'd be neat.
Advertiser Content