• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Movie You Ever Paid Money to See

Maedar

Banned
Years
I saw Dark Phoenix today, a movie that boasts on the poster, "This is no Game of Thrones".

Technically correct. Even the much-maligned final season of GoT was better than this two-hours of my life I'll never get back. Seriously, that was a movie I'd walk out on if I saw it on an airplane.

Guess I deserved it. I read the bad reviews, but being both an X-Men fan and a Marvel Cinematic Universe fan, I thought, "Meh, can't be that bad, right?" Wrong.

So I thought maybe it would be fun for everyone here to say which they think is the worst piece of claptrap they ever wasted money going to see. Judged by your own opinion, btw.

I should point out I've seen worse movies that Dark Phoenix. The worst may have been Battleship. To this day I have no idea why I ever spent $11 on that in the first place.

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
It would probably be Fan. Some nonsense Bollywood Movie that shouldn't have ever existed, because it's just plain creepy and didn't really "rivet" me....

Not that Bollywood is bad. It's just normally they're more Love Story oriented, while this was just a big brain ache.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Naa peru Surya, Naa illu India. It's a Tollywood movie, and my mother dragged me to the theatre, expecting it to be a film on patriotism, considering that the trailer only showed bits and pieces of the protagonists' army training and similar stuff. Man, that film was anything but that! There was a bit of good, but then the bad cliché :( Nobody was more disappointed than my mother that day, haha!

Years
At the theatres? The most recent Fantastic Four movie years back.

If we're including DVD purchases, The Lone Ranger even further back.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I should point out I've seen worse movies that Dark Phoenix. The worst may have been Battleship. To this day I have no idea why I ever spent $11 on that in the first place.

I'm just sitting here wondering how I wish this were the price I pay.

To answer the question, mother! comes to mind. It wasn't my type of movie at all, so I suspect this is a very biased answer.

Back