• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
UPDATE:I finished the Ghost of Maiden's Peak event, so I'm on to Bye Bye Butterfree.

Very good . This hack is looking to be better than Kanto or Ash's Quest . Keep up the great work .

Thanks! :)

Amazing Metapod. Could ya post some screenies? :)

I'm trying to decide if it's better to just post text updates, so that when the game is played it's not all old hat and there can be some surprises about how things happen, etc. That's why I haven't posted any more screenshots. But maybe I'll post some more ...

hello this looks good cant wait to play :D

Thanks!

So only 6 episodes left, huh? I guess finishing them won't take a long time. Well, I hope to see screenies soon. Gl on this!

Yep, I'm working on it when I can and I hope to have the first beta pretty soon. :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
So I've worked really hard to make the Bye Bye Butterfree event work, and I've made a video to show it off:

Spoiler:

In it I show that you HAVE to choose Butterfree and you can't just select and Pokemon in your party, and that after Butterfree flies off with its mate, it is GONE from your party.

So, the event for Bye Bye Butterfree is finished! :)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
That video looks great I am so looking forward
to playing this good luck

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Amazing script Metapod. But it's really sad seeing Butterfree fly away...
By the way in fact we don't have to do this event right? :D
Of course I don't mind since Butterfree isn't my favorite I'm just pointing it :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Amazing script Metapod. But it's really sad seeing Butterfree fly away...
By the way in fact we don't have to do this event right? :D
Of course I don't mind since Butterfree isn't my favorite I'm just pointing it :)

Right, it's optional. If you don't want to release it, or don't have a Butterfree, you can just continue on.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Good job, Metapod!
It's one of the best hacks I ever seen.
But wiil you make movie ( Mewtwo vs. Mew, Power of one) events?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Good job, Metapod!
It's one of the best hacks I ever seen.
But wiil you make movie ( Mewtwo vs. Mew, Power of one) events?

I might. I haven't fully decided yet. But I like the idea of doing it.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Wow even movie events?
I think ya should expand your ROM if ya wanna do that also since movie events could take all 16MB ROM

If do the movies I'll have to tone them down quite a bit. But I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it. ;)

This hack is looking good, and you represented the shows good too.
Good luck.^^

Thanks! :)

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Well the fisrt movie would be good to do but seen as though onynx79 is making the second film and my hack will have the other mewtwo film and maybe the celebi one? but its up to you but this hack is looking amazing! best 1st season hack I think

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Hey , metapod23 ! 4 more and then a beta test . Can't wait . Best of luck . This one is amazing . You are an awesome scripter .

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
If you don't like my idea, don't use it.
Can you make a script, which allows you to bring only 3 pokemon at gyms like it was in anime?
Expect for Vermilion gym, because Lt. Surge has only Raichu.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Can you make a script, which allows you to bring only 3 pokemon at gyms like it was in anime?
Interesting idea but is it possible? 'cause only choosing scripts (if it was script) were in R/S/E Battle Frontier

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

I think it's a good idea, I just don't know if it's possible. I think there's a special that allows you to choose 3 pokemon for something, so maybe it's possible, but I don't think I could limit it to just one or two, so the battles against Brock and Misty and Surge wouldn't be exactly accurate even if I could get that to work ...

UPDATE: I'm still working on Saffron City events, having a little trouble though, but still working.

Meantime, zappyspiker has created two awesome banners thanks to shrey2008 requesting them:

Many thanks to zappspiker for the work and shrey for the support! :)

milleniumcat

dig up your cat he's alive
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
sounds like an ok game!
i can't wait to play.

my cat is on the computer desk LOL!!

Back