• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Party screen's Ball graphic matches the Pok? Ball the Pokemon was caught in

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
Hello, first I want to say thank you for your awesome work! :3

I don't know what I did wrong, because your script is not working for me at all. I inserted the code as you said aswell as the graphics but I see nothing. The party screen is like the default one... :/ I've tried it two times because I thought I did something wrong the first try, but nope. Still not working.

I'm using version 15.1 with a few other code snippets, but nothing changes the PScreen_Party. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 as VM and OS X 10.11 as OS. I copied the code with the printable version of this topic.

Maybe you know what I did wrong or what I could try. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
Ugh, apparently I'm too dumb to read correctly... I've just put the graphics into Graphics/Pictures/, without the folder in which they are...

Thanks a lot, now it's working ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
As far as I'm aware, this addition still works as of Essentials v16. Let me know if anyone encounters any issues.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Hello, me again
I've got a Problem again this time with this awesome Script
I copied the Script with the Printable version and put replaced it in the lines as you said then I followed all Instructions and put the PartyBall folder on Pictures and
then I playtested my game and I got this error:

Spoiler:

I have Essentials v.16 and the Data files of v.16.1 too, I have no luck with this :(
this looks so awesome, I really want this, I will credit you,
and I wanted to make more Pokéballs too, I just made one and wanted to add that, but I don't know how to add that in the Scripts, so I didn't alter the scripts, plz help

This is the whole PScreen_Party:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Hello, me again
I've got a Problem again this time with this awesome Script
I copied the Script with the Printable version and put replaced it in the lines as you said then I followed all Instructions and put the PartyBall folder on Pictures and
then I playtested my game and I got this error:

Spoiler:

I have Essentials v.16 and the Data files of v.16.1 too, I have no luck with this :(
this looks so awesome, I really want this, I will credit you,
and I wanted to make more Pokéballs too, I just made one and wanted to add that, but I don't know how to add that in the Scripts, so I didn't alter the scripts, plz help

This is the whole PScreen_Party:
Spoiler:

That's really odd. At a glance, I don't see anything wrong with the scripts. And I know this works in v16.1, because that's what I'm using and it's running fine. So I'm not sure what could be causing this error for you, but it's likely something unrelated that you changed. Make sure you have an actual folder inside your Pictures folder that is named "PartyBall" with all the ball graphics inside it. Other than that, I don't know what the issue could be.

Try downloading a fresh copy of Essentials v16 and see if works in that. If so, then there's something you changed in your personal project that is conflicting with these scripts.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
That's really odd. At a glance, I don't see anything wrong with the scripts. And I know this works in v16.1, because that's what I'm using and it's running fine. So I'm not sure what could be causing this error for you, but it's likely something unrelated that you changed. Make sure you have an actual folder inside your Pictures folder that is named "PartyBall" with all the ball graphics inside it. Other than that, I don't know what the issue could be.

Try downloading a fresh copy of Essentials v16 and see if works in that. If so, then there's something you changed in your personal project that is conflicting with these scripts.

Thank you very much and I will do this with another Essentials, you might be right I have many Scripts in there, like the Lucas S.J. scripts, Title Screen and Animations Bitmap wrapper and some Scripts from Kleinstudio too.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok probably not the right place but is there a way to do something like this to show the ball the pokemon was captured in during the party indicator bar thing during battles

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
ok probably not the right place but is there a way to do something like this to show the ball the pokemon was captured in during the party indicator bar thing during battles

Hmm yeah that's a completely separate thing. Good idea for my next project though, if I ever get around to it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok thank you thought it would have been a separate thing but wasnt sure if this code could have been adapted easily enough

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Greetings chaps!
I was wondering, does this script somehow conflict with the ?lite battle system?
As I try having a test play with this nice fancy script installed,
an error pops out, and it reads as it follows :
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Script 'EliteBattle_UI' line 1982: NameError occurred.
undefined method `pbStartScene' for class `PokemonScreen_Scene'
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
I wonder what's causing that...?
From line 1980 to 1987 we have a piece of code from EliteBattle_UI :
Spoiler:

Also,forgive me if this issue was solved already : I'm still a novice :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Greetings chaps!
I was wondering, does this script somehow conflict with the ?lite battle system?
As I try having a test play with this nice fancy script installed,
an error pops out, and it reads as it follows :
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Script 'EliteBattle_UI' line 1982: NameError occurred.
undefined method `pbStartScene' for class `PokemonScreen_Scene'
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
I wonder what's causing that...?
From line 1980 to 1987 we have a piece of code from EliteBattle_UI :
Spoiler:

Also,forgive me if this issue was solved already : I'm still a novice :)

There isn't any overlap between this and Luka's EBS. There's no reason adding my code would give you an error if you installed it in the correct place. In fact, I just tried installing it myself just now to a copy of Essentials with Luka's EBS installed, and it works perfectly fine.

The only possibilities I can think of are that you simply installed my code incorrectly, or you have other script changes that are conflicting with Luka's EBS. Try troubleshooting by removing any changes to your game one by one and testing until you no longer get that error.

Back