• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WitchHunt - Endgame

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Also doof (as a confirmed innocent) saying "lynching Naku is a waste of time", especially after his investigation said I'm mafia and therefore making whatever I said at the time seem scum-motivated, pretty much shut down all conversation regarding a possible illusion kill on scum!Naku for long enough to guarantee mafia the win.

yeah I felt bad about this lmao. I was silently rooting for you to get a lynch going on me at some point

after which I'd just slaughter people buuuut hey

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years

WitchHunt

Finale

The once bustling village was now empty, cold... only a few inhabitants remained.

Sparkin was found in a tree, impaled by the branches, and Morian's luck seemed to have run out, as he was also found dead in the town square...

Three remained. Desinishon, jdthebud and Alex Kaz stood facing each other at the center of town. The killings were still happening, they all believed one or the other was to blame. All of this had been exhausting, each of them felt like they were on the verge of delusion...

Desi, the Fortune Teller, pulled out his cards. jd, the Fanatic, muttered what sounded like gibberish to himself and kept falling to his knees in an odd praying stance. He knew he was safe, the Priest had come to see him after all... Alex, the Emissary, nervously looked at the others. He had been ensured safety when he had first arrived in this village, but he knew he had stayed too long... no one would be able to protect him now.

Desi slowly flipped the top card and looked at it. His eyes widened. No, it couldn't be possible... how had he not seen this before?

Suddenly a shadowy figure appeared seemingly out of nowhere behind Alex. The figure was barely recognizable anymore, though Desi had already seen the card - he knew who it was. Before Desi could warn him, Alex was jabbed in the back by the same knife that purplecicada had used to kill Aaron. jd and Desi threw themselves on the assailant, knocking the knife away. It was too late for Alex, but the two figured the least they could do was one more hanging, so that Alex and all the others could finally rest peacefully.

As the two dragged off the assailant toward the gallows, jd realized he recognized who it was. "I thought Naku was supposed to be dead!" he said.

"He was, but not even I could have foreseen this..." Desi said.

Naku simply smiled and laughed as they dragged him along. Finally Desi and jd had put the rope around Naku's neck and raised him up. Naku struggled and choked for several minutes, his body eventually falling limp. jd and Desi waited several minutes more to make sure the deed was done. Presuming Naku to finally be dead, they started to turn away... but they heard a voice behind them.

"Fools... did you think this was going to kill me?" Naku's voice was like a growl, it sounded unworldly. "Now it's time for me to finish what we had started..." Naku said, starting to laugh again.

The ground began to shake. Desi momentarily lost his footing, and his deck of cards fell to the ground. The cards were scattered, all face down save for one - a card with a skull and crossbones. Desi saw the card and in that moment, he knew. He grabbed jd's arm. "Good spirits... be with us in the afterlife..." he said under his breath before Naku turned into a demon-like shadow and came at them with incredible force.

- - - - - - - -

Naku stood over Desi and jd, who were nothing more than literal splatters of blood now. Naku turned away and began to move away from the village. Everything in the village - the creek, the trees, the houses... everything began to dry up and wither or deteriorate. Naku clutched his arm in pain as he walked. "I... I must rebuild the Coven... yes..." he said as an eerie smile crept over his face. "I will rebuild it... yes... I will rebuild it..."

Players

jdthebud as the Fanatic (Villager)
Desinishon as the Fortune Teller (Villager)
Alex Kaz as the Emissary (Villager)

Nakuzami as the Assassin (Witch)

Extra unassigned role - Oracle (swapped out by purplecicada for D.O.B.)

EvilChameleon as the Loose Cannon (Villager)
L'Belle as the Watchman (Villager)
Lycanthropy as the Hunter (Villager)
Ash as the Nurse (Villager)
purplecicada as the D.O.B. (Witch)
Aaron as the Pagan (Villager)
Abby as the Apprentice (Villager)
mew_nani as the Gravedigger (Witch)
Home as the Gambler (Villager)
Bardothren as the Spiritualist (Villager)
SirDolan (replaced Sword Master) as the B.O.D. (Witch)
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as the Judge (Villager)
Johnny as the Inquisitor (Witch)
Bidoof FTW as the Priest (Holy Villager)
Pecilia (replaced Ras!) as the Acolyte (Holy Villager)
gimmepie (replaced Fletch) as the Survivalist (Villager)
Sparkin as the King (Villager)
HyperMorian as the Peeping Tom (Villager)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Superjolt

Years

Thanks for playing!

Thank you to everyone for playing! I hope everyone enjoyed this game :)

Special thanks to GP, Sophie and Pecilia for helping out and replacing in!

Thanks also to everyone for keeping this game active and for making this just an all around good game. Stay tuned, I'm gonna try to post trivia later maybe, and also some quotes from Witch/Demon chats!

Make sure to keep an eye out in Discussions for a special thread later, I had an idea for something :)

Also be sure to check out the UG Special thread soon!

Notes from the GM

So, funny thing - the site where I found the rule set for the game got updated about a day or so before I started the game here, I actually hadn't noticed until a couple days into the game. There's a few notable changes (Apprentice and Emissary got removed, Gravedigger got split into two separate roles) in attempt to better balance the game. Expansion role sets also got included! (Might be interesting if we ever do another WitchHunt in the future)

The King's Court mechanic was actually purely experimental and was the only thing not included in the current rule set at the time, I actually got the idea from an early/old WitchHunt game I came across (in that game the Court was able to kill every odd-night, it had more roles that were automatically part of the Court, and had like 5-6 members to start or something). I think it was interesting to have in this game, though I'm not sure how much it affects balance, I'd love to get some feedback on it.

Speaking of the Court, they went 0/3 for killing witches lol. I think the members could have made better use of their chat - Sparkin and Ras were pretty quiet and didn't give much input, I think the best thing is to be active in the Court chat and use it to get better reads on the others, and in the King's case, try to draw a night kill while you're immune to kills.

I can't say that town played badly, town played pretty well in this game. I mean, you guys managed to lynch scum four days in a row. Town did make some questionable moves though, like with all the early claims - Ras outed as Acolyte in the Court chat on Night 2 (I think it's better for the Acolyte to act like the Priest and try to draw scum away from the real Priest, they probably shouldn't out unless absolutely necessary). Morian also softed his role at a time when it wasn't really necessary. All the early claims actually really helped scum narrow down who to kill. I think Doof should have tried to check the claimed Gravedigger (Naku), clearing/confirming a role like that could be a game changer, though I think I see what Doof was going for with his other targets, and Doof played pretty well otherwise.

Shout out to Desi for stepping up his game big time here. I think he did really well standing his ground against Johnny on Day 5. I think he also had the most accurate reads out of everyone (other than Alex maybe), with scum reads on 4/5 witches. As for later in the game when he voted Morian, I think his heart was in the right place but his head maybe not so much, so to speak :P But yeah, pretty good play from town for the most part.

Action Log and Court Election Votes

Spoiler:

GM Points: me, +30 points
Team win: Nani, purplecicada, SirDolan, Johnny, Naku +40 points
Make an explicit hardclaim for a role you don't have and remain undiscovered: Naku +20 points

MVP Bonus: Johnny +30 points

Giving MVP to Johnny for getting pretty widely town read earlier in the game, getting the other Court members to trust him (until it was too late) and managing to get the Court to pull off kills on townies (even with Alex being somewhat skeptical), and imo distracting town enough to keep them away from attempting to lynch Naku after he was illusion-killed. Honorable mentions to Naku (for pulling off illusion kill and getting away with fake Gravedigger claim), Alex (for being sooo close to figuring Naku out) and Desi (for stepping up his game, standing his ground against Johnny and having pretty accurate reads). Picking MVP was pretty tough.

Not giving negative points to anyone who replaced out, since they all requested specifically to be replaced instead of getting replaced for inactivity. Technically Ras got replaced later for going inactive, but I think he tried to stay in because I couldn't find a replacement at first so I don't really blame him for that.

Spoiler:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
Eh, I wanted to get mvp, but Johnny does deserve it more. If only the other court members were more active; at least in the court chat.
On a side note, I wasn't just skeptical on the court kills (except for the first). I outright opposed to killing both Abby and Bard and went for I don't remember who instead of Abby and SirDolan instead of Bard. Court trusted Johnny more for some reason tho. Or at least they just wanted to put a vote in and be done with it and it happened to be Johnny's choice and not mine idk.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
One helpful thing that happened was my Oracle was EC, who got lynched more or less straight away. I could have potentially lived longer if I'd have said he was town - Bard wouldn't have had to out so early.

Superjolt

Years
Eh, I wanted to get mvp, but Johnny does deserve it more. If only the other court members were more active; at least in the court chat.
On a side note, I wasn't just skeptical on the court kills (except for the first). I outright opposed to killing both Abby and Bard and went for I don't remember who instead of Abby and SirDolan instead of Bard. Court trusted Johnny more for some reason tho. Or at least they just wanted to put a vote in and be done with it and it happened to be Johnny's choice and not mine idk.
I'd probably give it to both of you if I was allowed to choose more than one person tbh.

I think the others really did trust Johnny that much, I think Ras wouldn't have outed otherwise and Sparkin was town reading Johnny, at least until Day 5-ish (speaking of Day 5, I thought Sparkin was seriously going to go through with using a Court kill on Johnny lol, there actually isn't anything stopping the Court from killing their own members). You did actually vote to kill Abby N3 tho :P

Also, thanks everyone :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Shit, the Apprentice learned who they were preparing to sub for at the start? o o p s. Good thing Abby was already dead when I claimed Gravedigger lmfao

Back