• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Spooks and Ghouls~ Ghost-type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username:KamikazeSSoH
Partner Pokemon:Gengar (Kendrow)
094.png

Reason for joining:I Love Ghost Pokemon, my first Ghost Pokemon was Gastly and after that i loved Ghost Pokemon so much as my Second Favorite Type everyPokemon game i can't go to Elite 4 whitout a Ghost Pokemon/Gengar and i have to Name it Kendrow
Answer the current topic!:
Do you have a certain Ghost-type you put in your team each game, or do you just pick one up as you go?

R: Like i said i can't end the game whitout a Ghost-Type Pokemon a Gengar/Haunter if i don't find or its not in the game i have to Pick another Ghost Type Pokemon because they are awesome :D

How the heck did I miss this?! Sorry for not noticing sooner, Murk!

Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon:
094.png

Reason for joining: Ghost-types are always...interesting to use.
Answer the current topic!: Depends on what game I'm playing and whether or not I can get a full evolution (looking at you, Gengar).

Also the Theme Song is perfect.

Is "Spooky Scary Skeletons" an option for the theme? :J

Heheh kidding. It would be hilarious though.

And the topic at hand - I almost ALWAYS shuffle my playthrough teams with ever version I go through. The only pokemon I've ever used on 2 separate playthroughs, is Scrafty. And that was Black/White and Black2/White2. Because Scrafty SEEEERIOUSLY messes up Unova's Elite 4, barring Marshal.

But enough about that. Ghosts. Mismagius is my favorite, and I'm not actually sure how popular it is in the entire pokemon fandom. I know Gengar is top notch fan-wise, but haven't actually seen too much Mismagius fan stuff. Fun fact, did you know its design is influenced by hallucinations? This inspired me to make one and name it "Schizo". :3 It's one of my 3 Mismagius I use competitively. Reaver, Trixie, and Schizo.

Welcome, Kamikaze and Wicked3DS! I've already added you both to the list! Thank you for joinging! I'm sorry everyone. IU've been very busy, so I'm going to have to ask everyone to take part in a new rule.

For Spook of the Week, you will PM me your three votes within one week, when the Spook of the Week was announced for that particular week. Previous winners will still be excluded, until every Ghost -type has their time to shine.

That's a fairly interesting find, Polar. I usually nickname my Mismagius, "Missy." Cute, but mischevious too. ;P

Anyway, the Spook of the Week votes are to start today. I have a couple from some of you, and when the week is up, the voting will be done. Now, onto a new topic!

When did you like Ghost-type Pokemon? Was it since the first generation and onward? Or, did you become fond of them in the later years?

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
Well my first Generation was 2 and you could catch a Gastly right at the start. so i did. because he looked so cool at the time. after that i tried to make a Ghost-Type Team at least every game. i mean 2 out of 6 or more are Ghost Pokemon on my Pokemon Fire Red team... well it was awesome at the time finding that the one gym leader used Gengar.. i saw the beast. Just Killing my pokemons LEFT AND RIGHT. I was like ''What a Beast!!!'' and after that. Gengar is one of my favorite and Ghost-Type Pokemon have to be on my team.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
i grew fond of ghosts over the years. i sometimes browse through Bulbapedia for kicks, and i started reading about some of the ghost types and where they came from. its was then i became really attached to the ghost types

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I actually didn't like ghost types until 4th generation introduced me Giratina. He's way bad ass! Just look at that Shadow Force! Bam! Just see the power there! Plus, he has his own world! Way cool! So when I got him in Platinum, I called him Shadow. Then I started liking ghost types more when Chandelure was introduced. Way cool! Golruk is okay since he's a ground type. Just notice my favorite ghosts are Dragon, Fire, and Ground types!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
Username: Trick 'r Treat
Partner Pokemon: Trevenant
Reason for joining: Ghost Types are my 2nd Favorite.
Answer the current topic!: I actually said I hated Ghost types because I wanted to only like one type (water). I was in denial from gen 1-gen 5. Now its one of my favorite types.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
When did you like Ghost-type Pokemon? Was it since the first generation and onward? Or, did you become fond of them in the later years?

I used Haunter in Gen I a little bit but Ghost-types didn't really grow on me until later on. Gengar eventually became one of my Top Ten favorites, but that probably wasn't until HG/SS came around.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username: Trick 'r Treat
Partner Pokemon: Trevenant
Reason for joining: Ghost Types are my 2nd Favorite.
Answer the current topic!: I actually said I hated Ghost types because I wanted to only like one type (water). I was in denial from gen 1-gen 5. Now its one of my favorite types.

Welcome, TrT! Good to have you! Also, I LOVE Trevenant as well! One of my favorite Ghost-types... <3

Anyway, seeing as how I've been a bad club leader, I've decided to mix things up a bit, so that there's as little effort as possible, and we can all talk about the Spook of the Week I decided to generate randomly.

As of today, our Spook of the Week is...

Spoiler:

So, with Spook of the Week, we can talk abything about Cofagrigus, regarding the anime, the Pokemon itself, it's usage in battle, and etc.

Of course, no bashing, going off-topic, etc. ;P Now, go on and chat, my lovely club members!

Also, new topic time! OH NO! There's a Ghost type under your bed! Use this Pokemon Generator to see which one it is!

Banette was hiding under my bed... what's under yours?

(Make sure it's selected as ONE Pokemon, and a Ghost-type, of course)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
Gastly was hiding under my bed!!!

I am absolutely in love with Cofagrigus. I personally would've changed the name to Cophagrigus just so the name isn't as controversial as it is because it's one of those names that an offensive word just pops out at you. Other then that Cofagrigus, I find very useful and I always have to have a Cofagrigus & Garbodor on my team because they help me a lot in any battle im in. At first I was unsure of it's design but it grew on me & it's probably one of the best designs imo.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
dusknoir under my bed..... is it going to drag me to the underworld? O.O

i never really used cofagrigas much in the games, but its story is cool, and im a big fan of ancient Egypt and, while its no greece, its a cool concept

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
Here we go

Username: Lucky#13
Partner: Golurk
Reason for joining: With 2 type immunities, great designs, and cool/creepy vibe/dex entries, what's not to love about one of the few types that are a staple in any team.
Topic: Dusclops

Wicked3DS

Years
Fittingly enough I got...Cofagrigus.

I think it's a cool concept, but being one of the Gen V haters originally, I haven't really had much experience with it to form a true opinion. However, I would hate to be walking around thinking there's just a regular coffin and have it be one of those!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Username: ApocalypticDino
Partner:Duskull
Reason for Joining: Cause ghost types are awesome. Powerful and Mysterious yet always there. Ghost Pokémon are the unexplained of the unexplained. That and I've always liked Duskull. I even kicked Flygon off of my team to make room for it. Great defenses especially when it evolves.
Current Topic: Pokemon Under My Bed There is a Rotom lurking beneath my bed. Its electricity overloads the grid, my lights flicker on and off.

Wicked3DS

Years
Not gonna lie, I like Duskull and Dusknoir, but I'm not the biggest Dusclops fan on the planet. I like the mummy concept, but for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me totally. Can't complain, though, it is a good wall.

Man, I'd hate having one of those under my bed. Trying to work on my computer and then the computer stop-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back