• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Combinations Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Ooh, exactly! That would be awesome but let's stahp the Dragon talk.

Like I said, Ice/Steel would be pretty badass but Fire would easily burn it down unless it has high Defense. Now, a Ghost/Fire would look pretty cool, like you know, bright blue flames around a Ghost type!

Aren't you describing Chandelure ?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
A Fighting/Flying would make all the types there combined with Flying on at least one pokemon. And a pokemon with Psychic/Dark would be cool too!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Nah, Dragon/Normal seems too plain, ugh. What about Ice/Steel? That sounds pretty badass, besides, removes the Steel type weakness ;)

I think a dragon/normal would be pretty interesting, tbh. On that note, normal does need some more attention.

Like I said, Ice/Steel would be pretty badass but Fire would easily burn it down unless it has high Defense.

It would just as easily be vulnerable to Fighting moves.

One more great type combo would be a high Electric/Water, excluding Wash Rotom that loooooooool sucks!

We do have a pretty good Electric/Water combo with Chinchou/Lanturn.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy with ANYTHING that isn't Fire/Fighting. That typing appears WAAAAY too much.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I know I am, in a way but I guess more 'Mon like that would be cool, I did mention the BLUE FLAMES.

Well the shiny is BLUE I think iirc, so it's kind of covered. Maybe just go for fire/dark, given ghost/fire was JUST there, and you'd get grey flames!!

Hmmm I'd also like to see... rock dragon. Having a strong rock dragon sounds awesome imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There's grass/rock already in Cradily, and there's also a ghost/ground in Golurk! However afaik there isn't a ghost/rock (with levitate) though so you could want that :3

Years
Some type combos I want to see:

- Electric/Psychic
- Ice/Bug
- Poison/Steel
- Grass/Fire
- Ground/Fighting
- Ice/Poison

I just think they look awesome.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Can I just say, there's no need to point someone out every time they list a type that has been used. There have been quite a few type combos conceived that have only been used once or twice. I too would love to see an Electric/Fire type Pokemon. It doesn't matter that we've already had that type combo with Heat Rotom (especially considering Rotom can change its secondary type).

I'd also love to see Electric/Ghost and Ice/Fighting. Water/Fire and Grass/Fire would be strange type combos, but it'd be interesting to see how they'd utilise them.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Ice-grass.? Bit crappy, abomasnow isnt strong like obama..

Some type combo i need is electric/dark,
fight/electric, bug/dark..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
- Ice/Bug
- Ice/Poison

The idea of an ice bug sounds really adorable. But a frozen, well, half-frozen bug just sounds so cute. Not necessarily strong, maybe a special attacker, but I imagine it as like a frozen Ladybug or something. :3

Ice/Poison sounds extremely badass, tho.

Can I just say, there's no need to point someone out every time they list a type that has been used. There have been quite a few type combos conceived that have only been used once or twice. I too would love to see an Electric/Fire type Pokemon. It doesn't matter that we've already had that type combo with Heat Rotom (especially considering Rotom can change its secondary type).

It's jut that it's called "new" type combinations, so from that we figure we are discussing new stuff we'd like to see, rather than just type combinations you wanna see. :)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
It's jut that it's called "new" type combinations, so from that we figure we are discussing new stuff we'd like to see, rather than just type combinations you wanna see. :)
I know, but if the type combos have only been used once or twice, I think it's still fair to say that that type combo is relatively "new", or at least uncommon (also Rotom is a special Pokemon so I don't count any of its type combos to have been "used" properly :P).

Bug/Ice would be an awesome type combo. I imagine it to be more of a huge ice bug with a Beartic like pose. Now that would be badass.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
Ice/Poison would be best, because they are my favorite types. Maybe it could be inspired by an oil-spill. An arctic wolf/fox/rabbit would be good inspiration for this type.
Psychic/Electric would be awesome as well. I can't really think of any designs that would go good with it though. Maybe a feline design.

We might see an electric/ground this generation, some things to possibly watch out for is Fire/Poison(I don't know why they didn't make Skuntank this, especially since it learns flamethrower or something), Poison/electric, and basically Poison/any other type. As much as Poison-type by itself kind of sucks, I'd like for the type itself to be given some sort of life, along with bug-types having new type combinations as well, several of which have already been mentioned in this thread what with Bug/Ice, etc.

I love poison types and I am angry that most of them are either dueled with Grass or Bug or are a single type.

Skuntank can learn flamethrower because it's inspiration was farts. It's stupid, I know. But that's the only rationalization I can come up with. It's a skunk (smelly) and it's cry sounds like a fart. So, fartflames.

Last edited:
Years
I'd also love to see them introduce a Grass/Electric, Fire/Electric and Ice/Electric-type other than those Rotom forms. They're forms, so they don't count.

And I do like the idea of an Ice/Fighting-type. Ice needs a bit more love. Electric/Fighting would be cool too, as well as Dark/Electric like what Urugamosu said.

In fact, the Shinx line were often mistaken for Dark/Electric-types despite being pure Electric.

Speaking of other type combos involving Ice and Electric, I'd like to see an Ice/Steel or Rock/Electric as well.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I have an excellent idea!!!!
Normal flying and bug flying!!!
We haven't seen much of those yet!!,
K seriously tho how bout fire water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back