• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
Years
Ok so I have just 2 questions:
1) How do you remove a script once it is completed because I made a script but then all of a sudden when you step back on the same spot the script will happen again, how can I fix this.
Also how do you make it so that they activate the Running Shoes?

Spoiler:

For question #1, what was the variable you used in A-map for that script tile?
Because you need to add this so that it doesn't repeat when you step on it again:

Spoiler:

That should fix it.

For question #2, where the heck is the pointer to "#org @done"?
And the weird thing happened because you might have overwritten 0x800000.
Look: 1st script: 8006D8, 2nd Script: 800000. Overwriting is possible from the size of your script #2! Try to rewrite the script and use FSF to find a good amount of FF's.

Btw, to activate running shoes:
Add this to a script: setflag 0x(FLAG# of Running shoes) (e.g. setflag 0x860)
FR/LG: 82F
R/S: 860
E: 8C0

That should help a little! ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
help me in flag (disappearing sprites)

yes, always put a setflag to hidesprite right, but after trigger it, the sprite will gone but if you go out in map and back where the sprite i hide it reappears again? ouch! how can i permanent to disappear it? help me diegoisawesome! :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
yes, always put a setflag to hidesprite right, but after trigger it, the sprite will gone but if you go out in map and back where the sprite i hide it reappears again? ouch! how can i permanent to disappear it? help me diegoisawesome! :)
Nononononononono :|

If you had a setflag 0xy on your hidesprite script then remove it and put the flag number in the Person ID box in Advance Map. :)
This thread is full of questions that should be posted in the Script H elp Thread. :|[/s]

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
can you give me a simple code sir zeffy? coz i cant get it.

this is my code.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @des
msgbox @lol 0x6
end

#org @lol
= hey!

#org @des
setflag 0x1000
hidesprite 0xA
end

(for a 1 person event)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
can you give me a simple code sir zeffy? coz i cant get it.

this is my code.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @des
msgbox @lol 0x6
end

#org @lol
= hey!

#org @des
setflag 0x1000
hidesprite 0xA
end

(for a 1 person event)

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @lol 0x6
hidesprite 0xA
release
end

#org @lol
= hey!
That's the script needed. Then in Advance Map (get it from the toolbox) put the flag, in your script 1000, in the Person ID box just below the Script Offset.
287fabo.png

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I tried to write new code in this and save it and it does not work. I save the changes and when i go back and check to be sure, nothing has happened.

Ready4failure

my friends and i on youtube...
Years
i was so proud of my self, because i finally understand how to do weather commands. but I have a small problem. I want the script to activate when i step outside. so, i put the script on the tile outside the door. bbuuuuutttttttt, when i step out of the door, it doesnt activate. I have to step outside, step off the tile in front of the door, then step BACK ON it to make it rain. i kinda wanted it to activate the second i step outside. is there some reason this isnt working? I'm including the script in a spoiler (to save space), but its really not needed because its the same as the example, just different flag lol.
Spoiler:

oh, and btw, im IN LOVE with this tutorial. its helped me quite a bit since im new to hacking.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i was so proud of my self, because i finally understand how to do weather commands. but I have a small problem. I want the script to activate when i step outside. so, i put the script on the tile outside the door. bbuuuuutttttttt, when i step out of the door, it doesnt activate. I have to step outside, step off the tile in front of the door, then step BACK ON it to make it rain. i kinda wanted it to activate the second i step outside. is there some reason this isnt working? I'm including the script in a spoiler (to save space), but its really not needed because its the same as the example, just different flag lol.
Spoiler:

oh, and btw, im IN LOVE with this tutorial. its helped me quite a bit since im new to hacking.
You have to make something like that a level script.

Ready4failure

my friends and i on youtube...
Years
You have to make something like that a level script.

oh, well thats unfortunate. Guess I'll have to learn how to do that *sighs* and i've heard such scary things about them. Thanx tho.

HackinJohn

FireRed ROM Hacker
Years
I've run into a bad problem recently right in the middle of my hacking/scripting. I'm trying to write script tile scripts (NOT level scripts), and I'm putting the "0300" and "4050", but it doesn't work. My overworld just walks right over it like nothing was there. However, when I put "0000" in for everything, the script makes the game freeze. So I'm not sure why it isn't working...any insight would be nice!

Here's an illustration:
Spoiler:

And now my full code:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Talking to People?

I'm really new to Poke modding and some of this confuses me.

What would I have to put to make a specific person I talk to say a certain thing?

mikocoon

error? who cares?
Years
i made a ticket (aurora,mystic,old sea)and (helix,dome)fossil event,but why i can't use these item? like i can't use any ticket i get from my event.

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
I need some help. When I try to put /n or /l to go to another line, it doesn't, so it screws up the text. I used the tool, but that didn't do anything. I don't know how to do that, even though I got two scripts to work.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Because you're supposed to use \n and \l =)
Just because this Ash guy here didn't properly explain what he meant, I'll do it for you.
See how the slashes / and \ are different. Well, you need to use \ this one.

I've run into a bad problem recently right in the middle of my hacking/scripting. I'm trying to write script tile scripts (NOT level scripts), and I'm putting the "0300" and "4050", but it doesn't work. My overworld just walks right over it like nothing was there. However, when I put "0000" in for everything, the script makes the game freeze. So I'm not sure why it isn't working...any insight would be nice!

Here's an illustration:
Spoiler:

And now my full code:
Spoiler:
You don't use 0300, you use 0003.

Last edited by a moderator:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
And, while you're at it, you should change the "Var Number" to 0x1013 seeing how it's the variable/flag that you're using in the script. It will also make the "checkflag 0x1013" part in the script unnecessary.

Back