• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jessie's Mimikyu, one of the most controversial anime character ever?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Do you think that Jessie's Mimikyu is one the most controversial anime character ever known for trying to destroy Pikachu?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Seems pretty bland, as usual, from what I read about it. Nice it has a personality, but it's about as evil as a Dic cartoon from the 80s.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
No.

Although I haven't watched the S/M anime, there is no way a spoopy monster's vehement grudge against an iconic mascot would give it more flak than a niche anime pervert touching or spying on revealing waifus without consent.

Years
The main problem I have with Jessie's Mimikyu is that he is extremely bloodthirsty when it comes to Ash's Pikachu, which might be why he destroys Pikachu so badly in battle. He's basically trying to kill Pikachu, and having such an antagonistic personality also goes against Mimikyu's Pokedex entry and that it's a Pokemon who's supposed to be asking for someone to love it.

And yes, I'm referring to Mimikyu as a "he" since its voice actors are male.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Not....really? Calling it "controversial" is kind of exaggerating, honestly. A Mimikyu hating the mascot of the anime is hardly problematic, I'm kind of glad the anime did something like this.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
It would only be controversial if Mimikyu actually killed Pikachu.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Mimikyu is just a jealous idiot cartoon character, not really controversial, it's not even past the PG rating. How ironic in real life that it is as popular as Pikachu at this point.

Back