• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incorrect Pokemon Types

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Have you ever seen a certain pokemon that looked like an ice type but really wasnt

This first happened when i saw Phanpy ........

I thought that it was a water type because elephants have the power to shoot water out of there trunks ... and it would make more sense

and Gyarados ( Water/Dragon) it would make more sense because its in the dragon group

Any1 agree Reply

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Dizzy said:
Have you ever seen a certain pokemon that looked like an ice type but really wasnt

I thought that it was a water type because elephants have the power to shoot water out of there trunks ... and it would make more sense

and Gyarados ( Water/Dragon) it would make more sense because its in the dragon group

Any1 agree Reply

water dragon Gyarados = Gyarados upgraded itself to "Curselax" rank...

Even though Gyarados is made in the image of the chinese dragons (dragon that's more like a snake, and it can fly without wings), it shouldn't be a dragon due to balance reasons.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I mistook Wobbufett (I know I spelled that wrong) as a normal type. o_O; @_@ It looks so boring, so.. yeah.

I don't understand why the Gastly chain is part poison. o_o;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
perhaps it's the thing that Gastly is "gas" and it's suppose to suffoicate people. Therefore it's acting kinda like poison gas i suppose... who knows.

(btw Lightning i tried to restart my comp, log off and log back on and i can post again)

tyranitar0000

You don't wanna know
Years
I will be posting all my ideas.

Charizard-Fire/Dragon
Squirtle and evo.-Water/Steel
Kangaskhan-Fighting (Kangaskhan is baesd on Genghis Khan)
Hoothoot/Noctowl-Flying/Psychic
Dunsparce-Ground
Seviper-Dark/Poison (heh heh heh)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Well, now that it has Levitate, it makes it cheap because it can't be Toxic'd, and has a lot of resistances and immune to Ground.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
good thing Absol is created... i found Absol to be one of the best Pokemon to destroy ghost types with torment and shadowball. Torment just kills Dusclops bad...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
nope there not ..........

sorry if im flamming you or bashing you but your idea of squirtle being water/steel are off too ............

ok anyways back on the subject

Amphie

Sweet girl
Years
Vulpix/Ninetales- fire/psychic
Gyarados- water/dragon (why flying??? I really don`t understand this)
Ampharos- electric/dragon
Togetic- normal/psychic

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Now that's like the 3rd time someone questioned Gyarados to be a dragon. It should really be water/dragon, but then the result of that is Gyarados becoming everyone's favorite earthquaker... it's part flying for pure balance reasons in the gameboy games. Plus flying makes sense too, since it doesn't need to crawl on land and it doesn't exactly "levitate" too. So flying is as close as you can get.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
There should be a new Solarbeam

It would make sense if the pokemon gathered engery from the sun ......... but the sun shot the beam

There should also be like a Moonbeam or LunarBeam

But it wqould be dark element ^^

i dont care if you dont agree with me

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
I agree that Phanpy should be water/ground.

I'm not sure about Ursaring being Psychic, but Ninetales should definately be fire/ghost. If you know what Ninetales is based on, it would make sense, but I don't really feel like explaining it now. It's like that little guy in the Zelda games that you can summon wearing the mask.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
it's the ninetail fox... if Shiftry who is based on Tengo gets to be dark type, then Ninetales should be part ghost... anyone saw the Jhoto episode of Ninetales? Plus learning confuse ray and will o wisp (2 rather ghost like move) it should really be part ghost...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
Dizzy said:

Umm... No, elepahants can't shoot water. You abviously watch too many cartoons because the spray it. And they also can't even drink water throught there trunk so theres no way its gonna get blasted out of it, and even if it somehow could, it could't breethe then and it would kill itself trying...

Game set and match.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
imagine the trunk to be like a big tube. They just fill part of it with water, then let it FLOW OUT again later... i believe a Chansey can do that too if it uses its pocket to fill it up with water, then to let it flow out again... but that doesn't mean Chansey should be part water.

However as a cartoon itself, Phanpy can just "evolve" into a funny looking elephant that can do that ^^;

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
Its abvious you all don't get it, what your telling me is that Phampy will have a short burst of water and then it can't do it again cause it needs to put more water in it trunk... And Frost is telling me that Chansey will take out it egg leaving it exposed to the cold, just so it could fill up its 3 & 1/2 inch deep pocket with not even enough water to do anything and it will magicly blast it at some fire pokemon...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
i think you're the one with a little misunderstanding.

You got almost exactly what i was trying to say. I wrote that Chansey example to see how weird of an idea this is... Chansey can use Water Gun in Dizzy's way by using the methods i wrote up there. But how can you blast water from a little pocket? all i can do is clumsily walk over to the side of a Torkoal, and jump up so water will flow out of the pocket and land on to Torkoal... that's as close of a water attack Chansey can ever get... and just cause it got this weird way of "Water Gun," that means it should be part water? no...

so Phanpy in the same sense shouldn't be part water...

Back