• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] August Emerald - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serris

The Constant
Years
Wow, even that's news to me. I should probably let all you guys know I've been fairly busy with uni at the moment. I will, however, be working on new sprites hopefully some time this week. Some are being fixed and getting new poses, whereas some new Hoenn evo fakemon will be coming.

Years
Well, we've been working behind the scenes, as Plat mentioned, and we have two new things to show off. You can take a look at the brand new starting town, with tiles by Dew, and the male player character.

But there's a catch. You need to be registered at PlanetDev to see them as they're part of this week's newsletter. So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and get over there!

EDIT: So, in the news this week, we have a new sprite for Roxanne that you may have already seen by Dew:
Roxanne.png

We've also got a new fakémon by Serris. But for some reason I can't copy the link at school, which is a pain xD Instead, just check out his thread.

Last edited:

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
If your looking at the thread and wondering where the story is, I will just like to inform you all that the story is getting written up while I speak :) Expect the story to be nothing like the official games and indeed a very unique experience.
I'd also like to thank Dew for that amazing Roxanne sprite ^^
-PP

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
It looks like you have a solid, well built team to go with a well thought out game. I'm loving the screen shots so far, especially the gear layout, and looking forward to what you can produce. I'd offer my help as a writer / mapper, but as I said, it looks like you already have a great team and you'll get things done.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear about any updates in the future.~

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
It looks like you have a solid, well built team to go with a well thought out game. I'm loving the screen shots so far, especially the gear layout, and looking forward to what you can produce. I'd offer my help as a writer / mapper, but as I said, it looks like you already have a great team and you'll get things done.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear about any updates in the future.~
It's always to good to hear that we have support out there :) Speaking of support can anyone make support bars? That would be greatly appreciated :)

Years
Just a reminder that you should head over to PlanetDev (link in signature) to see the new graphics. If we get enough members, we may even reveal the female character, too ;)

Serris

The Constant
Years
PP, I can make support bars. I've been making graphics the past two days, I don't see why I can't make more for our cause. Let me know how you want them set out, and I'll get started as soon as I can.

Years
Today, we're unfortunately saying a temporary adieu to The Dewitty. He's taking some time out to focus on school, but we hope he'll be back very soon and tiling away as usual.

However, on the flipside, we're looking to hire someone to take the workload off him. If you're experienced with making tiles in a style similar to the one used here, post an application in the relevant thread on the forum (link in signature).

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
2 words.

FINALLY!(Lol, Phil reffernce)

Im happy to see my 2nd favorite region be remade Heartgold/Soulsilver style, the sprites are completely new, the features look awesome, im officially a fan of this game.

Serris

The Constant
Years
You will be missed, Dew. But I have to say, I love the Phil. reference. Sorry I haven't been updating with more sprites lately, everyone. I've been bogged down by university, and until the workload gets cut down substantially, I won't be able to find time to work on sprites. I try to work on sprites every now and then though. So maybe one will pop up every now and then.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Today, we're unfortunately saying a temporary adieu to The Dewitty. He's taking some time out to focus on school, but we hope he'll be back very soon and tiling away as usual.

However, on the flipside, we're looking to hire someone to take the workload off him. If you're experienced with making tiles in a style similar to the one used here, post an application in the relevant thread on the forum (link in signature).
Aww...that's dissapointing :(
And we would like to take time to thank all the supporters thus far.
Anyway progress is steadily increasing.

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
I can make Tilesets, but only simple stuff like Grass and such. I can't sprite 3D tilesets if my life depended on it.

Btw, will the music have a remix? I would love to hear a sweet remix of the Regi's again.

Years
Good news everyone!

Dew has, as perusual, changed his mind entirely, and instead of stopping, made Brawly:

NekkidPplz1.png

Comments, crit, suggestions, fan messages, love notes and any other correspondence is always appreciated. :D

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
I can make Tilesets, but only simple stuff like Grass and such. I can't sprite 3D tilesets if my life depended on it.

Btw, will the music have a remix? I would love to hear a sweet remix of the Regi's again.
PM me some examples please :)
I'm nearly sure we will have remixes and a whole new soundtrack :P (I hope)

Good news everyone!

Dew has, as perusual, changed his mind entirely, and instead of stopping, made Brawly:

NekkidPplz1.png

Comments, crit, suggestions, fan messages, love notes and any other correspondence is always appreciated. :D
That sprite is the definition of awesome :L
Well Done Dew :)

Last edited:

Serris

The Constant
Years
Brawly looks fantastic, although I feel his chest looks too long. If his torso was brought up a bit, he would look fantastic. Great work, Dew :3

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
The sprites are looking absolutely fantastic so far, Dew.~

As Serris said, though, the chest looks a little bit low for my tastes. His pectorals are nearly as long as his abs and stomach.

Roxanne is flawless though, in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Years
Dew (not Drew, by the way) is on a veritable rampage. He's made yet another Hoenn leader:

FLANNERAH.png

We're currently mapping the various routes and we hope to be around half way to a demo in a matter of days.

Years
He most certainly is! Of course, it's not just Dew working on this project! Here is a little montage of some of the Dinso Gym leaders made by lx_theo. From left to right, meet Miles, Teresa, Kerry, Stella and Ceros:

DinsoLeadersMontage.png

Comments welcome, as ever.

Now, onto a little contest. Dew's struggling for ideas for houses for our new region, so we're opening the floor to submissions from you guys! All you need to do is design two houses (one large and one small) in a similar style to Dew's, which you can see in action here:

StartingTown.png

The best submissions will receive a place on the August team and their art will be used in-game. We're looking forward to see what you can come up with. The contest ends a week on Saturday - that's the 15th of May. To enter, PM me, or post in the submissions thread in our forum (linked in my signature). Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back