• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Tornadus vs Thundurus vs Landorus

Tornadus vs Thundurus vs Landorus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Basically vs everything ever! Whatchu guys think? Which of the copypasta genies is the best and why? :)

Years
I picked Thundurus, since it was the only one I properly used and I also like its colour scheme and Therian form design best out of the three.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Eh, never liked any of them since in their original forms they are actually the same with different color schemes. Also if Landorus wasn't good in competitive it wouldn't be as popular.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I voted for Landorus because its therian form.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
Vote for only Pure Flying Type Pokemon.

O.o but sky plate Arceus...? XD

Anyway I picked Thundurus. I personally loved the color scheme and therian form. And personally I find it a nice threat in the OU metagame with that nasty Prankster ability, that you can use to thunder wave and then try and pull off a nasty plot set.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thundurus ez. Has the best design, strongest (imo at least!) and just looks really cool to have on your team. Who wouldn't want a thundering genie??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Thundurus is amazing once you get the hang of it.

It can use infinite Rain from Drizzle to its advantage by spamming STAB Thunder. It can set up with Nasty Plot or Agility due to Prankster, which also gives it priority Thunder Wave to cripple many fast sweepers in the game.

Although risky to use, it can use Focus Blast to deal with a handful of Steel, Dark, Ice, and Rock Types.

Dark Pulse is something against Ghost or Psychic Types if you feel the need to have that kind of move.

Years
Thundurus is amazing once you get the hang of it.

It can use infinite Rain from Drizzle to its advantage by spamming STAB Thunder. It can set up with Nasty Plot or Agility due to Prankster, which also gives it priority Thunder Wave to cripple many fast sweepers in the game.

Although risky to use, it can use Focus Blast to deal with a handful of Steel, Dark, Ice, and Rock Types.

Dark Pulse is something against Ghost or Psychic Types if you feel the need to have that kind of move.

While the Therian Landorus is really good competitively, I can agree with you that Thundurus can be threatening in competitive as well. Prankster Thunder Waves always annoyed the hell out of me.

Back