• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Now over five years since B2/W2 was released!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay, I had PLANNED to make a thread... but then on the 23rd I was busy and then it absolutely slipped my mind until now lol.

So yes! As of last month it has been five years since B2/W2 were released in Japan. :) So, questions!

Did you get the Japanese versions?
Did you avoid spoilers during those months between the Japanese and English release?
...Can you believe it has been five years?!
What did you think when the Japanese versions were first released?

blue

gucci
Years

Nah. I did with Black & White due to the huge localization gap, but I didn't mind waiting for B2W2 since it was a shorter wait.

Did you avoid spoilers during those months between the Japanese and English release?

I tried to, but I couldn't help but find out a few details about the games such as the PWT characters.

It actually doesn't surprise me all that much tbh, it feels like it has been a long time since these games were released. When compared to the likes of DP which were released 11 years ago is more surprising imo.

Years
Did you get the Japanese versions? - Nah I didn't, I didn't mind waiting too much tbh.
Did you avoid spoilers during those months between the Japanese and English release? - I mean I originally planned on avoiding spoilers but I couldn't resist and eventually gave in haha.
...Can you believe it has been five years?! - Nah it does seem a while tbh, if anything it seems longer than 5 years. Like Blue said, games like DP being released 11 years ago feels weird to me.

Years
Did you get the Japanese versions?: I usually wait for the English release anyway, and while I was pissed my region came last with the international B/W releases, thankfully I didn't have to wait as long with B2/W2.

Did you avoid spoilers during those months between the Japanese and English release?: I tend to follow Pokemon news on the internet from trailers and sources such as CoroCoro anyway, and also discussions regarding theories and leaks so I didn't mind spoiler material.

...Can you believe it has been five years?!: I'm actually stunned it's been that long. Shame my Black 2 cartridge corrupted in 2014, losing pretty much everything I built up in it.

What did you think when the Japanese versions were first released?: I did watch footage of the gameplay, and I was wondering how the English localizations of some names would turn out. Shame most of them weren't as good as the Japanese names, such as Colress (Achroma) and Pokestar Studios (Pokewood).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My turn! :)

Noooo. Never! I've never gotten any Japanese copies :c

For me I definitely did. I was like, completely zoning out during that time. There's STILL parts of B2/W2 I don't know!

Honestly... it kinda feels longer!

What did you think when the Japanese versions were first released?
I shouldn't ask repetitive questions. Yeah I zoned out at this point and generally... didn't pay much attention! At first I was super surprised I didn't get Grey... and I stiiiiilll kinda want Grey but that's what remakes are for :)

Years
Did you get the Japanese versions? Nah, only for the original two games.
Did you avoid spoilers during those months between the Japanese and English release? I did not, in fact. I avidly kept up with information as it came.
...Can you believe it has been five years?! Damn, no. I feel kinda old.
What did you think when the Japanese versions were first released? Them games look solid af, is what I thought.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Way to make me feel old. T_T

Did you get the Japanese versions? Yes but I only played bits of it until I got the English version.

Did you avoid spoilers during those months between the Japanese and English release? I always avoid big spoilers so yes.

...Can you believe it has been five years?! Nooo wtf??!?!?!

What did you think when the Japanese versions were first released? Fucking awesome, a sequel was such an unique thing to make and IMO it shows off once again of 'special' Gen V was.

Back