• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Deep Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
Awersome game. I have a question. The komatana sprite looks like cutted B/W sprite. It it true? How would for example pokabu sprite look like? It wouldn't hmmmm...to pixeled?

typhlosionLV80

Son of Arceus
Years
This game looks amazing, but the picture for the bottom screen changes? Is it a customizable thing or is that just you changing it as you work on it?

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
Awersome game. I have a question. The komatana sprite looks like cutted B/W sprite. It it true? How would for example pokabu sprite look like? It wouldn't hmmmm...to pixeled?
Who do you mean with komatana?

This game looks amazing, but the picture for the bottom screen changes? Is it a customizable thing or is that just you changing it as you work on it?
It's customizable ;)

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
This game is retarded. What ticks me off is how you're so lazy as to just rip the sprites from the official games. Show some originality and stop stealing. And don't get me started on the names you come up with. I mean seriously, Atlantica? Pack up your stupid and pointless idea of a "game," if you can really go so far as to call it that, and get the hell out of here
waoh... dude, you need to be less harsh, i mean seriously, he just started, everybody rips the stuff from official games when they start. yes he should use custom overworlds and such, but its really hard to get those together, just wait and im sure that he will make custom trainer sprites.
although i admit, the name "atlantica" does suck, and needs to be changed right now.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
When will the beta release??
I don't know that yet.

Komatana is a japan name of pawniard. ( I still can't learn english names of some pokemon from the Unowa region)
Yep, they are cutted sprites and they won't look as pixeled, like the HGSS BackSprites.

This game is retarded. What ticks me off is how you're so lazy as to just rip the sprites from the official games. Show some originality and stop stealing. And don't get me started on the names you come up with. I mean seriously, Atlantica? Pack up your stupid and pointless idea of a "game," if you can really go so far as to call it that, and get the hell out of here
Sorry, but I just started and I'm doing everything alone, except for Spriting. This is just a Demo release, not a Final Version.

And if you think my game is retarded and I should get the hell out of here, sorry, but a game doesn't need to have only custom sprites and
stuff. This is a Pokémon game, there are 649+ official sprites in this game, and in most other Fan-Games too, and do you hear anybody complaining? I sure don't.

waoh... dude, you need to be less harsh, i mean seriously, he just started, everybody rips the stuff from official games when they start. yes he should use custom overworlds and such, but its really hard to get those together, just wait and im sure that he will make custom trainer sprites.
although i admit, the name "atlantica" does suck, and needs to be changed right now.

Ok, thanks for the feedback on the name Atlantica ;)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I don't see why thats a good feature but whatever. Looking good!

Well, most of the time, the fakemon are poorly designed (mine, for example), and I hate fakemon, since this is a Pokémon Game and not a fakemon game :p

I don't see why thats a good feature but whatever. Looking good!

lolwut. Im guessing you got caught by that double posting bug.

And I agree, fakemon usually suck. and even if they're good, they don't look consistent with the official pokemon (but now with GenV's bizzare designs, anything goes.). That said, it's not a technically a feature.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
lolwut. Im guessing you got caught by that double posting bug.

And I agree, fakemon usually suck. and even if they're good, they don't look consistent with the official pokemon (but now with GenV's bizzare designs, anything goes.). That said, it's not a technically a feature.

Yeah, I could replace that :p
Also, the protagonists are decided:
Spoiler:

These are made by marisaotakuCSI and I've got permission to use these.

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
What about ENTIRE fakedex regions?
That said, I have seen some fakemon that look like officical sprites, but thats hard to do and most people don't like that.
It looks great :)

What about ENTIRE fakedex regions?
That said, I have seen some fakemon that look like officical sprites, but thats hard to do and most people don't like that.
It looks great :)

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Those are some nice looking protagonists you have up there, but something's off about them. They look a lot like the FireRed/LeafGreen protagonists, especially the male protagonist. I think it's just the style they're drawn though, with the bags like that. The male does look somewhat "generic" if you know what I mean. Maybe if you could, remove the hat, change the colour scheme of his clothing, and lose the hat, and you got yourself a winner. :) Girl looks really nice.

As for your actual screenshots, it seems like some of the menu backgrounds (Pawniard, Reshiram etc.) look like they've been stretched to fit completely onto the background. Try to avoid this, or you will get a horrible distortion. Other than that, I'm really impressed with the way you've gone about this. I can't wait to see some full-scale maps. :3

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
Those are some nice looking protagonists you have up there, but something's off about them. They look a lot like the FireRed/LeafGreen protagonists, especially the male protagonist. I think it's just the style they're drawn though, with the bags like that. The male does look somewhat "generic" if you know what I mean. Maybe if you could, remove the hat, change the colour scheme of his clothing, and lose the hat, and you got yourself a winner. :) Girl looks really nice.

As for your actual screenshots, it seems like some of the menu backgrounds (Pawniard, Reshiram etc.) look like they've been stretched to fit completely onto the background. Try to avoid this, or you will get a horrible distortion. Other than that, I'm really impressed with the way you've gone about this. I can't wait to see some full-scale maps. :3

Okay, thank you very much.
I'll work on the menu backgrounds as soon as possible, I'll do the protagonists later, since they won't be in the demo.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
The demo will probably be released later this week, probably sunday, because I'm really busy with school at the moment.
But, since there wasn't an update this week, here is a small teaser screen:
life_is_a_river_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3hp06e.png

Be warned though as it isn't in the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back