• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ANTI m-mewtwo deck----STANDARD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
so as the name implies is there a way to deal with this guy? the most i can think is using carbink(40dmg power gem) strengthened by 2/3 machamp and hope he dont have lyaandre or hex maniac.
even then the most dmg can be done is:
2 machamp= 40+(20x2)=80
3 machamp= 40+(20x3)=100
if u get special energy at most only 40-80 so even max
what i got is 180dmg

which he can negate fast enough with shrine stadium that allow evoled pokemon to using their previous evolution moves. can somehow someone teach me how to defeat this bugger?

i got no idea at all how to finish him fast enough, nor winning against this kind of deck. anyone else also think hes too overpowered? considering we can no longer destroy his spirit link's too

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Carbink BREAK with 1 strong energy and 3x Regirock EX on the bench. Will be dealing 70 per turn whilst getting you energy back from your discard to power up a Zygarde EX or Groudon EX on the bench. Play Scorched Earth to remove Shrines quickly and give yourself extra draw power. Escape ropes are handy to mess up his flow too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
well gorudon need a lot of energy but lysandre or escape rope from enemy is killer isnt it?

also isnt machamp better than regirock?(not sure if it isnt in standard anymore, havent tinkering strong deck for a while)

regirock only gve 10 dmg, not to mention with regirock on field or gorudon at least both are gving m-mewtwo at least +120dmg

is there no other deck that can defeat this menace? oterwise there will be a lot of strong deck around.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
well gorudon need a lot of energy but lysandre or escape rope from enemy is killer isnt it?

also isnt machamp better than regirock?(not sure if it isnt in standard anymore, havent tinkering strong deck for a while)

regirock only gve 10 dmg, not to mention with regirock on field or gorudon at least both are gving m-mewtwo at least +120dmg

is there no other deck that can defeat this menace? oterwise there will be a lot of strong deck around.

Machamp is out as far as I know, it's also a stage 2 which is gonna take up so much deck space, Regirock x4 will give you +40 and only take up 4 spaces, as opposed to 12 for 3 machamp or 8 for 2. Regirock also has no weakness to M Mewtwo so if it is Lysandre'd it stands a fair chance at surviving. Don't put any energy on Regirock unless you have to. M Mewtwo can't attack Carbink BREAK and M Groudon EX can't be Lysandre'd so you could use that too.

1094095.jpg

As you can see, Carbink Break is gonna give you the ability to add two energy to a fighting type from the discard per turn, so you won't need to worry about gradually adding energy.

Other than that, M Scizor decks can run down the energy attached to M2 and destroy stadium cards pretty quickly. Fight Alone Lucario in theory could do it too. M Alakazam decks can also wreck it but be aware that Ala is also weak to psychic.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
well thats true probability wise. but still its kind of dangerous since u need float stone to safely cover ur regirock. not to mention most people bring 4vs seeker, so even throwing that lysandre he still could use that vs n aiming regirock once more.

i thought of using eeveon ex but card like bent spoon/pokemon ranger is fatal isnt it? since they dissipate effect of the attack.

well scizzorex is awesome but can he really win against one in standard battle? like during weekend where they got the 24 ticket battle one. it rip my heart aince 2 out of 3 battle got me mmewtwo on first battle, not to mention meeting one on the next stage. really fucked.

i saw on yellowswellow or dark integralgaming using regiice n belooom lock but with 4 vs it could defeat u quite heavily

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
M Scizor EX absolutely defeats M Mewtwo decks. 2x Slowking flips to move energy from m mewtwo to something on the bench then have m scizor deliver 120 dmg and discard their stadium. Rinse, repeat. Lysandre out vulnerable things and keep destroying energy/stadiums.

I've seen M Mewtwo lose to Zygarde/Regirock decks many times.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
ah thats awesome, i really hate m metwo deck( i cant build one, need his other mega form >.<)

btw whats their playstyle? using dna tool that allow him to attack with 200 dmg or how? care to teach me? or telling me whats the deck looks like.

m mewtwo with vanishing strike(the one with strong energy) is there an example of how to use it?
the buff looks awesome but its kind of dangerous i think

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
ah thats awesome, i really hate m metwo deck( i cant build one, need his other mega form >.<)

btw whats their playstyle? using dna tool that allow him to attack with 200 dmg or how? care to teach me? or telling me whats the deck looks like.

m mewtwo with vanishing strike(the one with strong energy) is there an example of how to use it?
the buff looks awesome but its kind of dangerous i think

What DNA tool card do you mean?

I've honestly never seen the bulkier M-M2EX ran by anyone. It'd take a bit of time to power it up and really it won't counter the Infinity version.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Oh I see, the Zygarde tool!

Don't use that, it's trash. Use 3x Strong energy, 1x Fighting Fury and 3x Regirock EX instead. You'll be doing 200 anyway and won't have to discard anything. If you run faded town you'll be able to kill off M-M2EX in one turn that way

Basically, Carbink can get you those strongs on Zygarde Ex in 2 turns and hold off MM2EX whilst damaging it for a good 140. Zygarde with fighting Fury has higher HP than MM2EX and can usually starve off an attack from it at high power. With faded town in play you'll be hitting the Megas hard (2 dmg counters inbetween turns, so 40 damage by the time your next turn rolls in)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
ah ic, faded town stadium? or what card is that, jst 2mnths ago start play so i dont know much about card from older explansion

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
ah ic, faded town stadium? or what card is that, jst 2mnths ago start play so i dont know much about card from older explansion

It's fine buddy, I've only come back the past few months after an 11 year absence myself so there's a lot of pre Ancient Origins stuff I'm not familiar with.

1075248.jpg

This is Faded town, real handy card, hits the benched ones too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
cool, ty. will try it later. a bit busy for the next 4days too, so might not available for any battle yet

Years
garbodor stops you from doing many things in this deck. Also after reading hands posts I would agree only if the mega mewtwo player in the area had a bad list and or was a bad player which could be true about their format, but if it's a good player with a good mega mewtwo list then you need a good list and to get better as a player to win these sorts of matchups but then I would also ask how many people play rainbow road where you live which has infinitely better matchups to mewtwo?

If your making a deck to beat 1 deck you will lose to every other deck, but if you make a deck better then every deck out there you can survive the matchups you hate.

Back