• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
MetalMario, for your IV situation, have you read Smogon's breeding guide? You can Rare Candy any breedable Pokemon to level 5, and get a better estimate of its IVs. By doing this you can distinguish the crappy Skorupi from the good one without even using an IV battle. But you still have to use an IV battle to determine the exact IVs.

It was really helpful when I was trying to get good parents for Totodile.

Ingenious trick. I wish I could find Rare Candy in the Underground, how much easier would it be to get them that way.

Either that or I wish they didn't mess with Pickup. =\

I'll check back in the morning. I've hatched around 150 eggs, it's not my biggest priority, although I said I would go as far as I could til I had to save and turn the game off.

I'm working on my (sorta) first art submission, it's Wario.

I'll check back in the morning. Good night everyone!

Years
I am now dual SRing Regice and Moltres, hopefully one will shine this weekend.
I am guessing that if you have a parent Pokémon from someone else's game, and another parent from ANOTHER person's game, then it will increase the odds of hatching a shiny.
But there is no proof, and I'd rather SR for 1/8192 (Valuable) shinies, than cheap 1/200 easy shinies.
Good luck peeps.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I am now dual SRing Regice and Moltres, hopefully one will shine this weekend.
I am guessing that if you have a parent Pokémon from someone else's game, and another parent from ANOTHER person's game, then it will increase the odds of hatching a shiny.
But there is no proof, and I'd rather SR for 1/8192 (Valuable) shinies, than cheap 1/200 easy shinies.
Good luck peeps.

Exactly.

This is the deduction I came to this morning when I was trying to figure it out.

I thought about the Pokemon I was using.

I didn't get them off GTS, but they were traded.

For Vulpix, I was using one of the breeding Dittos I had received online through a trade. The other parent was a hatched Vulpix from my FR game. Both with different IDs. I got this one the most easily of course, 22 eggs after doing the "glitch" which probably doesn't do anything at all.

For Munchlax, both of the Pokemon were traded.... but from the same game. They both came from the same game because they have the same ID. (It's either Diamond or Pearl1, can't remember). I had some trouble with this one. 68 eggs after rejecting 42, but I had already hatched maybe 100 Munchlax eggs previous.

For Magikarp... it's a little bit more difficult, but here's the deal: The Ditto I'm using is traded.
The Magikarp has my ID, the one that's the same from the game I'm hatching on.

So maybe there's something to that, since both times above I was dealing with traded Pokemon with both parents.

It's something worth researching.

But now I wonder how I'm going to test this... Maybe trade some of my Diamond ID Pokemon to my Pearl1 and test it there. I'd like to test it with Staryu, actually..

But that means I'll have to break the "Egg Chain" of my Magikarp.....

Bah! Screw the chain! I wanna try this other thing out!

Good luck everyone :)

edit:

K I have my game plan now. I'm going to do this on Pearl1. I usually keep it open to chain but now is not the time.

I'm going to trade over my Timid Ditto and then Pal Park some Staryu since I don't have any good ones so it doesn't really matter nor do I have the patience or want to wait til I hatch a good Staryu for a parent, that way I can test it nearly immediately...

And btw.... remember what happens when I test things? lol :P :D

Last edited:
Years
I wish I could find Rare Candy in the Underground, how much easier would it be to get them that way.
Because there's nothing better to do than to feed your Pokémon some candy you found which had been buried deep underground for some 1,000 years. :P

I'm going to give this "traded parents" thing a try. I'll go back to using my Yanmega I Pal Parked from Fire Red with one of the female Skorupi I hatched on Diamond. I might also try to prehatch a strong male and female, borrow my brother's Japanese Platinum, and hatch one of them there. That should get me eggs at the maximum speed and meet all these theoretical requirements.

In Diamond: I be at Celestic Town, so not much further to go before reaching Dialga. The plan is to do the elastic band trick and multihunt one of Dialga/Rotom (in Diamond/Pearl respectively) alongside something on the GBA--either Kyogre or Chikorita. Since I'm in a race for Chikorita, probably her.

PokemonMichael: You wanted to join, right? Is that Dustox your only shiny? That any other shinies you might own be mentioned is the only requirement to join. Welcome in advance.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Because there's nothing better to do than to feed your Pokémon some candy you found which had been buried deep underground for some 1,000 years. :P

I'm going to give this "traded parents" thing a try. I'll go back to using my Yanmega I Pal Parked from Fire Red with one of the female Skorupi I hatched on Diamond. I might also try to prehatch a strong male and female, borrow my brother's Japanese Platinum, and hatch one of them there. That should get me eggs at the maximum speed and meet all these theoretical requirements.

In Diamond: I be at Celestic Town, so not much further to go before reaching Dialga. The plan is to do the elastic band trick and multihunt one of Dialga/Rotom (in Diamond/Pearl respectively) alongside something on the GBA--either Kyogre or Chikorita. Since I'm in a race for Chikorita, probably her.

PokemonMichael: You wanted to join, right? Is that Dustox your only shiny? That any other shinies you might own be mentioned is the only requirement to join. Welcome in advance.

lmao, yeah, it's rock candy!!! :D

I'm through! I've finally broke through into PC!! I wanted to come earlier but it would never load, so here I am with the late news.

Here's Junichi Masuda's blog, if you wanna take a look.

Scroll down to entry #118.

It's sorta old news but it's an interesting read.

I finally got my Pokemon together as well. I simply caught a Staryu in Diamond and traded it along with the Timid Ditto I got from someone to Pearl1. So that should set it up right as well.

I'll admit, I did the "reject 42 eggs" beforehand. But if I get a shiny Staryu, I'm going to keep going to see if I get another.

Then I'll test it without doing the egg 'glitch'.

I've hatched about.... 50 eggs so far. I expect to go much farther before I see anything.

If I do see something, I won't believe my eyes again. =\

Maybe we're supposed to use GTS Pokemon but then that just ruins the whole perspective of having a good IV'd Pokemon. Plus, foreign Pokemon have a hard time transferring natures.... so it just seems like a bad idea overall unless it was for a hard-to-get Shiny Pokemon.

But hey! We're still testing so let's just see what we can turn up with for now.

I really, really, REALLY got a lot of people dragged into that Egg Chaining glitch by posting that video, so I feel a bit bad and want to contribute by researching it. I still think there might be something lurking in there somewhere.

Good luck everyone, no matter what you're doing.

~Crystal Entei~

If that is what you wish
Years
Man,I am losing it.It's been MONTHS since I've found a shiny.I tried hunting for one of my favorite shinies which failed and resulted in me throwing my DS across the room.I just don't think chaining is for me.Maybe I should quit...

Years
That's no good :\
I'm going to go hunt Groudon now, along with Moltres.
I hope that one of them shines today, it's been many, many Pokémon since my last random shiny.
I wish my game was as good as Chiakiro's FireRed and Emerald; a new shiny every other day.
Good luck all, and I hope to hear some results soon DDD.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to new shinies everyone :D.

Well I finally caught my Darkrai early this morning, so I prepared myself to SR for shiny Regigigas. I traded over my Regi's from Pearl to Platinum, and the Smeargle that helped me capture shiny Giratina and Darkrai from Diamond. I started SRing for it this afternoon, I'm up to 350 SR's for it.

Right now though, I'm spending more time hunting for shiny Paras in LeafGreen. I have done a lot of encounters since my last post, so I'm almost near 9500 Paras seen, but no shiny ones. Paras and Regigigas will be my main hunts, so I hope that they shine soon.

Years
I'm hoping to at least get to awakening Groudon tonight (Or, rather, this morning)
Then getting to Rayquaza tomorrow.
I will also get to it in my Sapphire eventually, and dual SR for Quaza.
Heck, I may go for 2 if I feel like it.
Maybe I'll go after Moltres tomorrow, if I don't get results from the Egg Radar.
Good luck all.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Man,I am losing it.It's been MONTHS since I've found a shiny.I tried hunting for one of my favorite shinies which failed and resulted in me throwing my DS across the room.I just don't think chaining is for me.Maybe I should quit...

You shouldn't quit, that is the fun of Shiny hunting!! Especially during the GBA Era, where there were no Poke Radars, only random, Soft-reseted, and hatched Shiny Pokemon!! My last Shiny were the Radar'ed Chansey, in August, and my current target is to hatch Charmander, since December of 2007, which has yet to yield results... ^_^

Currently at 2075 Eggs...

Years
Yeah, plus the GBA Games had some awesome sparkle effects.
I am now at Groudon, but I want to catch it and move on, so I can go to Rayquaza and catch it shiny.
I have the Master Ball now (Ruby, yay)
I have also done about 800 SRs for Moltres, and I'll continue that when I'm up to Quaza.
I am also going off/on with the Emerald RNG, as I have noticed that all Profiles that are "lucky" begin in the number "3", but I have yet to see any results.
I am also side-hunting a Hoenn starter (Not telling until I get my next shiny) on Sapphire.
I hope that I can get a shiny by the end of the month, but I will only be able to hunt for the rest of today, the end of Friday, and Saturday. So that is extremely unlikely.
*Sigh*
I guess that Kakkadragon's predictions will only be coming true for him, then.
Seriously though, 3 shinies in one month?
First Giratina, then Moltres, then Articuno?!
Give ME some luck!
xD
Okay then, this will most likely be my last post of the weekend, so I'll catch ya'll later.
Good luck, everybody.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I didn't want to post again until I caught another shiny but after seeing this Egg chain thingy I have to try it out. I think it is rubbish though. I hate how easy it is to find a shiny now. Will try the egg chain soon would be good to get decent shinies to battle with but would make a good IV shiny nowhere near as valuable as they can be "egg chained"

Will find some time to do it when I have no basketball, school coursework, driving and all the other millions of things I have to do right now done and keeping a GF happy while wanting to game is hard. God they can be selfish sometimes.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hey ppl, how are the egg chain doin???
I still on my hunt for giratina... want to finish with the shiny legends...
gl for everyone hunting and congrats on new shinys

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
hey ppl, how are the egg chain doin???
I still on my hunt for giratina... want to finish with the shiny legends...
gl for everyone hunting and congrats on new shinys

Not too good seeing as it doesn't work but as stated before I'm trying something else out right now.

But it's hard because I have NBA 2K9 and I have a passion for drawing these days.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Razer, you play basketball? Do you play for your college/high school? I play, too!

In fact, that's just what's been keeping me busy since late October...that and schoolwork. I rarely have time to shiny hunt during the weekends, but it's all worth it.

Mence Master, who are all these random lucky people you seem to be mentioning? Do you just type in "Shiny Pokemon" on YouTube and watch every video? lol

Years
My friends Kakkadragon (Also goes on the 3rd Gen shiny thread on Sppf) Chiakiro and shinycollector7 from YouTube have all hit the jackpot recently.
Hunting Quaza, Moltres, and probably gonna Emerald RNG Hunt nowadays.
Maybe something else, but I dunno what.
Good luck everyone.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I play in high school but I think it would be the equivalent of college in the US. I play every Tuesday and Thursday. Thursday normally for games. Didn't play today due to coursework but I will be playing on Thursday.

I tried that "egg chain" thingy last night and I have decided that it doesn't work. I like to try things myself but hatched over 200 eggs after missing 42 and came up with no shinys. Might give it another go just to see what happens but I am doubtful. Would like to get a shiny Totodile with good IV and nature.

Years
Yeah, we're pretty sure as well X__X
No new news, still hunting Quaza and Moltres, maybe, MAYBE, I'll try the RNG again later.
Good luck all.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Hey guys, been a while since my last SR 4th gen shiny. My newest shiny is Rotom. It's from my Pearl, Lax nature and caught it in a Dusk ball.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Nothing new from me, I'm still hunting for shiny Paras in LeafGreen and SRing for shiny Regigigas in Platinum. I've sorta lost interest in shiny hunting lately, have no idea why. I will continue to hunt for shinies, but I won't be spending as much time as I used to(when I used to spend the whole day SRing). My other games have been feeling neglected too, so I should play those :P.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Back