• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My interest's slightly decreased, unfortunately. Used to watch the anime regularly couple of years ago, but now, I rarely do. It's been about three months since I'd last seen an episode. I also used to collect Pokémon cards, but not anymore. Only thing I keep up with nowadays are the games. :p Not sure if I'll be growing out of them, but I hope not.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Mmm, not much of a difference actually. You see, I started out with much enthusiasm which died down as I got the more action-related video games out for the more intense platforms. But I kept a close watch on new games and as they came in, I found myself playing a bit more than what I started for. So it's almost a cycle really. Since the games I've collected is amounting to more and more, I'd say there's a steady increase in my interest, and that's not going to come down unless they stop releasing spinoffs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Slightly decreased :( I used to keep track of every species and game but I've yet to play gen 5 and 6 now so I feel like I'm falling behind. Also I haven't been up to date with the anime in many years and it's been quite a while since I felt my dear TCG cards between my hands.

I used to love the TCG! Card games overall are pretty ingenious.

But o course there's PC and especially PGen to make sure I always have pokemon stuff to talk about :) I'll likely never stop having pokemon as my no 1 fandom.

Years
It all depends on how long you define the last few years to be. If we're just going from 5 years ago, I'd say my interest has gone up quite a bit, as I only had minor interest in the series then, but now I've gotten back into the games, and coming to a place like PC everyday always keeps me interested in what's happening.

Compared to the late 90's-early 2000's though, my interest has declined as a whole. Sure, I didn't get into the games until a bit later on, but I was a massive TCG collector and Pokemon anime watcher back then, while neither of those interest me near as much now.

Whether my interest is declining or increasing though, I can't see myself becoming detached from Pokemon completely any time soon.

Years
I'm still interested, but more in the games these days. The anime got a bit boring during the BW era probably because I was disappointed in some of Ash's Unova Pokemon going too long without screentime (looking at you Palpitoad) and also Iris and Cilan having very small, disappointing teams. In Cilan's case, he never caught anything new after Stunfisk.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
There is little or no difference in my interest of Pokémon over the years, very much like going on here in PC. The games are still cool, and with the 3DS is also cool, but the Wii U needs some attention. The anime seems boring, so it needs to do something different than usual. What I say the difference will be will make the anime even better. though if they listen to ideas.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
I'd say my interest in Pokemon has been stagnating over the past two or three years, ever since BW. There's really nothing much that Game Freak did to surprise or impress me. It definitely doesn't mean I'll lose complete interest, I still use Pokemon as a creative outlet.

I agree with Snorlax. The anime totally has no appeal to me, and I personally found it to be always bland.

HUF_DBC

My interest in pokemon is greater than ever, I think it's because of the whole new 3D aspect of X and Y

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I still use Pokemon as a creative outlet.
This, definitely. Mainly, actually. RPing :3

Idk, I think I'd enjoy a new, well made hack based on Gen II just as much as the new 3D games. Graphics were never a problem for me in games. Story, characters and complexity is what matters.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's been an extremely long time since I last played a gen-two hack. If I remember correctly, I think the hack was called Pokémon Prism. I did enjoy it, but would've enjoyed it even more if its graphics quality were higher. Story does play important role in games, but in my opinion, so do graphics. xD"

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm surprised at how many of you said that you're not as interested. I can understand the correlation between Pokémon and age but the franchise continuously improves every generation imo (of course many people would disagree). If it wasn't for PC though I would most like have lost interest as well. Everybody has interesting things to say :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ooooh Pokémon Prism! I enjoyed that greatly but I think it was really difficult O.o Maybe I happened to travel through the towns in wrong order or something because some gym kept whiting me out.

Training a Zubat was hard in Gen I and II. From Gen III and onwards it became feasible :B

Years
Training a Zubat was hard in Gen I and II. From Gen III and onwards it became feasible :B

Ah yes I imagine how hard raising some Pokemon at low levels can be, especially if it has a really high level to evolve at. Thankfully Gen 5 and 6 made Zubat easier to train thanks to the fact you get it at a decently good not-too-low-level meaning no having to rely on Leech Life for so long.

However, I always find raising happiness a pain. It always bites me when I catch a Budew to try to evolve into Roselia only to find out I missed on important moves it would have learned had it evolved earlier.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ah yes I imagine how hard raising some Pokemon at low levels can be, especially if it has a really high level to evolve at. Thankfully Gen 5 and 6 made Zubat easier to train thanks to the fact you get it at a decently good not-too-low-level meaning no having to rely on Leech Life for so long.

However, I always find raising happiness a pain. It always bites me when I catch a Budew to try to evolve into Roselia only to find out I missed on important moves it would have learned had it evolved earlier.
Mostly I think it helped with Bite becoming more useful in later generations. And Wing Attack or some other attack it also learned I think?

Ah, yeah happiness. With pokémon I need to evolve with happiness but don't want to miss moves on, I try to just keep it with me but not battle with it too much. And then I sometimes let it gain a level, but not too often, to see if it was enough. So far it's worked :3

Years
Or you can go overboard on the whole happiness thing by keeping your Pokemon out of battle too much, and end up with a level 12 Togetic like I did in FireRed :x

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah :p Luckily you can stop evolution if you feel like you want them to grow more before they evolve, so.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never tried evolving Zubat in generations one and two. In gen three, though, I did, and it was pretty hard for me. When it comes to evolving Pokémon with happiness, I always have a tough time. d:

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
I understand exactly your pain. My Budew missed out on Mega Drain iirc when it evolved to Roselia. >_>

In Gold, it was very hard to get my Togepi evolved. And Metronome wasn't a reliable move for training either. >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back